Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-09-2013, 01:47 AM #1
Axelover92

Axelover92 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Axelover92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Axelover92 supports DLX Technology
Cool Need shocker communitys help!

Hey everybody. Im glad to anounce that I have just recently become a shocjer owner. I am loving my shocker. My only problems are as I have read really really bad efficiency and I constantly break paint in the breech. I have a stock 06 sft and I think it has an he bolt. I see pooty makes a flat face bolt that fixes roll back but I dont feel like shelling out 65 dollars to buy one. Now here is where I need help. I work at a custom machine shop. I have access to cnc mills and lathes everyday of the week. So I do believe I am going to make my own bolt. Does anybody have mods that can be done to the stock bolt? I am going to try and make the best bolt possible for my gat. Please I will be checking on this thread regularly from day to day and I need all tge info mods and help I can possibly get. Thanks
Axelover92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2013, 01:59 AM #2
MachineGunCrew
Never Say Die

MachineGunCrew plays in the PSP
MachineGunCrew owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MachineGunCrew is Legendary
MachineGunCrew supports DLX Technology
MachineGunCrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
If you have a drill press you can drill the back out with the correct dimensions of course. Then you just order a spring from Rhino and you have a spring modded HE bolt.

Other mods you can do with a drill press is to drill more holes in your Can and sleeve. You can also drill a tiny hole or 2 in the end of your bolt for the "QEV" mod.

Last edited by MachineGunCrew : 02-09-2013 at 02:14 AM.
MachineGunCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:02 AM #3
Axelover92

Rhino? And I want more than that. I want to fix ball rollback and my he bolt has 1 heck of a cuped face
Old 02-09-2013, 02:14 AM #4
gutgut2hi68
Proud Shocker Owner

gutgut2hi68 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'd check your SFT o-ring, located just behind the barrel. scroll down this page until you see the portion that deals with breaking paint. http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/sho...neumatics.html Also, you may be over greasing your bolt. This could be a cause because the excess grease gets shot right onto the ball with the bolts forward stroke. For your bad efficiency, start with a new battery, and then take a look at your board settings, particularly dwell. You want that at a minimal of 12 for an HE bolt, with an input pressure of 180. Of course, all guns are slightly different and the ballpark i gave you may vary. As for the bolt and modding it, contact either ATLballaz, or cs900, they both do beautiful machine work. Also, lurker paintball has a bolt called the eigen bolt, and is currently what most of us are shooting. I mentioned ATLballaz earlier, and he is going to be releasing a new bolt very soon here if you would like to look into that. Lurker's supply of eigens is also very low ATM, so if you want one of those, I'd suggest getting on it now as he may not be making more of them. MachineGunCrew is referring to Rhino1XL, he came up with the spring that the newer bolts like pooty's, lurker's, and ATL's bolts use. The spring mod is also the most common mod to any bolt which involves Rhino's spring. Being a new shocker owner, I'd also strongly advise that you cruise zdspb.com and thoroughly read it. It's the bible around here and tells you EVERYTHING about the Shocker, and of course this is a very friendly community that's eager to help out.
gutgut2hi68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:14 AM #5
Axelover92

Ill give those guys a ring. As I said I can machine my owb bolt I just need the qev specs alo.g with the spring nod guide and such. I didnt knoe avout rhino until now but I will definetally give him a shout
Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 AM #6
MachineGunCrew
Never Say Die

MachineGunCrew plays in the PSP
MachineGunCrew owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MachineGunCrew is Legendary
MachineGunCrew supports DLX Technology
MachineGunCrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Springs are cheap and he's a good guy to deal with. You can try to contact Cs900 to see if he'll pass along the dimensions you need to drill.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:20 AM #7
Axelover92

Thank you guys
Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 AM #8
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
I wouldent drill your bolt on a drill press, you should bore it on a lathe. Then give it a qev and make your guide adjustable.

If your gonna make your bolt from scratch I'd pm gisgo cs900 and Umami, see what they have to say.
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 AM #9
Axelover92

Talking to cs900 right now
Old 02-09-2013, 01:53 PM #10
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
You'll want a spring too......

CS900 has milled a number of bolts from scratch. The Eigen is available as well as Pootys. In a month the Atlas bolt should be here. Good times for shocker owners!

Maximum Paintball Supply, Fresno California
Rhino1XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:45 PM #11
gutgut2hi68
Proud Shocker Owner

gutgut2hi68 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino1XL View Post
You'll want a spring too......

CS900 has milled a number of bolts from scratch. The Eigen is available as well as Pootys. In a month the Atlas bolt should be here. Good times for shocker owners!
gutgut2hi68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 PM #12
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
This thread will have everything you need to know about spring modding you bolt including dimensions. I highly recomend paying close attention to the section about oring tolerances.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...=spring+mod+v2

This thread is loaded with shocker mods including the ARB mod which does everything the pooty claims with non of its claimed drawbacks. There are easier ways to do an ARB aswell myself and inmylife both have recently done them by drilling the guide tip and tapping it for a screw.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...324&highlight=

Other things that can be done as said are the qev mod (I dont have the dimensions for those myself. Certainly look into the IPR mod ccluff hasnt don a new run as of late but theres a tutorial in the above thread to make one yourself it should be a cake walk for you since you have access to the machines.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3407948

And the ultimate shocker mods thread lots of great ways to toy around with your shocker right here
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p... r+mods+thread

Keep us posted and make sure you take pics of your progress for us as it comes along. I allways enjoy seeing the pics as they're being machined

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote