Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 PM #1
mikerr
MLAT
 
mikerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Midwest
mikerr plays in the PSP
mikerr owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mikerr plays in the APPA D1 division
problems with new boss bolt

i just put the boss bolt in my new axe and i have the medium spring in and the dell is set a 4.5 ms , i also have the velocity cap all the way in then 1.5 turns out, i have the operating pressure at 160, but my gun is shooting very inconsistent, is shooting like 275 280 260 303 270 295, i noticed the springs dont click into the bolt, just wondering why the gun is shooting so inconsistent and what i can do to help that
__________________
INFAMOUS D1
DISTORTION
WARPED
CLP
CPX
mikerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2013, 08:04 PM #2
Bump_Pitch
 
 
Bump_Pitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Carolina
Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerr View Post
i just put the boss bolt in my new axe and i have the medium spring in and the dell is set a 4.5 ms , i also have the velocity cap all the way in then 1.5 turns out, i have the operating pressure at 160, but my gun is shooting very inconsistent, is shooting like 275 280 260 303 270 295, i noticed the springs dont click into the bolt, just wondering why the gun is shooting so inconsistent and what i can do to help that
This was also happening with my infamous bolt, I'm wondering if it needs time to break in or something
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:06 PM #3
mikerr
MLAT
 
mikerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Midwest
mikerr plays in the PSP
mikerr owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mikerr plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump_Pitch View Post
This was also happening with my infamous bolt, I'm wondering if it needs time to break in or something
yeah im hoping thats what it is im afraid its cuz the springs dont click into the bolt, im a tech at warped and noticed when kids put the spring in wrong in a mini or axe it will shoot super inconsistent i hope thats not the case here
__________________
INFAMOUS D1
DISTORTION
WARPED
CLP
CPX
mikerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:11 PM #4
Bump_Pitch
 
 
Bump_Pitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Carolina
Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerr View Post

yeah im hoping thats what it is im afraid its cuz the springs dont click into the bolt, im a tech at warped and noticed when kids put the spring in wrong in a mini or axe it will shoot super inconsistent i hope thats not the case here
Nah, by my understanding the spring does not click on the boss/infamous bolt
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:14 PM #5
Koa012591
 
 
Koa012591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
same with mine idk mayne im setting it wrong there really isnt any guideance on how its installed. just settings. im sure boss will get on this fourm here soon
__________________
ORLANDO DOOM
R.I.P. Rob Kerr 2/1/91 - 3/15/10
Koa012591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 PM #6
Bump_Pitch
 
 
Bump_Pitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Carolina
Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If its a common issue, I'm sure it's something minor.
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:32 PM #7
Pson
 
 
Pson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Pson has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pson has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa012591 View Post
same with mine idk mayne im setting it wrong there really isnt any guideance on how its installed. just settings. im sure boss will get on this fourm here soon
Boss has a whole thread on it.....
Pson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 PM #8
TheBoss33
 
 
TheBoss33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Waterloo, NY
TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Mike, copy the pm I sent you and post it here.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:46 PM #9
Slo poke
 
 
Slo poke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hot Azz AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33 View Post
Mike, copy the pm I sent you and post it here.
Waiting Mike.

Hey Boss can you PM me the info you sent Mike?
Slo poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:49 PM #10
Bump_Pitch
 
 
Bump_Pitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Carolina
Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo poke View Post

Waiting Mike.

Hey Boss can you PM me the info you sent Mike?
Me too please
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:26 PM #11
Bluedun
Ballin' since 1988
 
Bluedun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Michigan
Hey guys, just wondering......have you tried the light/ short spring? I just installed that in my Mini and it improved consistancy, I also put some oil through the asa/reg. Just a thought that might help.
__________________
Home field: TC Paintball Grand Rapids
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FIELD/STORE.....OR YOU WON'T HAVE ONE
Bluedun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:32 PM #12
d3kelley
~The Ginger~
 
d3kelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Quincy, MA
d3kelley plays in the APPA D5 division
i dont want to speak for boss since he made this wonderful product but you should check the fit of the bolt on the bolt guide. if it's too loose, that can cause inconsistency. you definately want to underbore your paint as well, try a smaller barrel than the paint you are shooting. also check to see where your guage rests when the marker is degassed. it's not on zero then you need to compensate when you air up the gun

boss makes a great bolt and i'm sure he can help all you guys out
__________________
Hello Nasty #6 (Foxball Minors)
Check us out @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hello...074645?fref=ts

Bob Long G6R, deadlywinds barrel kit, Rotor, Ninja SLP 50/4500
d3kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:20 PM #13
TheBoss33
 
 
TheBoss33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Waterloo, NY
TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Here is the copy of what I sent Mike.

Make sure you take your poppet out wipe it down good and re-lube it with Sleek, don't get lube on the poppet face. Make sure you under bore with your barrel. Let me know how it goes.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump