Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 11:30 AM #22
Ford
☻♦♣b
 
Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Austin 49
Ford is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
What has she done as a person to help others or society as a whole that deserves more recognition than his two other guests who put themselves in harms way to save others, actual heros? Why should ones skin color gain more respect than another persons character and actions?
You got me to google. Thanks.

The vast majority of Americans will never be placed in a situation to save a life, and those who do more often than not, do the right thing to help their fellow Americans. These people deserve accolades, no doubt. Ms. Victor represents something much more important that EVERY AMERICAN has the OPPORTUNITY, and some would say DUTY which is neglected BY THE MAJORITY of Americans, and that is to simply VOTE.

The woman was not deterred by long lines, hot weather, or polling workers trying to tell her to come back later. I have friends who won't vote if their Tivo is full and their shows come on after work.

Ms. Victor symbolizes the importance of a civic duty often neglected which needs attention and our reverence. Placing her in the Box with Michele transcends the risk/reward of heroic acts and speaks to the more basic building block of what makes ANY hero in the first place, which is doing your civic duty.

So there you go. What I assumed was a black lady from the south getting some kind of accolade for her life's struggle is a haitian-american immigrant who can't even speak english struggling to vote. I would still say that If you're black and 102 and lived to see an unjust society in america try to rehabilitate itself which during this time you didn't grow up to hate every white person you see, you're doing better than I would have and deserve a place in the box.
__________________
"Originally posted by Bronk0
Everyone put something in your sig about it...

like PORN THREAD 10/24/04: I was there.
"

Last edited by Ford : 02-13-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2013, 12:02 PM #23
frankie says chillax
...bro
 
frankie says chillax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
right-wingers bringing up race again....
__________________
"Originally posted by blueshifty:
Also, eclipse only makes mid-range guns they just charge a premium for them."

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:17 PM #24
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
You got me to google. Thanks.

The vast majority of Americans will never be placed in a situation to save a life, and those who do more often than not, do the right thing to help their fellow Americans. These people deserve accolades, no doubt. Ms. Victor represents something much more important that EVERY AMERICAN has the OPPORTUNITY, and some would say DUTY which is neglected BY THE MAJORITY of Americans, and that is to simply VOTE.

The woman was not deterred by long lines, hot weather, or polling workers trying to tell her to come back later. I have friends who won't vote if their Tivo is full and their shows come on after work.

Ms. Victor symbolizes the importance of a civic duty often neglected which needs attention and our reverence. Placing her in the Box with Michele transcends the risk/reward of heroic acts and speaks to the more basic building block of what makes ANY hero in the first place, which is doing your civic duty.

So there you go. What I assumed was a black lady from the south getting some kind of accolade for her life's struggle is a haitian-american immigrant who can't even speak english struggling to vote. I would still say that If you're black and 102 and lived to see an unjust society in america try to rehabilitate itself which during this time you didn't grow up to hate every white person you see, you're doing better than I would have and deserve a place in the box.
I agree she deserves some recognition but not in the ballpark of the other two, let alone more, just because she grew up in the early 90's and doesn't hate white people. Almost everyone from that generation went through hell in some way, and i give props to everyone from then, they put my generation to shame. But the other two are the definition of heros in my book, which I find more valuable.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 PM #25
Ford
☻♦♣b
 
Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Austin 49
Ford is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
I agree she deserves some recognition but not in the ballpark of the other two, let alone more, just because she grew up in the early 90's and doesn't hate white people. Almost everyone from that generation went through hell in some way, and i give props to everyone from then, they put my generation to shame. But the other two are the definition of heros in my book, which I find more valuable.
I understand why you think the other two are more valuable, and I think it speaks to why voter turnout is as low as it is. People do not believe it's that important.
__________________
"Originally posted by Bronk0
Everyone put something in your sig about it...

like PORN THREAD 10/24/04: I was there.
"
Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:49 PM #26
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
I understand why you think the other two are more valuable, and I think it speaks to why voter turnout is as low as it is. People do not believe it's that important.
I get what you're saying. **** even I almost didn't vote because I was still registered where my parents live and not my college town, had to do an absentee ballot.

but also I think a bigger reason why voter turnout is low is because of the electoral college, unless you live in certain counties in swing states it doesn't seem important. I honestly wouldn't bother voting republican in like NY or democrat in Alabama because of it for example. That's a total separate issue tho.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 PM #27
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post

Again though, this is a ridiculous critique of the address, so I don't know why I'm still letting you troll me into continuing..
Making a point isn't trolling. Your comment that black women had it harder than white women may stand, but his point is perfectly fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Didn't learn from the last time you posted that crap?
Another completely lacking of substance post by yourself. Bravo, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
His part on gun control was pure emotion. Bringing in that girls parents and a Sandy Hook teacher. Using them as pawns for his agenda. All his other points in his speech had decent facts with them. The only thing close to "facts" he said was something like, "since Sandy hook, 200 birthdays blah blah blah wont be had because of gun violence."

Mr. President, how many of those deaths were those "weapons of war" (he actually said that term, lol)?
At this point, Obama is just spoonfeeding people bull**** - he doesn't even believe himself, and does the opposite of what he suggests. Guantanamo Bay still being open is the ultimate ROFL from his 1st term. He is perfectly content seeing weapons go into Mexico and over to the Middle East, but he (and Biden and Feinstein, moreso than him) do not want you to have guns. But people can to protect their kids - their kids are more valuable than our kids.

