PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 AM #1
spinny2559
just missed 2k4

spinny2559 is a Supporting Member
What does your webmaster charge?

I'm doing a favor for a family member and built/maintaining his website/ other tech stuff (kinda as freebie and resume bolsterer). While upgrading to additional email boxes, the host accidentally deleted all existing email addresses and all contents of those existing email addresses (11 addresses).
Correcting this problem and getting back in touch with each of the team members to individually help them set up their accounts again may take a few hours.

I plan to create an invoice for the time I will spend fixing the problem they have caused, and request the host cover these costs (the manager's profuse apologies don't cut it).

So if you have a webmaster, how much does he charge? And by the hour, by the update, etc. etc.?

thanks!

98 Custom Low Pressure Kit parts available, contact me!

TONS of solenoids and solenoid parts F/S/T!!

spinny2559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 AM #2
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Mustang7302 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fix work, be it hardware or software, I typically charge $60 an hour. It is just enough to make it worth my time and isn't so much that I feel like an *** hole by overcharging a client.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Mustang7302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:56 PM #3
spinny2559
just missed 2k4

spinny2559 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang7302 View Post
Fix work, be it hardware or software, I typically charge $60 an hour. It is just enough to make it worth my time and isn't so much that I feel like an *** hole by overcharging a client.
I can understand $60/hr for straight up coding, but does that seem excessive for upgrading a Wordpress site (just css and minimal php) and email server work?

98 Custom Low Pressure Kit parts available, contact me!

TONS of solenoids and solenoid parts F/S/T!!

spinny2559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:33 PM #4
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Mustang7302 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Wordpress updates is not the same as fixing hardware or software (end user email configurations). Fix work is something that is done in a day, typically. It is also it bit more expensive than project work because the clients are in a bind and asking for your help, rather than you opting into work.

Project work, like Wordpress site updates, is a flat charge event. I typically charge a flat rate based on a $240/Day with a reasonable estimated number of days calculation.

But again, this is just to for me to do contract work. I have a day job which pays the bills. If you want my skills and extra time, it has to be worth my time. If you're already working with the group, then you get boned with $20 to $30 an hour of pay; on the plus side it is a consistent pay and you're not busting *** jumping from project to project.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Mustang7302 is offline   Reply With Quote