Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-19-2013, 11:54 AM #1
JustinWood>L.I.

Axe inconsistent shots

Ive been reading some of the forums from other problems. i think it would be easier to just post here. I have a number of problems with my empire axe. First is a slight leak coming from the barrel. I know this could be a poppet problem. I have inspected/relubed all o.rings on bolt and poppet. Second is my axe has a redline board and boss bolt. Long story short. Shooting through crono is inconsistent and hasn't always been. When comparing settings with teammates with similar set-ups, with the bolt set to 1 1/2 turns out on all guns, only difference is there dwell is at 4 mine is at 8. my gun will not shoot otherwise. If i shoot gun three times the shots will be in the neighborhood 290 294 200.
Any help would help

Aztekphotos
Cousins Paintball
Island Paintball Supply
Arena paintball & Reball Facility
Empire Paintball
Raza Life
JustinWood>L.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 PM #2
d3kelley
~The Ginger~

d3kelley plays in the APPA beginner division
i would first try to diagnose the leak. remove the poppet and inspect the poppet oring and clean the poppet of any built in grime. check the poppet face, the white part of the poppet. if it cracked make sure it is replaced. then relube the poppet and make sure to not get any lube on the poppet face.

next what bore barrel do you currently use. you definately want to underbore your paint when using the boss bolt. also what spring are you currently using.

i also want to add that you should check the fit of the bolt on the bolt guide. if it's fairly loose and fall foo if you tip the bolt guide upside down then i would also change out your bolt guide orings. boss makes some nice bolt guide orings to use with the infamous or xsv bolt. if you are using just the standard boss bolt i would think you could use them as well, i would just shoot the boss a pm.
Hello Nasty #6 (Foxball Minors)
Check us out @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hello...074645?fref=ts

Bob Long G6R, deadlywinds barrel kit, Rotor, Ninja SLP 50/4500

Last edited by d3kelley : 02-19-2013 at 12:38 PM.
d3kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:29 PM #3
JustinWood>L.I.

I checked the fitment on the bolt to the guide. it doesn't seem abnormal. meaning the fitment seems good. I put the adjustment on the poppet all the way in and the leak still continues out of the bolt. i cleaned the poppet out yesterday and it didnt seem to be dirty or bad. no cracks..o rings looked good.

Aztekphotos
Cousins Paintball
Island Paintball Supply
Empire Paintball
Raza Life
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 PM #4
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Sounds like Solenoid or regulator problem. I would guess solenoid.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 PM #5
W355B

Check the inside of the bolt guide where the poppet seats. Have seen on some that have little scrathches or chips causing the poppet to not seal properly.
W355B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 PM #6
JustinWood>L.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W355B View Post
Check the inside of the bolt guide where the poppet seats. Have seen on some that have little scrathches or chips causing the poppet to not seal properly.
where the white part of the poppet lays on? Today i cleaned out most everything and changed the check valve. i took the filter out of the asa and cleaned that out. This was dirty as hell. I discovered when i cycle the gun the recharge rate on the gauge is very slow. I am useing a brand new high pressure ninja reg 68/4500

Aztekphotos
Cousins Paintball
Island Paintball Supply
Empire Paintball
Raza Life
Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 PM #7
W355B

Yes! where the poppet seal sits on to the bolt guide. Since you had mentioned that when turned in all the way it still leaked. As for the slow recharge rate on your reg you may need to service that since you said the filter was really dirty.
W355B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:37 AM #8
JustinWood>L.I.

I have just heard back from techs that i sent my gun out to. They told me that they replaced a gauge that was reading the wrong pressure. When i get the gun back i will test out and re-post for those concerned.

Aztekphotos
Cousins Paintball
Island Paintball Supply
Empire Paintball
Raza Life