Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2013, 07:48 PM #22
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
So I learned sear pin wasis releasing and catching releasing late but now learned that the sear pin itself was engaging pre maturely so I will need to mill a larger spot in the hammer to allow the bolt to come back fully during the cycle without having to over cock the gun.
It's a pain in the butt midget is the problem mostly since so much was lost in spring travel.

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
PaulE2Cocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 PM #23
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

i fit ends up being too much of a pain i think sanchez makes a lower tube extender.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:40 PM #24
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
i fit ends up being too much of a pain i think sanchez makes a lower tube extender.
I would prefer to keep it as small as possible I think I will be able to if not i don't quit I fix

"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 PM #25
SilentBall55

I prefer a standard cocker length. My full size air chamber also allows for a lower operating pressure over a mini.

With a midget you are only going to shave off 1/2" from the back of the gun but the front is still what ever barrel length you stick on.

The other beef I have with my mini, since the vertical reg is integrated with the front air block, there is always some movement if I grip the vertical reg hard. On a standard body, the vert get get bolted onto the body instead.

My friend has a midget, and is always complaining about inconsistent velocity and has yet to find the right spring combo to solve it.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 PM #26
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
I prefer a standard cocker length. My full size air chamber also allows for a lower operating pressure over a mini.

With a midget you are only going to shave off 1/2" from the back of the gun but the front is still what ever barrel length you stick on.

The other beef I have with my mini, since the vertical reg is integrated with the front air block, there is always some movement if I grip the vertical reg hard. On a standard body, the vert get get bolted onto the body instead.

My friend has a midget, and is always complaining about inconsistent velocity and has yet to find the right spring combo to solve it.
Now to make this clear the the gun came as a mini I just half blocked and midgeted it.
I've heard the complaints but think I have enoigh knowledge or knowledge around me that I could get it correct.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:01 PM #27
SilentBall55

I have a mini and that works great. I opened up the passage from the ASA to the the air block to lower the operating pressure.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 PM #28
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
I have a mini and that works great. I opened up the passage from the ASA to the the air block to lower the operating pressure.
I've had no problems with the sl reg keeping up I'm actually only going to change the fitting I. That area. One thing some get others don't is you don't need a heavy valve spring to try and compensate that's why your getting such horrid inconsistency. Timing is my issue the WWA hammer I have doesn't cock appropriately thus not wanting to feed unless you over pressurize the ram and overcome it. An autococker doesn't need to cock past the sear once that catches it should be a full cock and should be ready to shoot.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 PM #29
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE2Cocker View Post
I've had no problems with the sl reg keeping up I'm actually only going to change the fitting I. That area. One thing some get others don't is you don't need a heavy valve spring to try and compensate that's why your getting such horrid inconsistency. Timing is my issue the WWA hammer I have doesn't cock appropriately thus not wanting to feed unless you over pressurize the ram and overcome it. An autococker doesn't need to cock past the sear once that catches it should be a full cock and should be ready to shoot.
Just increase the pin pocket in the hammer further back to prevent over pressurizing your ram.

I know your SL reg can keep up, but if you open up the air passage from the reg to the main air chamber, you boost the available air volume for the valve to operate at a lower operating pressure. In return you can run even lighter springs and use even less cocking pressure for the ram. You also can run lighter sear springs so the trigger pull can also be lighter.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 PM #30
PaulE2Cocker

That's what I'm doing with the hammer you are correct on the ports but what exactly did you drill I actually thought about opening the inside of the front bore but that would be cheating the system since I could use a mill and correct bit to get behind the threads but this is a do it at home project to prove it can be done with basic tools maybe not the best but something to call your own

Old 02-17-2013, 11:36 PM #31
SilentBall55

Quote:
That's what I'm doing with the hammer you are correct on the ports but what exactly did you drill I actually thought about opening the inside of the front bore but that would be cheating the system since I could use a mill and correct bit to get behind the threads but this is a do it at home project to prove it can be done with basic tools maybe not the best but something to call your own
You need only a dremel or drill to do the trick. The vertical asa may have a tiny hole that needs to be enlarged either with a hand drill or dremel. Also if you look at the banjo bolt (air block screw) it has mickeymouse sized holes. Enlarge those as well.

