Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 AM #1
o0WicKeT0o

Question Ego7 w/ Halo&09 Tank or Ego8 w/ Prophecy&03 Tank?

Im looking at buying either an Ego7 with Ninja 68cu birth: 10-09, Halo hopper, CP Shorty Regulator and Cure 3 bolt for around $420. Or an Ego8 stock with Empire Prophecy hopper, and Ninja 68cu birth: 02-03 last Hydro: 03-10 for around $315. Both Markers are in excellent condition.

So the obvious conclusion is that the Ego8 is the slightly better marker and the Prophecy is the better hopper, especially for a lower price. However the Tank that comes with it is 2 years into its Hydro and roughly 5 left on its life. Either way I was planning on buying a 50cu stubby tank. So I would look to sell which ever tank I got from buying the marker. I feel I could sell the newer tank for a decent amount. I'm just concerned there would be little interest in the older tank leaving me stuck with it. At which point, after buying the 50cu tank, I'd be spending the same amount of money I was saving. And if I could find someone to buy it how much could I really get for it? So which would you go for? Do you think I'd be able to sell the older tank? If so for how much?

Thanks for you help. ;]

Last edited by o0WicKeT0o : 02-12-2013 at 10:39 AM.
o0WicKeT0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 AM #2
Bobtheballer
wanabe gunwhore

Bobtheballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Unless that Ego8 is completely beat, which you said it isn't, it's a lot better buy. Normally 08's go for almost $400 by themselves. The CP reg on the 07 does nothing for it's performance and I think they look ugly, the bolt also in my opinion isn't really worth any extra to me. I highly doubt there would be any noticeable performance difference. The 08's are still known as one of the best Ego platforms released to.

The birthdate of tank doesn't really matter that much since it's been rehydro'd and actually has more time on the hydro than the other tank. I haven't had a 68 tank in forever but I believe the last one I sold went for $90

Go with the 08, even if you don't end up able to sell the tank the money you save over the 07 should pay for the 50ci tank anyways and you end up with a slightly better gun and much better hopper.
Bobtheballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 AM #3
Sirriko
WAKA WAKA

Annual Supporting Member
Sirriko is playing at Living Legends VI
Sirriko owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sirriko supports Team VICIOUS
Sirriko supports Team VICIOUS
Sirriko posts videos on PbNation
Sirriko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes if your planning on buying a new tank anyways, I'd go with the Ego 08. Just make sure you ask him the specs on each marker.

Canadian eh? Would you like a donut?
Sirriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:15 PM #4
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

yea, id go for the 08 and just get another tank later if need be. plus youd get a nicer hopper, and its the better deal.

i just picked up an 07 ego with cure3 that could have almost passed for new. came with the case, spare parts, and zick kit for $325 for example.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:13 PM #5
dps093
My position=Deadbox

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
I have an ego 08, and love the thing to death. Ego 08 for sure.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:30 PM #6
o0WicKeT0o

Let just say the Ego8 was $450-500 would it still be the better purchase?
o0WicKeT0o is offline   Reply With Quote