Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2013, 01:03 PM #1
Yellow-Bluntz

Is it worth it?

Im looking into purchasing the tippmann sierra one marker and i just want to know if it feels comfortable and how well it slings balls..balls..
Also, the rails make me think that the sierra has many available attachments, Does it?
Yellow-Bluntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 01:22 PM #2
C8H10N4O2

C8H10N4O2 supports Team VICIOUS
C8H10N4O2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
C8H10N4O2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
C8H10N4O2 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What are you looking to play? Speedball or woodsball? If you're even considering playing speedball, stay far away from that marker.

And there are much better options in that price range. Any attachments you put on that marker will just slow you down. Scopes, sights, lasers, and flashlights are useless in paintball.
C8H10N4O2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:53 PM #3
IrockanEGO
Ohio baller

IrockanEGO has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The sierra one is basically another 98c in a cool body. It will shoot like a 98c and will likely be heavy and bulky just like all tippmann guns.
IrockanEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:07 PM #4
Yellow-Bluntz

Well currently, i am playing in a medium sized area that is populated by speed ballers and woodball players. I would say 60% speedies and 40% woodies. I also want to play tactical and i like to mimic strategies and teamwork skills that come from the military. So with that, i just thought it would be a cool experience to eventually have a red dot site, front grip, upgraded stock and all the other goodies. I am also a new player so i currently am experiencing the excitement of going onto the field with all customized gear and having fun!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 PM #5
NJKermitt
Kermit on the Scene

NJKermitt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NJKermitt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I never want to discourage someone from choosing a marker based on their style of play. However, I would like to warn you that in most cases, military tactics in paintball generally do not work.
A stock, a red dot sight, etc are elements from real weaponry when the "ammunition" is much more accurate than a paintball.
My recommendation is for you to buy a good, thermal mask first and then go rent gear from your local field.
A hammer doesn't build a house, a builder does. Therefore a marker does not win games, the person behind it does. Build your skills before you decide to spend your money on your own marker.
I give my markers names.
NJKermitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM #6
Yellow-Bluntz

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:41 PM #7
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKermitt View Post
I never want to discourage someone from choosing a marker based on their style of play. However, I would like to warn you that in most cases, military tactics in paintball generally do not work.
A stock, a red dot sight, etc are elements from real weaponry when the "ammunition" is much more accurate than a paintball.
My recommendation is for you to buy a good, thermal mask first and then go rent gear from your local field.
A hammer doesn't build a house, a builder does. Therefore a marker does not win games, the person behind it does. Build your skills before you decide to spend your money on your own marker.
This.
My style of play is paintball. I've tried the Army tactics straight from the Small Unit Tactics FM (can't remember the number off hand...) and they frankly don't work for paintball. Squad formations and fields of fire all go to pot when the shooting starts both from lack of training and mostly from the accuracy of paintballs being not all that good. I play with several different types of markers, from tactical to Spaceguns, and I honestly prefer something that doesn't resemble a rifle. I'm a shooter, so it isn't from not being a marksman, it's just that on the paintball field, it doesn't really benefit you to have lasers and shrouds and such. The simpler the setup, the funner it gets!
Good hunting.
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 AM #8
Yellow-Bluntz

Thanks Noah
Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 AM #9
bth9461

My son is just starting PB and he looks at it the same way as you do. Don't fall for all this marketing that has been put into Milisim look. You will be seperated from your money. With a looks over preformance benefit. You will be spending money on looks, and it will not really help you preform better during games.

Buy a speedball gun. In general they will shoot better and faster when needed. More importantly though they will present a smaller target, be less bulky, and weigh less. This will all help you play the game. You could find that after playing some you might like playing all types of PB. Thus a gun like the Axe would really work for any type of game.

Being able to move well on the field is one of the best advantages you can have. Look at all your equipment and gear, in this way. Does it make it easier to Play the game? Reducing fatigue, increased vision, increased mobility, protection for elbows and knees, and the reliability of gun/loader/tank. These are the things that really matter in the game. Looks should be a secondary thing.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 AM #10
Yellow-Bluntz

Thanks evetyone but i know the gun wot make me better i was just thinking that a marker that resembles a real gun and its attachments would boost my excitement to play
Old 02-11-2013, 11:54 AM #11
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow-Bluntz View Post
Thanks evetyone but i know the gun wot make me better i was just thinking that a marker that resembles a real gun and its attachments would boost my excitement to play
I felt the same way at first, but quickly started to find the styling of paintball guns more appealing and the ergonomics more useful.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM #12
kostis11

kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 is attending Decay of Nations VII
kostis11 supports DLX Technology
dont you like the Alpha Black e-grip?? very good value for money, nice looking
Old 02-11-2013, 02:33 PM #13
Yellow-Bluntz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostis11 View Post
dont you like the Alpha Black e-grip?? very good value for money, nice looking
I do like it! But it looks like it cant hold attachments and i herd its made of plastic.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:55 PM #14
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow-Bluntz View Post
I do like it! But it looks like it cant hold attachments and i herd its made of plastic.
More importantly its blowback operated and doesnt have a high pressure regulator.

You might be interested in this:www.ansgear.com/Smart_Parts_SP1_Paintball_Gun_Black_p/spsp1paintballgunblack.htm
Its quiet, electronic, reliable, simple, smooth shooting, regulated, center feed neck, and most of all... looks badass.

Seriously, my dad plays lots of woodsball and you cant even hear this compared to all the tippmanns. It turns lots of heads(and mows faces) at the field and ANSgear has a ridiculous price on them.

Make sure you pick up a used carbon fiber tank and a used Halo hopper too.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote