Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 PM #1
Evil_Paintball_freek
#No****sGiven

Annual Supporting Member
Evil_Paintball_freek is a Supporting Member
Evil_Paintball_freek is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Evil_Paintball_freek is attending Decay of Nations VII
Not sure anyone here can help, but worth a shot, I need some advice

I'm not sure where to start with this, but I need some help.

I bought a 2013 Dodge Dart 2 weeks ago. I took delivery at night, and it was rainy/snowing so I didn't really get to go over the car. The next day, seeing the car cleaned up and in the daylight, I noticed it looked like absolute **** and that there was a pretty deep scratch on the passenger side door. It also looked like they dried my car with sandpaper, oh lets not forget that some idiot was welding and actually melted the rear glass so there were big knicks/weld bb's in my rear window. Clear coat scratches are one thing, but streaks/marring is another. So they take it in, and I sit at the dealer ship waiting for them to clean it up and when I'm going over it after it's supposedly done, I noticed a 2-3 chips in the paint, and a dent in the bumper. So now instead of having some clear coat scratches, I know have a dent in my rear bumper, and missing paint because some *** hat backed into something. They tell me to drop the car off so it can go to a glass shop, to have the glass repaired, well here's a no brainer...it's not repairable, so new glass has to go in. When I bring it in for everything to get taken care of, I go over the entire car, and write everything down, some piddly ****, but the fact it was done so half *** is what pissed me off. Marker still on the wheels, Engine bay covered in dirt, excess wax every where, plus the chips and scratches. They have my car for over a week, I finally go to get it today, and what do I find. The same scratches that were supposedly taken care of, some area where they tried to wet sand a factory **** up in the paint, and wet sanded it down removing the color, and left it so now it's just white dots and 5-6 scratches through the paint on my passenger door, plus twice as many clear coat **** ups, oh and sticky fruit punch **** in my cup holders, and a quarter tank of gas, when I brought it with a half of a tank.

I understand the clear coat **** and wasn't worried about that, irritated but something I can handle myself. But to be told my car is going to a body shop to be wet sanded and buffed, and see it the way it is when I pick it up, and then bring up the fact I know for a fact a buffer has never touched this car. I told him from the beginning not to try and sneak anything past me, I used to work for a restoration shop/detail/buff/wet sand all that crap on cars worth much more then anything I'll ever own, and when I brought it up, he blatantly lies and tries to tell me the" body shop did a complete buff job, so if those scratches where there, they would have said something"

I feel as though because I'm young, I'm getting blown off like this. This is my first new car purchase, and it has been an absolute nightmare. Not to mention I'm sure it will help my resale/trade in seeing the rear glass, and rear bumper being replaced with less then 500 miles on the car.

I have one more person I'm going to talk to at the dealership for them to try and make this right, but I have a feeling it's not going to get me anywhere so I don't know what other actions to take. Their survey will be getting 0's, and a claim will be made with the BBB, but they're pretty much useless.

I tried to get some pictures of things, but it's hard with my lighting.

Hard to see, but this pretty much how the entire clear coat looks

Wetsand/White dots/more clear coat scratches

Again, hard to see, but this how the entire hood looks

First scratch on the passenger door about 2" long

Two more scratches on the passenger door

More scratches through the paint on the passenger door

last scratch on the passenger door

Excess wax all around the trim, in the gas tank/mirrors

Rear window, there was 6 or 7 of these

Last edited by Evil_Paintball_freek : 02-11-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Evil_Paintball_freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 PM #2
automagwarrior

has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'd call Dodge and ask if your warranty can be honored at a different dealership.
automagwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:00 PM #3
Evil_Paintball_freek
#No****sGiven

Annual Supporting Member
But it's not warranty work, it's the dealers asshat ****ing techs. I am going to give them a call on Wednesday since it's my day off.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:13 PM #4
automagwarrior

Go somewhere else?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 PM #5
Evil_Paintball_freek
#No****sGiven

Annual Supporting Member

How can I go to another dealership to have them fix up another dealerships **** ups? it doesn't usually work like that. if this was warranty work then I would, but another dealership isn't going to take the responsibility for another dealerships errors.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 PM #6
automagwarrior

If you can't prove they did it, its just going to be your word against theirs. Some of the stuff you posted pictures of it pretty incidental to most people. I understand the glass and scratches but it sounds like you've already signed for their work. I'm guessing that releases them from liability.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 PM #7
Dom Mazzetti

when i managed at lexus we had papers that were signed before the car was dropped off showing damage on the car....so if the car gained damage we payed for it. odds are you already claimed the car in its current condition.
Dom Mazzetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 PM #8
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
1. Don't buy a dodge

2. DON'T BUY A DODGE
Gazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM #9
Evil_Paintball_freek
#No****sGiven

Annual Supporting Member
I haven't signed anything. I brought the list of everything that was wrong, and went over the car with a manager the day I dropped it off, and showed him all the flaws. I went back immediately today, once I got the car under some light and saw all their **** ups. I haven't even had the car in my possession for a week
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM #10
Evil_Paintball_freek
#No****sGiven

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
1. Don't buy a dodge

2. DON'T BUY A DODGE
How's that solstice holding up...oh wait.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 PM #11
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
lul
Gazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:01 AM #12
shortypaintballr
frat brah

I wouldn't stop unless the car looked absolutely brand new. That is what you bought, a brand new car.

Have Need for Speed: Rivals for PS4. Want FIFA 14. PM me to trade.
shortypaintballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:22 AM #13
DRock
Resident Rocket Scientist

Court will happen.

Because Dodge.

ST:Almost Serious
DRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM #14
Lucidus
T-rex Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Paintball_freek View Post
I told him from the beginning not to try and sneak anything past me, I used to work for a restoration shop/detail/buff/wet sand all that crap on cars worth much more then anything I'll ever own,
Honestly, he probably stopped giving a **** about you at that moment. I can tell you from experience customers that make it a point to tell the service department I work in that they are better equipped to repair the cars then we are, they get nothing more then we absolutely have to give them.

That being said, it's ****ed up that a brand new car was sold to you like that. Their detail department is ****. I'm just saying maybe going in there and telling them you know how to do their job isn't the best way to make them take care of your issues...

Maybe I can shed some light on what's happening here. First, who are you dealing with at the dealership about this? If it's anyone other then your salesmen, sales manager, or the general manager you are talking to the wrong people.

If you are dealing with the service department you are wasting your time.

If your salesmen and sales manager don't fix it, get in contact with the general manager. I can tell you from experience that dealership general managers are the laziest scumbag finger pointers in a dealership. They want nothing more then to not be bothered, so if you are looking to annoy someone to the point of getting your **** fixed, the general manager is the guy to talk to.

Last edited by Lucidus : 02-13-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Lucidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 PM #15
Truck Driver
Druck Triver

That is one nice dodge camero!

"for instance: the whole car audio thread enjoys paintball, no? oh but they also are fairly knowledgeable about car audio. "

Truck Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 PM #16
Evil_Paintball_freek
#No****sGiven

Annual Supporting Member
After two phone calls to Dodge USA, 4 stops into the dealership and two calls to the general manager, and having a detailer I trust do some half and halfs, they pretty much ate their words and came back and said, "well it's clear you won't be happy with our autobody work, so I'm just going to pay for your detailer.

Just for an idea, it's worse then i originally had thought as well.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 PM #17
Evil_Paintball_freek
#No****sGiven

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Honestly, he probably stopped giving a **** about you at that moment. I can tell you from experience customers that make it a point to tell the service department I work in that they are better equipped to repair the cars then we are, they get nothing more then we absolutely have to give them.

That being said, it's ****ed up that a brand new car was sold to you like that. Their detail department is ****. I'm just saying maybe going in there and telling them you know how to do their job isn't the best way to make them take care of your issues...

Maybe I can shed some light on what's happening here. First, who are you dealing with at the dealership about this? If it's anyone other then your salesmen, sales manager, or the general manager you are talking to the wrong people.

If you are dealing with the service department you are wasting your time.

If your salesmen and sales manager don't fix it, get in contact with the general manager. I can tell you from experience that dealership general managers are the laziest scumbag finger pointers in a dealership. They want nothing more then to not be bothered, so if you are looking to annoy someone to the point of getting your **** fixed, the general manager is the guy to talk to.
The thing is, the manager that was supposed to be fixing things, knew my knowledge and previous job experience, because I was going for a job there. I told them from the start to not even wash my car because I didn't trust dealership lot kids and porters.