Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 PM #1
Miguel13

Extcy speedball peeps

How does the gun preform for you guys, I just played my first speedball game with the extcy and felt like I went trough my tank pretty fast. I have a 68/4500 crossfire tank and probably refilled every 3 games. I have qev and firebolt, dwel set at 20 and was playing with PSP firemode.
Miguel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2013, 01:37 AM #2
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel13 View Post
How does the gun preform for you guys, I just played my first speedball game with the extcy and felt like I went trough my tank pretty fast. I have a 68/4500 crossfire tank and probably refilled every 3 games. I have qev and firebolt, dwel set at 20 and was playing with PSP firemode.
Knowing how many games doesn't do us much good with judging your efficiency, we'd be better off knowing how many pods per tank.

I got a little less than 4 pods and a Rotor off of my G1 when it was stock and 5 pods and a rotor after the QEV and an L7 bolt, so I'd guess if you're getting 7-8 pods and a hopper off of your setup you're right around average. You may be able to bring your dwell down lower than you have it now, but probably not by much. Have you tried running at say, 17-18ms? Also, what bore size is your barrel and the paint you're shooting? An overbore will tend to be less efficient than a slight underbore or bore match.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 AM #3
Miguel13

Sorry yea it's about 7 pods per tank, I use a cp barrel size .689 and mostly shoot empire spectrum. Next week we have a game set up I'm gonna try setting the dwell a little lower and take note of how many pods, thanks for the help!
Miguel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:32 PM #4
cpuwhiz22

Definitely lower your dwell. I am pretty sure the recommended dwell in the manual for QEV is 17. With the bolt I'd say try to drop to maybe 15. I have the QEV, DW Hollow Point, and I'm running pretty well at 15. I went down to 13 and though it worked, the velocity was not very consistent. From what I am told, the best way to set dwell is to go down to 10 or so (low enough where it wont cycle), and then work your way up until it cycles and velocity is decently consistent.

You can also underbore to squeeze some more out of your tank.
cpuwhiz22 is offline   Reply With Quote