Quote:
How many of those deaths were in heavily Democrat cities with heavy gun control laws?
Chicago has a ton of homocides (though Baltimore is well ahead of them). Carl wants tighter gun laws though. There are still homocides (with guns) in these liberal places. Those who can't obtain a gun, use another instrument. It's a noble idea that "if we take the guns, then we stop crime" except that it just isn't quite that simple. I'd ask F1Venom for his opinion on the matter, but he's adopted Carl's "one liner" model of posting, and hasn't posted something of substance in like 6 months now.
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:17 PM #28
toolbandfan
The dude abides
 
toolbandfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
I'm also against raising minimum wage to $9 an hour. The only people who are likely getting minimum wage now are high school students, young people with no previous work and absolutely no skills that set them apart, ex cons, or people who could somehow find no other work that would pay better. If you raise the minimum wage, there will likely be less work for these people. You can try to continue to increase productivity, but there is a limit to that benefit.

Hell, I'm doing menial work right now and while the pay sucks, it's still not that close to minimum wage.
__________________
MY FEEDBACK!
toolbandfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 PM #29
rT159
BlackOps
 
rT159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shadows of Darkness
 has been a member for 10 years
Minimum wage should be at a level that corresponds with the location of the job. Setting a standard across the board won't work. $9 in AZ is a decent paying job. $9 in New York won't get you anything.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:47 PM #30
toolbandfan
The dude abides
 
toolbandfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
It usually adjusts for the area anyways, regardless of federal minimum wage requirements.

I'm in Phoenix, I only get paid $11 an hour, but I'm not doing anything that requires any amount of technical knowledge, just that you work very quickly. But it's definitely a good amount more than $7.80 an hour.

Actually, not even sure why I'm doing this even. I'm pretty sure I have better options.
__________________
MY FEEDBACK!
toolbandfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:54 PM #31
Seahawk6060
 
 
Seahawk6060's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
What adversity have white people faced in the last American century?
Ever heard of WWI, the Great Depression, and WWII? You surprise me with your childlike view of the world. This is what liberalism does to normally smart people. It simplifies the world in such a way that the world seems so superficial. In classic Marxist reductionist thinking - the world can be divided between the exploited and exploiters, the bourgeois and proletariat. I know you probably didn't really mean what you said, but I'd just caution you that thinking in such simplified terms doesn't reflect very well on a person who seeks the truth and values honesty.

Seahawk6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:56 PM #32
Seahawk6060
 
 
Seahawk6060's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
This isn't entirely inclusive, but here are some of the highlights with some commentary:

-Getting rid of tax loopholes.....okay
-Comprehensive tax reform that encourages job creation and helps bring down the deficit.....translates to tax the rich and "we don't have a spending problem."
-Fund an Energy Security Trust.....another "green" program.
-Fix-It-First program (infrastructure program).....a jobs program to help the unemployment numbers.
-New "investments" in science and innovation......remember the $500 million the taxpayers lost on Solyndra?
-Investing in high-quality early education (govt funding of preschool).....we pay for other people's daycare.
-Tax credits to businesses that hire and invest.....okay

Oh and none of this will add "a single dime" to the deficit. Didn't we hear that about Obamacare too? Basically, it's Obama at his most prosaic, promising free stuff to his base and trying to sound like he's a friend to business.
Seahawk6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:50 PM #33
frankie says chillax
...bro
 
frankie says chillax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk6060 View Post
This isn't entirely inclusive, but here are some of the highlights with some commentary:

-Getting rid of tax loopholes.....okay
-Comprehensive tax reform that encourages job creation and helps bring down the deficit.....translates to tax the rich and "we don't have a spending problem."
-Fund an Energy Security Trust.....another "green" program.
-Fix-It-First program (infrastructure program).....a jobs program to help the unemployment numbers.
-New "investments" in science and innovation......remember the $500 million the taxpayers lost on Solyndra?
-Investing in high-quality early education (govt funding of preschool).....we pay for other people's daycare.
-Tax credits to businesses that hire and invest.....okay

Oh and none of this will add "a single dime" to the deficit. Didn't we hear that about Obamacare too? Basically, it's Obama at his most prosaic, promising free stuff to his base and trying to sound like he's a friend to business.
you surprise me with your child-like view of the world.

bolded line was the funniest. do you not notice the ****ty old roads, bridges, etc. across this country?
__________________
"Originally posted by blueshifty:
Also, eclipse only makes mid-range guns they just charge a premium for them."

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:05 AM #34
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Whoa, WW1 & 2 and The Great Depression only involved white people?
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:31 AM #35
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
I thought alot of infrastructure was state and locally funded?
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:21 PM #36
Seahawk6060
 
 
Seahawk6060's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie says chillax View Post
you surprise me with your child-like view of the world.

bolded line was the funniest. do you not notice the ****ty old roads, bridges, etc. across this country?
As tsbair points out, most of it is the appropriate state's responsibility. I'm not opposed to rational federal spending on infrastructure, but I'm not sure why I have to pay for the Big Dig or California's high-speed rail.

It may have skipped your notice, we're borrowing 46 cents of every dollar spent. Perhaps in your infantile mind that translates into spending more, but it seems a reasonable adult would favor restraint and fiscal discipline when our deficit and debt are running at all-time highs.
Seahawk6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:38 PM #37
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Whoa, WW1 & 2 and The Great Depression only involved white people?
In his warped repubtard worldview it did, I guess. To his credit though, white people have also been through hurricanes, earth quakes, 9/11, and Miley Cyrus. Black people just wouldn't understand..
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump