PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM #1
bloodbuch

bloodbuch owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Rotor or Prophecy z2?

I know this question is asked a lot but if you could give me some honest opinions that would be great.
bloodbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2013, 10:24 AM #2
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

I prefer the rotor. With the tension screw properly adjusted I have never had a jam and it is tremendous on battery life and simplicity. I really like them.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:19 AM #3
_kj_21_

Rotor feeds faster and has better colors but z2 un-jams by itself so you don't have as many jams. Its just really just personal preference
_kj_21_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:03 PM #4
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Rotor. Built better, easier maintenance, very good battery life, and just overall simple.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:58 PM #5
bloodbuch

thank you guys so much for the help!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:18 PM #6
xmagman
MacDev Militia

has been a member for 10 years
xmagman supports Team VICIOUS
xmagman is for the Gunfight
xmagman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've had a Z2 for over a year now and I love it. No issues at all, feeds very consistently and is more than fast enough to keep up with any marker. It unjams itself in the unlikely event that a jam occurs. As far as battery life goes...Ive been using the same set of Energizer Lithium batteries since April of last year and they are still going strong. Maintenance (what little maintenance there is on a loader) is easy. Just remove the front shell and wipe out the loader.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

Ryukyu Kings Paintball Team
xmagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:27 PM #7
bloodbuch

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:24 AM #8
Roninwarrior7

I think performance wise they're too close to call. You can get '12 Rotors cheaper and they have amazing battery life.
Roninwarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:39 AM #9
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Hands down the Rotor. When the Z2 came out, a local player got shot in his speed feed and the board got taken out. Last weekend, my teammate got shot in the loader and the front nose cone fell off. Other then cheap paint swelling in my Rotor and causing it to jam, I have never had an issue with the Rotor since I have owned it. I also run the Energizer Lithium's and highly recommend them.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 AM #10
bloodbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Hands down the Rotor. When the Z2 came out, a local player got shot in his speed feed and the board got taken out. Last weekend, my teammate got shot in the loader and the front nose cone fell off. Other then cheap paint swelling in my Rotor and causing it to jam, I have never had an issue with the Rotor since I have owned it. I also run the Energizer Lithium's and highly recommend them.
I had no idea that there were that many issues with the z2. Thanks for the info!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 AM #11
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES
That one guy

The rotor is built a bit tougher, but if you plan on using anything but the highest quality paint expect to have jams. So, if your field is FPO(field paint only) then the Z2 is the better option. Kee's customer service, from what I hear, is bar none the best in the business; so if you have a problem with the Z2 Kee will most likely replace or fix your loader.

However, WARLORD's account is the first time I've ever heard of the Z2 falling apart.
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:11 AM #12
Swamphawk

I've had my Rotor since they hit the market.I can't tell you if it's better than the Z2 because it has worked flawlessly from day 1.
Swamphawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 AM #13
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamphawk View Post
I've had my Rotor since they hit the market.I can't tell you if it's better than the Z2 because it has worked flawlessly from day 1.
Most hoppers work flawlessly from day 1. Most hoppers feed faster than you could ever hope to shoot.
Now, the finer points of hoppers are what are being examined. The balance, the rigidity, the ergonomics, battery life, and ease of maintenance.
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 AM #14
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

The only thing the Rotor has over the Z2 is the ease of disassembly/cleaning. That's it. The Rotor is heavier and jams more frequently than the Z2, but it is a breeze to clean and very simple to take apart.

You could argue that the weight of the Rotor leads to better durability, but I believe that the amount of flex in the Z2's shell will prevent any catastrophic failures like cracking or snapping with a hard impact.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 02-23-2013 at 11:55 AM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 PM #15
Harribo

The rotor is noticeable heavier then the Z2. With that said, the reason the Rotor jams more then other loaders is probably because stock it got alot of tension.

As blueshifty pointet out, if you get the tension screw properly adjusted it will not jam on you, and still feed fast.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:26 PM #16
Swamphawk

Quote:
finer points of hoppers are what are being examined. The balance, the rigidity, the ergonomics, battery life, and ease of maintenance.
correct sir...
I've never had any issue whatsoever with anything you've mentioned...so like I said,,,it's worked flawlessly
Swamphawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:27 PM #17
InZaneO

I really like my Z2 they are both awesome I just like the way the z2 looks
InZaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 AM #18
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by UR A DEAD MAN APPLES View Post
However, WARLORD's account is the first time I've ever heard of the Z2 falling apart.
It's not the first time it's happened, I read about this happening when they were released. I didn't actually see it until last weekend. With the button to take it apart on the top and bottom of each other, hitting the top button with enough force will cause the front cone to loosen and come apart.

Yes the Z2 is light, it's lower profile then the rotor, and it has awesome customer service behind it, but what good is all that if it's your primary loader and it's in the shop when you need it most ? The weight difference isn't that much nor is the height, if it's to tall (get a Low rise feedneck).

Options wise, the Rotor has been around longer, so it has more options to personalize it, and the shark feed is twice as fast as the rip feed when using the anti-jam feature.

I am on an Empire Sponsored Team and get crap all the time for using a Rotor, but this is what I like and since my sponsor aint paying for my loader
guess what ?
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote