PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM #1
di2ty
Bacon

Where to bring your sig other to PB in NJ

Hey guys, I played for 5 years up until around 2001. I was young and some friends went on with life so I was forced to stop playing since I wasn't old enough to drive.

Anyway im now out of college and bored of the daily grind and want to get back into it and possibly compete. I am glad to see the progression of the sport and would love to bring my girlfriend along to try it out as well being that all my friends are busy or have excuses!

Back in the day I played at skirmish and fireball outdoors because that was basically all that was available to me at the time for the most part. I do remember going to fireball and getting destroyed by older guys on an ego trip and it ruined my day by simple making it not fun even though I was pretty good (in my humble opinion) at the sport. My girlfriend is a little hesitant to try it because it comes off as a guy activity. Anyway, I would hate to go somewhere too advanced for her and have her shy away from it in the future because of a similar situation that I encountered at fireball back in the day. Any suggestions on a fun amateur place or possibly when is the best time to go? Also I'd like to bring her somewhere that has a semi-decent rental as well if possible.

She lives 5 minutes from allstar in spotswood and located right off gsp 135 (clark/westfield)
di2ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2013, 01:35 PM #2
ilikegunz

first things first. you guys need guns and setups. hoppers, air tanks, masks, guns. What kind of budget do you have? aren't you going to buy any gear?

and try pasintball authority or better yet, longlive paintball, on a saturday. they are noth fifteen from allstar

"Please keep your arms and legs inside the field at all times. Failure to cooperate with these instructions may result in injury,death, or worse, ejection from the field."
ilikegunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM #3
di2ty
Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikegunz View Post
first things first. you guys need guns and setups. hoppers, air tanks, masks, guns. What kind of budget do you have? aren't you going to buy any gear?

and try pasintball authority or better yet, longlive paintball, on a saturday. they are noth fifteen from allstar
I will definitely have gear, I refuse to play without it. However she will not unless she enjoys it and decides to continue on with the sport!
di2ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:34 PM #4
jdminspire

jdminspire is playing at Living Legends VI
jdminspire supports Team VICIOUS
jdminspire supports Team VICIOUS
go to longlive paintball
jdminspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:58 PM #5
windebank9
what is it to you?

windebank9 is playing at Living Legends VI
windebank9 supports Team VICIOUS
windebank9 supports Team VICIOUS
If you'd rather have a low competetion on some woods fields or indoor/out door speedball go to invasion in Winslow. Lots of scrubs from what i remember
Old 02-13-2013, 12:10 AM #6
MarkeyMark
*#732*#

Annual Supporting Member
MarkeyMark is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
MarkeyMark has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MarkeyMark has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MarkeyMark supports DLX Technology
Top Gun and LLP are good places to play for the rookies. Top gun was where I got my start. I dont know if empire or one of the manufactures still do it but I remember you used to be able to get a "rookie pass" which I think it was a coupon for a local field. So you could even hook your girl friend up with that, its a nice deal for first timers.

http://empirepaintball.com/free-paintball-rookie-pass/

**VAPOR VENDETTA**
:DODGY: ARMY SUPPORT
HOSTILE TAKEOVER/TOP GUN TEMPO
MURDER INC. PAINTBALL NJ *RIP*
OLD FeedBack (+13/-0):http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=464631
MarkeyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:13 AM #7
Mestupmidget

Mestupmidget owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Long live has taken over fireball and made it 10X better. They also moved a few houses down the street. I suggest going there, they have 2 fields, speedball and a pretty big wooden bunker type of field. Plenty of new players go there and the majority of the teams that play there don't like to beat up new players. Also, look into top gun, tons of new people and a ton of fields. I didn't like it cause you can't choose where you play. Also, it's extremely expensive. Paintball Authority is great with new players, it's just hit or mias if you get a decent turnout or not. All star is really nice since the renovation but i would never suggest it to a new person unless you have a big group or you'll get thrown in with a bunch of tourny players.
Mestupmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:44 PM #8
wckeep

Top gun is the best field hands down. The staff there caters to make sure all players, new and veterans, have the best possible time
(732)339- 0820
topgunpaintball.com
myspace.com/impactpball
myspace.com/bubbleboyphotography
wckeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 PM #9
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
TopGun has the best Recball fields in New Jersey, hands down.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups