PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2013, 02:58 PM #1
mas11j

mas11j plays in the PSP
huh, hope thats not bad

Huh, my 2k5d timmy is making a weird noise, well i think its weird. I just put in a palmers lpr (60psi) aka sst reg, lurker ram and spring and an orange bolt. It was an adjustable ram cam with spike and it get so a tiny sliver is visible looking down the feed neck.

When i shoot it the is a very audible noise. More of a dunk then a ping. Thought it was the bolt hitting to far forward but no. Then thought it might be the ram on the cap but lurker has a rubber bumper hitting the spike.
Any ideas?
mas11j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2013, 03:23 PM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Try putting the stock bolt back in and see what happens. You swapped from a much more solid delrin bolt to a lighter, more hollow carbon fiber bolt. So it could be something as simple as the sound signature of the carbon fiber.
Also I would really check your chrono readings if you haven't already. Sometimes having a lighter bolt with a lightened ram/spring is not a good combination. You may not be able to get up to velocity because the set up may be too light. I had that issue years ago with a Cyborg with a lightened ram/spring combo and lighter bolt, I couldn't shoot over 250-260 no matter what I did until I put the stock bolt back in to make things a touch heavier.
Now if that's the case that dunk sound could be the ram hitting the valve but not having enough force to open it all the way, even with the lighter spring. So you have some research to do.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:34 PM #3
mas11j

mas11j plays in the PSP
Its not making that sound without a bolt in it at all. My stock bolts gone so I think its just the sound of all this new stuff. Gutta hit the crono to tune it all anyway.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:45 AM #4
mo-teggy

Just had this issue with my dragon. With that combo I couldn't chrono over 260. The ram and bolt combo are to light. You can try and go with an even lighter spring found in a spyder spring kit. I haven't tried that...I ended up swapping bolts solved the problem. If you need a stock bolt let me know I may have one I could trade you or maybe even a shockteck one somewhere.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:08 AM #5
tacxplosion

Lurker spring is lighter than the black spyder spring, I have both.

If you have one/can get one cheap (which anyone can), an Evil front block has a shorter stalk, so the lurker spring rests less compressed with that front block than with the 2k2/2k5+ front block; allowing the valve to be opened more easily.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 AM #6
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 is Boss
Evil blocks are only for 2k2 timmys and if he did a full 2k5ing the body would be tapped for an alias block. Also they only have one o-ring on them so they tend to be much more prone to leaking.
I've heard of people being able to run without a spring on the poppet. It's a balancing act of pressures and your set up, you would have to speak to Lurker about that method though. I'm not really familiar with it but I have heard of a few people doing it.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

Old 02-09-2013, 12:38 PM #7
mas11j

mas11j plays in the PSP
It feels like its shoots high enough, maybe cuz i have the brass in the ram? I dunno i havent had a chance to tune it. Its a real 2k5 ive been screwing with the past year is if something wrong with the bolt combo ill just get a stock bolt for like 4$. Love this orange bolt though and got one with the metal pin, really wanna use it.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:55 PM #8
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 is Boss
Carbon fiber bolts are nice and all the only problem is that eventually they all seem to crack. Or in the case of the DM orange bolts the carbon fiber separates from the aluminum. That's really why nobody makes them anymore. I don't even think the company that made orange bolts is even around anymore or if they are if they make carbon fiber bolts.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 PM #9
mas11j

mas11j plays in the PSP
its not like im using my gat from 8 years ago at world cup.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 AM #10
tacxplosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas11j View Post
Its a real 2k5 ive been screwing with the past year is if something wrong with the bolt combo ill just get a stock bolt for like 4$. Love this orange bolt though and got one with the metal pin, really wanna use it.
A power drill and a 5/16" bit will let you use the evil block (or any 2k2 block for that matter, like the reverse 15* in the pics).

If you plan on doing this, don't drill more than 3mm deep, that's already more than you need (and you can still use the threads in the block, in case you have another non tapped body you'd like to use).
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote