Old 02-13-2013, 05:16 PM #1
thepaintballkidd
Fluffy Ninja

thepaintballkidd supports Team VICIOUS
thepaintballkidd plays in the APPA beginner division
thepaintballkidd supports DLX Technology
thepaintballkidd supports Empire
How to become a ref?

So I am in need of a job and thought this could be a good option. I just need to know if fields require some sort of certification or classes or anything like that. Also what can I expect when becoming a ref or if I am a ref.
thepaintballkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 PM #2
joker12187
Axis

joker12187 plays in the PSP
joker12187 plays in the MiLP
joker12187 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
joker12187 plays in the APPA D4 division
i would go to the fields around, and see if they pay their refs, or just exchange ref days for days of play..some fields pay, some exchange days...then with the ones that pay, see how many days/hours youd be working...then figure the rest out with them, and what they require, etc...

2013 Axis Red - MiLP D5 Race to 2 - 3rd Overall in Series
2013 Downfall - World Cup D5 Race to 2 - 7th Place
2014 Axis - MiLP D4 Race to 4 - 3rd Overall in Series

Brand Rep for United Clothing Company - Use Code "Curtis40" for 40% off ANY purchase of Tee shirts or Tank tops!
middletennesseepaintball.com
joker12187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:56 PM #3
p8ntballer4life189
livin large

Social skills are a good tool to have when dealing with groups of players. Some play paintball all the time, and some have never experienced it. Being a paintball reff is different from any other reff in different sports, safety is always #1 (keeping your goggles on/applying a barrel sock when necessary) and calling players out/reffing the game is #2. Taking a few random paintballs to the body on a daily basis also comes with the job. A lot of people show up at a paintball field not knowing what to expect so they look to you for guidance. Many players are overwhelmed during their first game and shoot at everything that moves. Your job would be to explain game rules, get the players to understand why safety (goggles/barrel socks) are so important, and make sure they have a fun and safe day of paintball.

A well behaved group that listens to your instructions will yield a great reffing experience. A group that does not listen to your rules may case for a rough day of arguments and a stressful environment.

Being friendly with a group is always a plus, but you need to know when to show authority and get them moving. As long as you understand safety responsibilities (if anything bad happens, it's on you) then reffing is, in my opinion, a great job.
WILKES#4
Animosity

www.thepaintballasylum.com
-Great recreational paintball in the heart of the Poconos (Pennsylvania)

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=833240
-feedback
p8ntballer4life189 is offline   Reply With Quote