Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-13-2013, 09:42 PM #1
yomomma7826

G5 air leak?

Hey guys, I got my first "substantial" marker today in the mail from ans. the DP G5. I was shooting a bunch of paint in my backyard, no chrono sadly, so out of the box just shooting it. I was using a 90/4500 and it emptied the tank after 1000 balls. Is that normal? Also, i could hear a hissing sound coming out of the barrel while I was shooting, it started after about the first three pods. I know that that's not normal. Any tips?
yomomma7826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2013, 09:45 PM #2
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomomma7826 View Post
Hey guys, I got my first "substantial" marker today in the mail from ans. the DP G5. I was shooting a bunch of paint in my backyard, no chrono sadly, so out of the box just shooting it. I was using a 90/4500 and it emptied the tank after 1000 balls. Is that normal? Also, i could hear a hissing sound coming out of the barrel while I was shooting, it started after about the first three pods. I know that that's not normal. Any tips?
Remove DP's lube and put some good DOW33 based lube on
Old 02-13-2013, 09:46 PM #3
GraniteGargoyle

Seriously would think you should get more than that but the velocity may be turned way high.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:52 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

Seeing that you have a leak - you realize that when you fix the leak issue, the low shot count will "fix" itself.

So, for the leak. If you just air it up, do you hear the leak or is it JUST when firing? Need to narrow down exactly where the leak is coming from. With air on and power off, reach through the feedneck with a finger and completely cover the face of the bolt. If you feel pressure building behind your finger, it is the o-ring on the backcap stem. If not, it may be one of the o-rings in the body of the marker.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 PM #5
yomomma7826

It happens when I turn on the air, with the gun off. The pressure does build up. So i just need to remove the back cap? And relune it?

And sorry for seemkng so dumb. I just don't want to break it somehow.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:15 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

You likely won't break it.

So, just to confirm, the air pressure builds up behind your finger when covering the face of the bolt? I'm assuming that the leak sound also went away when you covered the bolt face.

If you haven't done so already, you should degas, take the backcap off, wipe off all lube from bolt and backcap stem o-ring, then relube. The only places that need lube are the front portion of the bolt, the backcap stem o-ring, and the inside of the back of the bolt (where the backcap stem goes when assembled). You only need to use a little lube - just enough to make the surfaces feel slick and the o-ring shiny. Make sure to use a decent lube as well.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 02-13-2013, 10:20 PM #7
yomomma7826

After removing the back cap, this was there. http://i49.tinypic.com/zj819d.jpg Not normal I'm assuming? Took it out. Works fine. Thanks for the help. Just scared that I would do something wrong. Thank you for the help!!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:21 PM #8
yomomma7826

When you say decent lube, where could i buy a decent brand? Living in Hawaii sucks, only two shops. And three or four fields. None have a (big) shop and a field
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 PM #9
GraniteGargoyle

Might check your orings...is that part of one of them?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 PM #10
GraniteGargoyle

Gunsav, Monkey Poo, Lurker, there are others mentioned in a couple threads here.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:24 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
After removing the back cap, this was there. http://i49.tinypic.com/zj819d.jpg Not normal I'm assuming? Took it out. Works fine. Thanks for the help. Just scared that I would do something wrong. Thank you for the help!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
Might check your orings...is that part of one of them?
I was just going to ask this ^^^ .

It almost liiks like part of a shredded o-ring. How does that backcap stem o-ring look? Or, should I even go here ........how does the backcap stem end look? Any visible signs of wear or anything?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:26 PM #12
CA_Tectonics

Can't quite tell from the pic....is that piece rubber, plastic, or metal?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 PM #13
GraniteGargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Can't quite tell from the pic....is that piece rubber, plastic, or metal?
Looked to me like a shredded piece of oring, but hard to tell really.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 PM #14
CA_Tectonics

If you look at page 10 of your manual - does that piece look like it is part of the bolt bumper (labeled B in the manual) or possibly part of the backcap bumper (labeled D in the manual)?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:30 PM #15
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
Looked to me like a shredded piece of oring, but hard to tell really.
Hate to say this but it looks to me like a piece of the backcap bumper that broke off.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 PM #16
yomomma7826

Some kind of black crap. It was bendy, but didn't feel like an o-ring. I took that little "trash" out. I also looked at the orings and the back caps and it looks like theres no damage. And sorry I'm not quoting stuff, I'm on my phone, and it doesnt cooperate with me.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 PM #17
yomomma7826

Oh, and it seems to work fine. But that was with less than one thousand psi. I'm going to fill it up tonight and see if it works fully. Thank you! You guys sure have a great community here, I shall definitely keep coming here.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:36 PM #18
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Some kind of black crap. It was bendy, but didn't feel like an o-ring. I took that little "trash" out. I also looked at the orings and the back caps and it looks like theres no damage. And sorry I'm not quoting stuff, I'm on my phone, and it doesnt cooperate with me.
No sweat on the quoting thing....I'm following . I wouldn't have thought buna would hold that curve shape like that either so I'm not surprised it doesn't feel like o-ring material. Make sure to check over really well those two bompers I mentioned above. Make sure they are completely intact and in place.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:48 PM #19
marcusgar21

if you want to get more efficiency. get an LP reg, if you have an adjustable one then make it Low Pressure.
Shoot that marker like you stole it man.. break in the orings. Also, TechT GunSav works great in DP markers.

YETIPB.com
For Custom Delrin Triggers PM Me...

Sponsored by: DP, CP, TechT, ANSGear.com
marcusgar21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:23 AM #20
yomomma7826

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm loving the help and welcome feeling! I ended up only shooting a thousand today, going to empty out the other thousand in the morning before school, and possibly pick up some more paint tomorrow to break it in a bit more. I'll let you guys know what I get out of the 90/4500 tomorrow.

Anyone recommend a good tank size for speedball? Like average? This 90 shall be my woodsball+remoteline tank haha
Old 02-14-2013, 07:47 AM #21
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Rancid1845 is playing at Living Legends VI
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D5 division
Rancid1845 supports Empire
Rule 1 with any brand new DP gun you buy is you tare-down the entire marker and remove ALL factory lube. Re-lube with your lube of choice (I prefer Lurker myself) and reassemble.

T2 TOPGUN UNION
TOPGUN HOSTILE TAKEOVER
If it Shoots its "the ****"
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote