Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-16-2013, 04:18 PM #1
mnck320
Choo Choo!

mnck320 plays in the PSP
mnck320 plays in the APPA D4 division
Top hat stuck on

Just bought a pm7 off here, I'm not new to the matrix family by any means as this is my 6th one. How ever, I don't think I've ever had this problem before, the top hat is stuck on...I can't seem to be able to unscrew it or anything. Any tips on this?

Also it has the hybrid back cap, is it normal for these to not stay screwed on as good as the stock ones? As in the threads will jump kind of.
mnck320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2013, 06:09 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Hmmm I've had a top hat and can stuck together only one time. Basically they were just really really tight. I had to use a couple of pieces of cloth to get enough grip, then give them to my buddy with gorilla hands. He got it off lol. Maybe two small strap wrenches would work?

As for the back cap.....aftermarket parts are always iffy. You may just need a new oring on the back cap that will fit snugger.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 PM #3
mnck320
Choo Choo!

mnck320 plays in the PSP
mnck320 plays in the APPA D4 division
Got it, it was a major pain in the *** though haha.

It's the threads connecting to the top hat that it doesn't really like to screw onto the tightest, I can get it on good and snug but not like a stock back cap. Oh well, gun shoots smooth and good so I wont really worry about it. Definitely makes me remember why I missed matrixes so much.
mnck320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:38 PM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Good that it's working. What you could do is put a drop of blue locktite on the back cap threads. Just a tiny dab. That will hold it together. Once you take it apart next time, residue of the blue locktite will remain and probably still keep the threads somewhat snug. Or just ad a fresh dab each time to be safe.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote