PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM #1
tac0cat
ANGRY BEAR!!!! RAWR!!!

Karnivor mq spacer

Well ive been peicing together a karnivor and I am now at the point where i am going to install my mq valve. The valve that I bought appears to have all of the parts, but from my reading Karnivors need a different spacer. This is my first time installing or even having an mq valve in my hands so im not exactly sure what the difference is.

I searched around google, are there any places that you can still get the spacers new?

Or, could i possibly run my Karnivor without a cocking rod for the time being.
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2013, 11:10 AM #2
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
they do use a special spacer for the mq but you can run your stock ivg into a standard spacer without any issue.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:45 AM #3
tac0cat
ANGRY BEAR!!!! RAWR!!!

So i just throw the spacer in the lower tube, tighten down the ivg, and run it without the cocking rod(ics since its a karni) on?

Or do i still need to cut down the ics rod and use it as a guide for the back block?

This is my first time setting up an mq valve, and i only have 2500 psi in a 48/4500 to test once its done.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:39 PM #4
hmcl281

you do not not need the cocking rod but it does help the have it there. only issue is if you cut the rod you can no longer use ics. the rod just basically help prevent the back block from moving around, the bolt and pump help stabilize the back block already but the cocking rod is like a 3rd stabilizer.

install the mq vale and screw in the ivg and then air it up without attaching the frame to the body. at this point you are basically testing for leaks, you do not need your frame attached to test for leaks. once you verify the mq is not leaking you can dry fire it, with the frame attached to the body or not. simple way to save air is flip the bolt upside down, it will use less air.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:47 PM #5
tac0cat
ANGRY BEAR!!!! RAWR!!!

I just aired it up, i cant really tell if it is leaking from the actual mq solonoid or just from the valve itself. Ill go through and lube it up again tonight and see how it goes.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:27 PM #6
hmcl281

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac0cat View Post
I just aired it up, i cant really tell if it is leaking from the actual mq solonoid or just from the valve itself. Ill go through and lube it up again tonight and see how it goes.
take out the valve set screw and see if you can hear it leaking from there. one reason people have leaking valve is because the set screw is screwed into deep. also a good idead to know your reg pressure, valve usually leak at over 300 psi.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 PM #7
tac0cat
ANGRY BEAR!!!! RAWR!!!

Thanks for the tip, ill try that later.
Reg pressure is definitely something that could be an issue. The one that i had on earlier today was a stock WGP one that I pulled out of a parts bin. I have a aka sidewinder I can use for this setup tho. Im sure i will be back with more questions and thanks for your help
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 AM #8
hmcl281

gauge is almost a must for mq setup. it lets your know what the output pressure is and if your reg is slowly creeping.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 PM #9
tac0cat
ANGRY BEAR!!!! RAWR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
gauge is almost a must for mq setup. it lets your know what the output pressure is and if your reg is slowly creeping.
Will do, Ill add that to my list for when i go to the pb store.