Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 AM #85
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
stupid sunroof controls are all *** backwards again. audi electrical gremlins. will have to bring it in, hopefully I can borrow the A7 again.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 PM #86
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Yay, I think this weekend I can pick up my brake stuff. Hopefully can get it done next week. Ordering BBS tomorrow. Maybe order tires tomorrow too. Looking into some PSS9s too, but probably can't afford them yet. So excited to have my car at least a little modded.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 03-05-2013, 12:31 PM #87
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnekdude View Post
Nom nom nom
Hate the performance of them but they look so sharp

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:36 PM #88
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

my friend's brother has an RS5. I really want to drive it. I don't know his brother though.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 03-05-2013, 12:47 PM #89
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

I'm sure it will be on the report, as it should. How the **** do you get in 5 accidents?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 03-05-2013, 04:33 PM #90
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

When my wheels were chrome, lol
Watermelondrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM #91
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Nice s4x4
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 PM #92
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

new custom intake shipped... woo woo

Will get that damn hit and run damage fixed soon, install the intake and then heading to the strip at the end of the month with some B8 S4 guys. Some predict my car ought to run 12.5. We will see.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Ynnekdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 PM #93
FL07
On High Alert

I want money for coilovers. If I get those I think the car will be officially half done. The other half being awe exhaust, Deval diffuser (or ball hard and somehow get an RS4 rear bumper to fit), RS4 grill, possible steering wheel.
FL07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 PM #94
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL07 View Post
I want money for coilovers. If I get those I think the car will be officially half done. The other half being awe exhaust, Deval diffuser (or ball hard and somehow get an RS4 rear bumper to fit), RS4 grill, possible steering wheel.
Still not wanting to tune, huh? Getting an RS4 bumper to fit would be more trouble than its worth both financially and physically. I wanted to do something similar with an RS6 valance + bumper and it was ridiculously expensive. Ended up just doing the S6 and I'm happy.

How are you liking driving 6mt? You had never owned a manual prior if I remember correctly?

edit: Also, ordered carbon fiber mirror housings on ebay. Things show up and they are ****ing thin and simply meant to be installed with double sided tape over the existing housing, albeit being real carbon. Eff that. Back to China they go.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Ynnekdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 PM #95
Alan777
Tree Fitty

I'd get an exhaust before anything else. I can't stand having a stock exhaut car that sounds that good when modified
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 PM #96
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnekdude View Post
Still not wanting to tune, huh? Getting an RS4 bumper to fit would be more trouble than its worth both financially and physically. I wanted to do something similar with an RS6 valance + bumper and it was ridiculously expensive. Ended up just doing the S6 and I'm happy.

How are you liking driving 6mt? You had never owned a manual prior if I remember correctly?

edit: Also, ordered carbon fiber mirror housings on ebay. Things show up and they are ****ing thin and simply meant to be installed with double sided tape over the existing housing, albeit being real carbon. Eff that. Back to China they go.
I love driving manual. It's my favorite part of this car. Makes the drive a little more exciting which helps compensate for the lack of pure speed. I'm still not very good at it though. I mean I get around fine and don't **** up, but the more "advanced" things like heel-toe I can't do.

Coilovers are next on the mod list, exhaust is right after that. I'd like to do something about the back when I do the exhaust. I hate the stupid silver "blade" thing on the back it collects so much dirt. Deval diffuser is the easier, most practical, and one I will likely end up doing. RS4 rear bumper is like a fantasy mod. I am guessing it's at least $3k for parts and its not supposed to fit the narrower body, so I am not even sure my body shop owning friend could make it happen.

It looks so damn good though. Also the OEM RS4 tips look a thousand times better than the AWE ovals (which is likely what I will get).

Deval

stock with awe oval tip exhaust

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Last edited by Featherlite 07 : 03-05-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 PM #97
lowbudgethero
Boomer

I don't like how that pipe is sticking out from under it
lowbudgethero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 PM #98
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

where's my RS4 pic go? You're right, the pipe does look kinda bad. Also the tips are not aligned. I'm guessing a poor install.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 PM #99
lowbudgethero
Boomer

I'd bet just opening up the headers and cat to the stock catback would give a good sound without drawing too much attention to yourself.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:58 PM #100
TheNforcer
RIP DIO 1942-2010

TheNforcer plays in the PSP
TheNforcer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TheNforcer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheNforcer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
We had a service S4 in that I worked on. Full APR exhaust, tuned and possibly a pulley. Also has the sports rear diff and drive select. That thing is ****ing sexual. I accidentally may have laid some rubber... sideways... through an intersection. But that's neither here nor there.
DMeyerspb #98
Planet Eclipse, Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex, DXS, FatBoy Pods, V-Force, Ninja Paintball, SkipsPics.net

XBL GT: TheEnforcer98
Drive German or Go Home, VAG Lover
TheNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:04 AM #101
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

I'm told the sports rear diff is really nice, but I don't have it None of the cars I looked at had it.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 AM #102
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan777 View Post
Nice s4x4
A good point was brought up to me recently; with coilovers, you cause your car (suspension components) a lot of extra stress because of how low it is (brake lines, etc.). Is this true? Also, if it's true, is it something to be worried about? In other words, how much extra money should I put aside as a security in case the car has to go back to the shop a few days after driving around with coilovers on? I'm sure if I needed to change the brake lines for some reason (example) I would just do them myself, but you get the point.

Also, resale value with coilovers? I don't plan on spending a fortune on them, I don't plan on making my money back for them, I do plan on keeping my stock suspension (I have all the stock parts for my car), etc., but will coilovers make it harder to sell the car?

Honestly, it's a 12 year old car with just over 103,000 miles, I shouldn't be worried about resale and all that other bull ****, but it's just another something that's been going through my head before I decide to order a set of coilovers.

Last edited by Watermelondrea : 03-06-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Watermelondrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM #103
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

could always put the stock stuff back on if it ends up being an issue. I traded my M5 in with springs on it and no one said anything. The question is how long are you planning on keeping the car? If you're only going to have it 3 months, its a waste of money to buy anything. But if you're going to keep it a few years and you will enjoy it more with coilovers then its probably worthwhile. I'm hoping to keep my car at least 3 more years, so I think I will get my money's worth out of coilovers. I've never heard about them overstressing the rest of the car. I don't think that would be an issue since the coilovers are replacing the stock stuff that would conflict with them. I think if you run springs and stock shocks you will wear the shocks out faster. I don't think you'd have any issue with brake lines or anything unless you adjusted the height so much they weren't the right length anymore?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 AM #104
lowbudgethero
Boomer

If you have a 12 year old car with 100K plus get coilovers, I think just refreshing the suspension would probably make a big difference at that point.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:59 PM #105
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

can you not choose your own body shop with geico or something?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)