Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-15-2013, 04:03 PM #1
enemy master

Transfer tube keeps leaking. Need advice.

Well when i found out it was my transfer tube leaking not the solnoid or any other oring. I put new orings on the transfer tube and lubed it up and it held the air when i gased it up and shot. I would say after a 100-200 round the gun would start leaking again. It would start as a small leak then stop for a couple of shot then start to leak again then the leak would get worse. This is a on going thing from the same place the transfer tube. The first time i put little lube and the same problem held air then after some shots it started to leak. I then put a ton of lube and the exact same problem happens. Should i put a more over sized oring on the tube or is there a special way to put the tube in and lube it? I just want to get this gun to be reliable and be my number one gun. I love the feel, shot, efficiency of the gun and would sure like some help getting it up and running without problems.

Last edited by enemy master : 02-15-2013 at 04:06 PM.
enemy master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:42 PM #2
spatanen

dont use to much lube on the shuttle, when i have lube my demon i lube it, gas it up dry fire like 20 shots, take the bolt out and remove the shuttle wipe of the lube from the innertransfer tube and then im good to go... sorry for my bad typing its late here in sweden
spatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:55 PM #3
enemy master

So if there is to much lube on the shuttle it will leak from the transfer tube? keep in mind it is a 2013 engine
Old 02-16-2013, 05:06 PM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
It might happen. That transfer tube needs to slide in and seal. If you have too much grease in there, it may become trapped and bunch up the oring. If that makes sense?

Do you feel the orings on there don't fit snug? Like they don't have any resistance when you assemble everything? If so you may want to try something a hair larger. If you can't find anything you could lubing with dow55, let them sit a night then air the gun up to see if it helps.

Etek 3LT grey/black f/s
Valken Proton greyish/black f/s
68 4500 PE stubby, LP output f/s
68 4500 AIR tank(no reg) f/s
Creed/demon eyes f/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:55 PM #5
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

juggernaught_lives plays in the PSP
juggernaught_lives is for the Gunfight
check the oring fitment.

See if there is any play with the oring on the transfer tube,
IF YES, THEN;
a) That is the wrong oring. The oring should be fitted in its groove.

Is if the Transfer tube with the oring has any side to side play in either hole, the Manifold or the Frame.
IF YES, THEN;
a) The oring is too tight and it is not sealing up against the Tube or the wall in the Frame or Manifold.

b) The oring is the right ID but wrong Width which allows for too much play causing leaks.

Just go by the Manual and check the proper size of the oring and just because the oring is the right size does not always mean that it will be a proper fitted oring. I would say that 1 or 2 out of 10 will be the right size, but not fit properly.

XXX Custom Anodized Machine Vapor For Sale XXX

>>> Custom Cosmic Twisted Demon For Sale <<<
juggernaught_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:28 PM #6
enemy master

it feels like when you fit the transfer tube into the holes that there is a little play but not much. I put brand new orings on it and the same problem. If i run a little higher pressure like a stock low pressure tank will that help? I have a slp tank and it works sometimes. Today i shot like 500 round with no leak and used my other low pressure crossfire tank. Is this the issue? or do other people use slp tanks with no problem?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 PM #7
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
SLP is not suggested for the Demon, but not for that reason. Once you have your tank output regulated down by the guns reg.......I don't see how the SLP or LP tank would make a difference. Unless the SLP isn't putting enough pressure into the gun's reg for it to output in the proper range.

I say if the Low pressure tank works without a problem, then keep using it. There is no advantage to using the SLP anyway.

Etek 3LT grey/black f/s
Valken Proton greyish/black f/s
68 4500 PE stubby, LP output f/s
68 4500 AIR tank(no reg) f/s
Creed/demon eyes f/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 AM #8
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
You need the proper pressure for the regulator to function properly.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote