PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-13-2013, 04:12 PM #1
g3 master
Aaron Knaus

Invasion VS Etek 4

might not be getting much back on the tax return -_- so looking between those two. just looking for anyones opinion one these two ,unless any one has any other suggestions please feel free to make your input.
g3 master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2013, 06:28 PM #2
dumdum597

etek

i suggest getting an etek 4. It is extremely reliable and being a planet eclipse made marker you will find no shortage of parts and help if something does go wrong. i personally own an etek 4 and it works great. You can take out the bolt just by pulling it up and out with your hand so if you break a ball you can very easily clean it in seconds. i have not had a single problem with mine and i think it is the better choice.
dumdum597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 PM #3
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3 master View Post
might not be getting much back on the tax return -_- so looking between those two. just looking for anyones opinion one these two ,unless any one has any other suggestions please feel free to make your input.
The Invasion will be much smoother than the Etek but Eclipse will have much more widespread support and parts.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 PM #4
TS4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum597 View Post
i suggest getting an etek 4. It is extremely reliable and being a planet eclipse made marker you will find no shortage of parts and help if something does go wrong. i personally own an etek 4 and it works great. You can take out the bolt just by pulling it up and out with your hand so if you break a ball you can very easily clean it in seconds. i have not had a single problem with mine and i think it is the better choice.
All modern poppets have the bolt removed like that... Bad reason to choose Etek over alien especially if u haven't used an alien there is no sense in u picking that way. I am in the market for a new poppet though and want some more opinions from people who've owned and shot the new invasion.
TS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM #5
g3 master
Aaron Knaus

So pretty much the invasion performs better bit etek would be smater choice do to parts and support.
g3 master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM #6
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS4life View Post
All modern poppets have the bolt removed like that... Bad reason to choose Etek over alien especially if u haven't used an alien there is no sense in u picking that way. I am in the market for a new poppet though and want some more opinions from people who've owned and shot the new invasion.
I have not shot the INVASION, but when I had a chance to play with the Independence it shot extremely smooth for a stacked tube poppet. Not quite as nice as a Vice or G6R, but better than *almost* every Ego I've shot.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM #7
itsjonbro
Bring Me Violence

itsjonbro is playing at Living Legends VI
itsjonbro owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
itsjonbro supports Team VICIOUS
itsjonbro supports DLX Technology
Personally I'd say the Etek 4 as I own one & it's an amazing shooter, Yes fairly loud tho. Haven't had the chance to shoot an invasion tho, Best of luck with your choice!

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Isjonbro.jpg
itsjonbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:46 PM #8
dumdum597

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjonbro View Post
Personally I'd say the Etek 4 as I own one & it's an amazing shooter, Yes fairly loud tho. Haven't had the chance to shoot an invasion tho, Best of luck with your choice!
yes the etek is loud but i have a hush bolt on mine and it helps it shoots a little smoother and help the sound.
dumdum597 is offline   Reply With Quote