PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM #1
Arctic Canadian

has been a member for 10 years
Sly Profit... WTF?

Okay this mask has given me issues numerous times no matter what kind of weather I am playing in or even being indoors. This mask is just not cutting it. I have removed the ear foam to drastically improve my hearing while wearing the mask. I also cut down the profile of the mask which was recommended by Matt off of New England Avalanche. But even with these changes and everything, the mask continues to fog. The clear lens that I recently bought for it has just let me down again and again by fogging up and it is more than frustrating to say to a teammate, "Sorry I cannot shoot that guy because I cannot see him or anything else."

I have owned and used Dye i4's before this and never had any issues with them. Never had them fog or anything and considering how much closer those are to your face and their profile. I am just struggling with how many issues I have had with my Profits when they are used and well liked by many others.

Anyone have any insightful thoughts or ideas as to what could be causing these fogging issues?

Thanks,
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 PM #2
WreckBalla
SD

WreckBalla is playing at Living Legends VI
WreckBalla has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla supports DLX Technology
Maybe ur a heavy breather? Anywho i think u should try picking up one of those mask fans, some of them are pretty quiet and not that heavy. Otherwise i would consider picking up an eflex. They have a great field of vision, hearing, breathability and never fog
LIFE STYLE ,You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball....
WreckBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 PM #3
Arctic Canadian

has been a member for 10 years
I am wondering if other users of the Sly Profit have had this issue and what they have done to fix this issue. Whether it be a defective lens and just needs to be replaced, or any number of other reasons.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 PM #4
shokertm

shokertm owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shokertm supports Team VICIOUS
shokertm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
shokertm supports DLX Technology
If the lens itself Is fogging, Right under the lens on the bottom there are little vent holes, I would suggest e-taping them up and it helps a lot with LENS fogging, not so much glasses.

GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING PRICED TO SELL
shokertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 PM #5
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Ive been using them for some time now. I have only had them fog in cold weather. And ive had literally every mask fog on me in cold weather. From events, eflexs, and i4s. When jts cold out I just use some cheap antiflog spray. Which helps.

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 PM #6
sib9397
"Big D"

sib9397 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
sib9397 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sib9397 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've never had a problem with mine. I've used them for a good year now, and they are great, in my opinion. Well, they did fog once. But that was my fault. I fell in a pond. Try breathing primarily out of the nose. It helps a lot. Don't pant while running, wait until you get to where you are going. Talk minimally. Also, the stock lens of the profit tend to cause less problems than any other.
sib9397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:49 AM #7
harbinger626
pump happy

harbinger626 supports Team VICIOUS
harbinger626 plays in the APPA beginner division
harbinger626 is attending Decay of Nations VI
harbinger626 supports Empire
mine only fogged when i had that rain cover piece attached to the top vents after removing it nothing else
t=3884848[/url],spy sunglasses
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77080177
ion project
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3964188
harbinger626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 AM #8
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Mine fogged until I used FogDoc and made some cuts in the vents at the top. No more fog.

During the winter EVERY mask will fog.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote