PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 09:40 AM #1
RONIN 23
PBX Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
Hey fellas, there really is a better way.

After standing on the sidelines and watching a bad situation get progressively worse, I can’t help but to think enough is enough. In general, I can absolutely sympathize with all the teams who have not yet received their hard-earned and well-deserved prizes from last year’s GPL tourneys….and in particular, with the players that been involved with the season-ending drama that has regrettably occurred. I know these guys well and have the utmost respect for them as individuals.

Several of my teams have had to wait practically the whole season to receive anything from them. But does it really need to result in mudslinging and internet-anonymous character assassination? Let’s just chill for one second and catch our collective breath…

My teams have been playing in the GPL practically from day one. I have watch Brian and Cyndi turn a rinky-dink tourney series to what it is today, the premier tri-state paintball tournament series. I have seen them stumble on several occasions and I’ve also seen them take corrective actions that bordered on overkill. They’re not perfect but overall, they’ve provided the local tourney players with the best choice as far as tourneys were concerned.

We all know that 2003 was not a banner year for the GPL. Whether it was the new surroundings, the uncooperative weather or the unreliable and unaccountable sponsors, the GPL has had to face adversity last year…FROM DAY ONE. They’ve fallen into a hole that they’ve been trying to climb out from ever since.

Now many of you have seen it fit to cast the first stone AS IF YOU HAVEN’T HAD YOUR OWN SHARE OF HOLES THAT YOU HAVE FALLEN INTO. I for one have had my share in my lifetime. One thing that we must all realize is that climbing out of a hole takes time. What we must also understand is that when the parties who are involved in a dilemma work together in a spirit of give-and-take, things usually ends up being okay for all involved. My own experience with Brian and Cyndi is that they’re more amenable to quietly working things out with people and they’ve proven that to me on a number of occasions.

Let’s all just step back and give each other the opportunity to work things out quietly. In Cyndi’s letter, she has not only provided for a means to resolve this matter BUT also a definitive timeline in which to do it in. I can definitely respect the fact that they’re trying sincerely to resolve this problem.

The rest is up to the aggrieved parties to show their willingness to work in the spirit of give-and-take and I’m certainly hopeful that you all will, in the end, walk away from this debacle with a positive sense of satisfaction.

Good luck and best wishes to all you guys. I hope to see you all soon at our new multi-field indoor paintball facility in Toms River, New Jersey

/s/ Mel C. Maravilla
’04 PBX Legion
PBX Reaper
PBX Jesters
PBX Saints
PBX Violators
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2004, 02:09 PM #2
Spikerz

Spikerz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spikerz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I thought tom's river just had little league?
=]

Spike
Old 01-15-2004, 04:45 PM #3
NJ_Crusade
OSK #3

Alright, not to play devil's advocate here but in all honesty, these people are owed prizes, and the season has long been over. If the prizes were promised, they must be delivered in a reasonable amount of time, theres NO excuse, thats straight up lying to the players.

What I don't understand is why no one is taking any actual steps toward getting them besides *****ing on these forums.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:40 PM #4
$$AMONEY$$

$$AMONEY$$ is a Supporting Member
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the PSP
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the APPA D1 division
Re: Hey fellas, there really is a better way.

Quote:
Originally posted by RONIN 23
I hope to see you all soon at our new multi-field indoor paintball facility in Toms River, New Jersey
Sorry if it's off topic, but what is said fields name? If you have an address/phone number/website, that'd be great, thank you.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:21 PM #5
Dayspring
Automags.org Overlord

Dayspring is a founding member
Dayspring owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dayspring owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Dayspring supports Empire
PBX Battlezone

2 Rt 37 West
Toms River

Current Arsenal:
Inception Designs Tacticool Axe
Planet Eclipse ETEK 3 AM
Planet Eclipse Geo 3.0
BLAST Alias Intimidator
AGD X-Valve Mech Mag
Old 01-19-2004, 04:10 PM #6
RONIN 23
PBX Paintball

Quote:
Originally posted by NJ_Crusade
Alright, not to play devil's advocate here but in all honesty, these people are owed prizes, and the season has long been over. If the prizes were promised, they must be delivered in a reasonable amount of time, theres NO excuse, thats straight up lying to the players.

What I don't understand is why no one is taking any actual steps toward getting them besides *****ing on these forums.
For whatever reason that the prizes still haven't been distributed, it is inconsequential. The important thing is that the GPL is making and taking a very public position for the purpose of settling this matter. What has happened in the past could be argued about endlessly and it really doesn't help anything except fanning the flames.

As far as actual steps outside of talking to all the individuals involved in this matter, the only acceptable way would have been to take the legal action route. And when people take that road, who actually wins?....except for the lawyers.

Hopefully everyone would be satisfactorily compensated and that this bad situation closes with everyone walking away amicably. I look forward to seeing all of you the the field soon.