When you fire your cocker, air needs to flow unrestricted from the reg to the valve. Also the size of the holding chamber for regulated air is also important.

My friend has a Bob Long 6GR and that gun has massive, I mean massive air chambers. Even the trigger frame holds air for the valve. The 6GR is very low pressure and low kick and very low sound signature.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 02-17-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 AM #32
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:

You need only a dremel or drill to do the trick. The vertical asa may have a tiny hole that needs to be enlarged either with a hand drill or dremel. Also if you look at the banjo bolt (air block screw) it has mickeymouse sized holes. Enlarge those as well.

When you fire your cocker, air needs to flow unrestricted from the reg to the valve. Also the size of the holding chamber for regulated air is also important.

My friend has a Bob Long 6GR and that gun has massive, I mean massive air chambers. Even the trigger frame holds air for the valve. The 6GR is very low pressure and low kick and very low sound signature.
I own 2 g6rs and 32 other guns I know the concept just wasn't sure what your drilling I know about the lower chamber behind the banjo bolt just didn't know if you drilled the vertical adapter or front block

Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 AM #33
SilentBall55

I own other electros but my favorites are the mechs.

Ideally, the volume chamber should be directly in front of the valve, but on a mini, it is spread out all over the gun.

On my full size cockers, I can easily open up the two holes in the body that connects to the vertical asa adaptor, thus boosting the air volume for the valve.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 02-18-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:24 PM #34
PaulE2Cocker

So currently waiting on a 3 way should be here Monday. I started this project with leftover parts I had from a white wolf so the hammer actually had to be slotted farther to correctly time with the three way and cock the gun with out having to overcock the system to load a ball. But all is looking positive I'm goin to take tomorrow fire a few shots with leaky 3 way see where we are at ballpark wise on fps and on consistancy.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 PM #35
SilentBall55

Just put some grease instead of oil on the o-rings to help it seal better. Sometimes, if the stem is not moving straight within the 3 way cylinder, it can leak also. If it still leaks after that, then new o-rings are needed.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 02-22-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:53 PM #36
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Just put some grease on the orings to help it seal better. Sometimes, if the stem is not moving straight within the 3 way cylinder, it can leak.
I already tried that even used Dow 55 and changed stem o rings no change just bad 3 way or stem is bad.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 PM #37
addicted2dunes

addicted2dunes has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I would prefer to keep it as small as possible I think I will be able to if not i don't quit I fix
Then you'll like my newest creation, still in the works, gotta do the half blocking still:

Old 02-22-2013, 11:47 PM #38
addicted2dunes

Quote:
Nice what springs are you running in the valve and main did you use a weighted/tungsten hammer
Maddmann springs, green valve and a slightly cut blue main.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:46 AM #39
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dunes View Post

Then you'll like my newest creation, still in the works, gotta do the half blocking still:
Could you get me some better pics of what's going on wit. Front block and how u have it all attached

Old 02-23-2013, 08:55 AM #40
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dunes View Post

Maddmann springs, green valve and a slightly cut blue main.
Running a heavy cut stock main spring and green valve spring

Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM #41
addicted2dunes

Quote:
Running a heavy cut stock main spring and green valve spring
Blue is the medium spring.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:37 PM #42
addicted2dunes

Quote:
Could you get me some better pics of what's going on wit. Front block and how u have it all attached
It's all custom machined...... I should get back to work on it soon. It is a 2004 Prostock, slightly mini'd (3/8"), midgeted, and soon to be a custom half block and dieting cut. Also, what you see with the pneumatics is called a reverser, all the pneumatics are swapped to the front side of the block.