Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 PM #22
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Having had a vice, clone, g6r and more I can honestly tell you the vice is the best cost to performance gun I think I've ever shot. So fantastic.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 PM #23
dom088

I've been talking with my cousin who's sponsored by macdev. He's leading me towards that since they are more reliable and easier to maintain than DM's
dom088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 PM #24
tlmiller

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
I'm not sure what to say about the sound other than a well maintained clone is one of the quietest guns I've ever seen (a boss/eigenbolted mini may win though). The DM9 is absolutely fantastic and if you like the UL frame then it has superb ergonomics. I'd be on the fence about this because I've owned probably 30+ DMs and only 1 clone and a droid.
OH, not saying the DM is quieter, I just like the sound it makes when it cycles better. Kinda unique. Just like I love the sound of a slide frame mech cocker, the psshhhh-chunk-clap is just awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom088 View Post
I've been talking with my cousin who's sponsored by macdev. He's leading me towards that since they are more reliable and easier to maintain than DM's
More reliable = BS. Both markers will be as reliable as you are in maintaining them. You ignore a MD marker, and it'll have issues. By the same note, you properly maintain a Dye marker, and it will serve you faithfully for years.

Easier to maintain I disagree with to an extent. I have a vx'd v2, and it's not really any easier than my DM. Sure, you don't have to the LPR, but then, the DM LPR only needs to be relubed every YEAR unless you're doing 10 case a week practices.

While if buying new I'd take a GT over a DM13, those reasons are totally false.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.

Last edited by tlmiller : 02-18-2013 at 07:40 PM.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 PM #25
blueshifty

Yeah DMs do have a nice sound but as long as it's quiet the signature doesn't matter a lot to me. I also agree that it's bs that MacDev is more reliable unless you're comparing a drone to a DM then the fewer orings would be the reason (but the DM line outperforms the drone by a long shot IMO).
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 AM #26
dom088

So many decisions and things to look at. I hear people complain about the DM's (no oled and sloppy trigger). And I don't hear any complaints about the clones.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM #27
blueshifty

Quote:
And I don't hear any complaints about the clones.
Then you're not looking. The V1s shredded orings, the OLED screen is known to dim and fail ~$30 replacement (type B board is better), the grips are hard and wear fast, the stock trigger sucks a donkey wang, they are sensitive to oring fitment and pressure, the VX reg bottomworks can strip and adjustments are extremely sensitive, etc. I had no issues with my clone, but no gun has ever or will ever be perfect.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:45 PM #28
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Between those two, id go with the clone.

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 PM #29
dom088

thats true.

but now im looking at getting off of my wallet and trying to get a luxe 1.5-2.0 for around the 900 mark.
better choice?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:24 PM #30
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
thats true.

but now im looking at getting off of my wallet and trying to get a luxe 1.5-2.0 for around the 900 mark.
better choice?
If you want a Luxe (feel and shoot one first, the ergonomics are either hated or loved) I would recommend picking up a used 1.0 with 2.0 upgrades (or a pooty core) which can be found for cheaper than $900.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:50 PM #31
blueshifty

Personally, I'd still take a clone over a luxe.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:15 PM #32
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Personally, I'd still take a clone over a luxe.

Performance over style every time.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:28 PM #33
Harribo

I have had several DM's in the past, and if i had to choose i would go with the Clone. I gotta admit though,the DM11+ Frame is much more comfortable then the Clones. Other then that the Clone wins in every aspect (my opinion).

Regarding the cold weather shooting with DM's, if you have problems you'd just up the LPR a bit and it will shoot good again no matter the weather.

After owning many DM's, i think they are very finicky markers compared to clones (i take good care of my markers), and i just plainly hate the Eyepipe wich is a preference thing. Clone ftw!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 PM #34
dom088

Really.
And clones are better than luxes?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:25 AM #35
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
They are all pretty close. It's not like one is significantly better or worse than another. They all have their quirks, some may be more or less important to you. If efficiency is important then the clone would be my go to. If shot quality was key, maybe the DM. For a mix of both I think the clone still wins. I'd go used either way. A used dm10 is dirt cheap now, something you should be able to trade straight across on with the g6r.

What are you trying to improve on from the g6r? Just a change of pace or is there something you don't like about the g6r. With the LP poppet you get fairly close to the shot quality of a spool while still having decent efficiency.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 AM #36
blueshifty

I went from a G6R to a clone because I wanted an enclosed bolt gun. Not sure why it's such a big deal to me, but it is... I've gotta say though that the clone is only a tiny bit quieter and negligibly smoother than the G6R with an LP poppet. G6Rs are pretty incredible little guns.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 AM #37
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
I went from a G6R to a clone because I wanted an enclosed bolt gun. Not sure why it's such a big deal to me, but it is... I've gotta say though that the clone is only a tiny bit quieter and negligibly smoother than the G6R with an LP poppet. G6Rs are pretty incredible little guns.
That is perfectly good reasoning. Even if it functionally isn't a huge change, there was desire for a different feature that the g6r doesn't offer. As long as there is a purpose for the switch I'm all for it.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 AM #38
dom088

I have a vice not a g6r
But i'm like blueshifty on this one. I love the clean look of a enclosed bolt. And I really want quietness and a great shooter with minimal to no kick.

I've read and luxes are a bit quieter than the DM's. which are quieter than the clones.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:03 PM #39
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I have a vice not a g6r
But i'm like blueshifty on this one. I love the clean look of a enclosed bolt. And I really want quietness and a great shooter with minimal to no kick.

I've read and luxes are a bit quieter than the DM's. which are quieter than the clones.
In my experience DMs are the least quiet and smooth out of those three, but who knows if the ones I got to shoot were well tuned.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM #40
blueshifty

Quote:
You got that out of order... The clone and luxe are hard to tell apart in terms of quietness and both of them are less than the DM (even well tuned). They all have a different signature but all are very quiet. As far as smoothness they're all close too. When comparing guns like these it's so close objectively that you'll just have to see which one you like best. Feel, board and efficiency would tip the scale to the clone for me.