PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-16-2013, 12:47 PM #1
tehkosta

tehkosta owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Question sly profit vs dye i4 vs vforce grill

i need help picking my next mask and its down to these 3. tell me which ones you prefer and the advantages to them
tehkosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2013, 05:47 PM #2
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Go to your local store/field and try them all on. You are going to get different answers from everyone. It's a matter of personal preference, whatever mask feels the best on you. Personally, I would rank grills first, than profits, than I4s. The grillz are comfty on me, and good vision. The profits are comfortable, but have bad communication. And the i4's are too damn small on me.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 PM #3
avengeddisciple

avengeddisciple owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
avengeddisciple has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
agreed ^^

but I would put i4's head to head with the profits just for the sole fact that they breathe much better but lack the overall comfort and the coverage that the profits have. Profits have great great foam, you could sleep in them. It's just all going to be down to what you are comfortable with. try breathing hard when you are trying them on and you will be able to tell which you like more pretty easily
Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 PM #4
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Try out the E-flex too.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:13 PM #5
907stone
AK Pump

907stone has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i prefer my profits over grills and i4s, they fit me better and are comfortable all day long. It all comes down to personal preference though try em all out
Originally posted by Kindadinosaur "Adrenaline. Itís what drives us to return to the field, week after week. The bruises we wear are badges of honor, and proof of our dedication to our chosen craft. One need only examine the smoking remains of our bank balances to see the extent of this addiction. We breath paintball. We live paintball. We are paintball."

Originally posted by honculada "I need a job like I need another pump. Or is that I need a job so I could buy another pump."
907stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 PM #6
BatmanLiera

E-flex????
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:05 PM #7
ccruz99
Naval Surface Warfare

ccruz99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ccruz99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ccruz99 supports DLX Technology
the lens are a b***h to change on the dye i4 and easy to change on the vforce grill, if that is a concern for you.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

CURRENT GATS:
LUXE 2.0 Purple/Gold, Ego11 Regal 2, Victory Ripper Black/Lime, Invert Mini V3 Blue, BT TM7, Autococker System X Vengeance
ccruz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:10 PM #8
FrostbitePaintball
Frostbitten Alliance

FrostbitePaintball is playing at Living Legends VI
FrostbitePaintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FrostbitePaintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FrostbitePaintball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I thought that the i4 made huge improvements over the i3 as far as lens changes go, but everyone is right when they say that the profit is extremely comfortable. I agree that it's a matter of personal preference, but if i had to only pick one I think that i'd go with the profit simply because it's comfortable and fits my big noggin better than the i4
FrostbitePaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM #9
BatmanLiera

I am not familiar with i4s but one time i fixed one for a boy that his lense was loose and it was rather hard compared to my eflex but me being a lil handy er than others i was able to fix it and he played more games
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:12 PM #10
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccruz99 View Post
the lens are a b***h to change on the dye i4 and easy to change on the vforce grill, if that is a concern for you.
I don't think they're thst bad normally, but double strapped they're f***ing terrible.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:47 AM #11
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Someone literally asked this exact question last week so I'm going to quote my answer from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
I have Grillz and i4s (and a Proflex).

The i4s are super small and light, offer great visibility and the lense changes are easy. The downside is they do not breath well at all.

Grillz are also light but a little bulkier. They breath better and I actually like their lens change mechanism more but the extra bulk can be slightly annoying.

Neither breath anywhere near as well as a Proflex/Eflex does.

A friend of mine has Profits and they are super comfy. I'd say they are probably about halfway between i4s and grillz bulk wise (at least that is y impression). I don't know about the lens change mechanism on them or anything like that.
Also i4 lenses aren't hard to change. I like the Grill's mechanism better but i4s are hardly difficult. A lot of people don't realize how the clips work and don't actually push them in far enough on the i4s.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:43 AM #12
blueshifty
RIP: UnderÝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccruz99 View Post
You must be confusing the i4s with something else. There is a little button that you push down and slide the strap forward, then the lens pops out. I can swap lenses in maybe 2 minutes if I'm taking my time.

The other great thing about i4s is that the HD lens is the greatest lens in paintball. I love them.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:24 AM #13
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
You must be confusing the i4s with something else. There is a little button that you push down and slide the strap forward, then the lens pops out. I can swap lenses in maybe 2 minutes if I'm taking my time.

The other great thing about i4s is that the HD lens is the greatest lens in paintball. I love them.
Now they have the HD lenses with gradients and mirror coatings too, so there's even more versatile choices now too.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:43 AM #14
stephens76

I would prefer the i4 over the sly mask overall. The i4 is comfortable, lightweight, and gives you great field of vision. For a larger player it is less desirable due to size. I loved my mask until taking forehead and face shots at closer range. They just don't offer a great deal of overall protection IMO. The profits are better in that regard but do not breath well not to mention the fishbowl effect when your wearing them. Hard to hear things around you and it echoes when trying to call out to your teammates. Reminds me of wearing an NBC mask in the army.
stephens76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:59 PM #15
str8caash

str8caash owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
str8caash supports Team VICIOUS
str8caash has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
str8caash supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post

totally agree with u, and thats REALLY taking ur time. I4s have the best lens overall any pb mask out there and 50% of what i look for in a mask is the lens, the other 50% is a mixture of comfort, protection and price. Well as far as price u get what u pay. As far as comfort and protection thats personal preference depending on head shape and size.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:14 AM #16
Straight Silver
Straightest of Them All

Straight Silver has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I4's. I wouldn't worry too much about size. I'm 6'2" 200 lbs and the thing is fine on me. And I don't have a small head.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:18 PM #17
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Between those two, Grills

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:17 PM #18
camstan9

camstan9 supports Team VICIOUS
I absolutely love my grillz.agreesive,comfy,and overall nice mask.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 PM #19
Arnie10
RedSkinPB

Arnie10 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i4. it really does not matter how "big" your head is... im not the biggest nor smallest person and the i4 fits okay for me. but I personally want to try the grill
Arnie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:05 PM #20
El Chance Libre

If you wear i4 and have a larger head you will be getting shot in the jaw bone! I don't care what anyone says they are smaller than grillz and you will get shot in the jaw at some point. I have i4s, I get shot in the jaw, it hurts more than anywhere else so if that's an issue for you get the grillz
Old 04-22-2013, 01:17 PM #21
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Used the profit for a year, feels like you're wearing a bucket on your head.

With a good mask you forget you're wearing it. You never forget it when wearing a profit. When wearing it I couldn't wait to get off the field.

I bought a proflex and don't mind hanging around a bit out-of-bounds to see how the game plays out if I get hit early.