/s/ Mel C. Maravilla
PBX Legion '04
PBX Battlezone-Toms River, NJ
PBX Battlegroundz-Sussex, NJ
Old 01-30-2004, 08:55 AM #7
oracle205

I just want to play and win. Prizes are a bonus. trophy or a medal is a must.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:35 PM #8
NJjesters4
Kong-Ker

NJjesters4 is a Supporting Member
Hey NJ_CRUSADE
I wouldn't worry about it I'm pretty sure
you aren't waiting on any prizes this year
Old 04-05-2004, 01:43 PM #9
rcg8403

that stinks when people dont get prizes. I think that there is no excuse for it. Players spend their hard earned money for tourneys and they only want the return that is promised to them. No one should hold a tourny without the prizes there to give out immediatly after the tourny is over.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:49 PM #10
GPL Promoter

"Yeah well if they were poor you might have a point but they have bought a new house and have many many toys. Take a look at brians new guns he always has the best of the best and its never an old piece of equiptment. You also have to understand that those of us who have paid to play want our prizes we have earned them and its part of our contract. You may have found some kind of harmonious karma but dammit the rest of us want our stuff." Posted by Megabyte

We RENT a Townhouse, we DID NOT by a New House....

The last 3 Guns he got (which have been the only guns he has had in 2 years) were part of Sponsorships for the team(s) he played for and he either got for free or for a great discount because of the sponsorship...

Toys? What toys do we own? Our 3 year old has toys if that is what you mean....

PS...EVERYONE GOT Their prizes or a subsitute of equal or GREATER Value...

Please get you facts straight before you spread rumors......
Old 04-05-2004, 05:52 PM #11
chewster29
FREE YAYO

big ups to GPL for coming through on the prizes in the first event in 04
HOmeLess CrusaDeR #1
GardEn StaTe GanGstAs
Old 04-06-2004, 10:47 AM #12
WPPBOSS

Annual Supporting Member
WPPBOSS is a Supporting Member
Prizes were there and awarded on the spot !!..... All the smacktalk is getting old. 2004 is on the right track..
wppsboss@yahoo.com
Old 04-06-2004, 12:01 PM #13
*NiTr0*
Ex *********

*NiTr0* is a Supporting Member
Re: Re: Hey fellas, there really is a better way.

Quote:
Originally posted by megabyte
Yeah well if they were poor you might have a point but they have bought a new house and have many many toys. Take a look at brians new guns he always has the best of the best and its never an old piece of equiptment. You also have to understand that those of us who have paid to play want our prizes we have earned them and its part of our contract. You may have found some kind of harmonious karma but dammit the rest of us want our stuff.
Wow, megabyte. This thread is old just like all the other ones you upped! stop upping old posts.

Ex moderator
Old 04-06-2004, 04:46 PM #14
*NiTr0*
Ex *********

*NiTr0* is a Supporting Member
Quote:
You cannot fool me you forget I have seen your stuff like the avalanche you forgot to mention. Yes and I have seen the toys your 3-year old has they are simply the finest toys money can buy. You brought up your child I didnt. 3-guns wow most people dont have 2 thats rich man. I guess if you had a ferrari you could simply say "yeah I have a ferrari but its 5 years old..." when are you gonna come back to reality. Give the people their prizes.

megabyte coalition to rid the world of the GPL.
Its funny because everyone got their prizes, Ask all the teams that played and were owed prizes of they got them. Why do you care? You arent owed prizes.

Quote:
Hahahah did they pay you to say that? Because if they did your lucky that you got paid most others dont. Cash the check immediatly
I volennteerd to mod this forum. Im not getting paid.

Ex moderator
Old 04-06-2004, 05:18 PM #15
PaintballNinja
-----1 CASE = 1 KILL-----

PaintballNinja is a Supporting Member
megabyte, you've brought up like 5 threads just to say bad crap about gpl, I dont see you playing in it or them owing you any prizes, from what I've seen they had a bad year last year and they've tried to fix everything and make it right, my team will be playing the next one. and as far as him owning 3 guns, he probly gets them from sponsers, I usually have more than 3 $1000+ guns at any time and I'm poor as hell, stop hating on the man.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:00 PM #16
chewster29
FREE YAYO

megabyte, honestly when it comes down to it ur just an A**hole and **** go and hang urself immediatly. The GPL has been tryin hard to fix everything that went wrong last year, and the firs event was really well run. I hear u *****ing and moaning about the refs, were u even there? I was, and all the refs did a good job and i never once felt as tho there were not enough on the fields. U gotta just shut up man cuz ur making urself look bad, not the GPL.
HOmeLess CrusaDeR #1
GardEn StaTe GanGstAs
Old 04-06-2004, 09:07 PM #17
Cupcake

Cupcake is a Supporting Member
to chewster

i doubt mega was even able to win any prizes

Last edited by Cupcake : 04-06-2004 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:26 PM #18
PaintballNinja

Quote:
i doubt mega was even able to win any prizes
I think cupcake's figured out why he's so mad. ^^^^
Old 04-07-2004, 09:59 PM #19
IR3SHOOTER
I Drop Bombs

IR3SHOOTER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
me and my team are still waiting for our prizes where gettin ready to roll some heads if we dont get them soon and we arnt a team to mess around with we will take matters into our own hands and theres plenty of other teams ready to do the same thing
Davey Williamson Official fan club memeber # 30
gear bag blow out- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post65308588
Old 04-07-2004, 10:09 PM #20
GPL Promoter

Nobody is owed prizes and I have documention to back it up. I know you work at Captn Carls field and you are not helping his field and league by making false statements.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:10 PM #21
PaintballNinja

IR3, your busted, thats a ****ty way to get people to come to your tourney. and your team is not one to be messed w/? come register for 5 man gpl in may and my team will mess w/ you.
Closed Thread