PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2013, 02:59 PM #1
JaCkLeZz

Help needed

Hello,

I was using my gun last weekend and we had to leave in a rush so I didn't get to fully clean my gun. Gun is a Trilogy Pro. When I got home I had gone to clean my gun but as I was going to pull back the bolt, I realized that the gun was stuck in the cocked position. I had removed the trigger to see if it was blocking the hammer but that didn't work. Upon further inspection i had realized that the hammer pin has stuck against the frame of the gun. I had tried to move it but it couldn't move. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

GC

Last edited by JaCkLeZz : 01-24-2013 at 05:58 PM.
JaCkLeZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:53 PM #2
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Unscrew the hammer lug from the top of the gun after removing bolt.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:01 PM #3
JaCkLeZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
Unscrew the hammer lug from the top of the gun after removing bolt.
Hey,

I cant access the screw from the top hole. The gun is stuck in the cocked position and the hammer is pulled back. I have no way that I know of to release the hammer.

Thanks

GC
Old 01-24-2013, 06:03 PM #4
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Ok- take the cocking rod from the back - can you unscrew the retaining plug in the back. ??

978-530-6747
Old 01-24-2013, 06:41 PM #5
JaCkLeZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
Ok- take the cocking rod from the back - can you unscrew the retaining plug in the back. ??
Hey,

Yeah I removed that. But what now?

Thanks

GC
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM #6
addicted2dunes

addicted2dunes has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If your bolt is out, trigger frame is off, and back block is off and the hammer still does not go forward? If yes you may have a bent ram shaft, if no it sounds like your hammer got jammed up somehow. If so you may have to stick a wood dowel down the lower tube and gently try tapping the hammer back forward.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:47 PM #7
addicted2dunes

I've seen the hammer lugs spin loosely..... if this happened it may have spun out a little too far and jammed against the body. Once you get the hammer back forward turn the hammer lug in and remove the hammer and inspect it along with the lower tube. With the hammer out spin the lug out, does it move freely? If yes then that's not good, should have some tension behind it so it doesn't just walk around.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:52 PM #8
JaCkLeZz

Okay I'll try that now and get back to you if it works.

Thanks

GC
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM #9
JaCkLeZz

Well that didn't work. The hammer pin seems to be touching the body of the gun where the trigger releases the hammer to shoot. Hope you have and more ideas.

Thanks

GC
Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 PM #10
original_WilD

Can you take a picture of this? With the trigger frame removed from the gun there should be nothing to restrict the forward motion of the hammer. Did you get sand or something in the gun that could cause the hammer to seize in place? Other than massive corrosion or a foreign object, it's hard to imagine what might be going on here.
original_WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM #11
JaCkLeZz

http://cockerpinstuck.blogspot.ca/20...d-on-body.html
Old 01-25-2013, 11:31 AM #12
Kanadian-Kaos
Canadian, eh?

has been a member for 10 years
Kanadian-Kaos owns a Planet Eclipse Ego

WTF? Why would that be stuck? Take a hammer punch and put it against the hammer lug and try to wack it forward or backwards to loosen it. Or put an old cocking rod back in and hammer it forward with a hammer.
Kanadian-Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:58 PM #13
addicted2dunes

How far is the hammer lug from being flush with the bottom of the body..... I still think your lug spun out and locked against the body....... Last idea if you can verify the lug is what is holding, you can take a dremel and cut a slot on the hammer lug...... then use a flathead screwdriver and run it in.

DO NOT HAMMER ON THE HAMMER, IF SOMETHING IS BOUND UP AND YOU WHACK IT HARD ENOUGH YOU CAN POSSIBLY DESTROY YOUR BODY.

Last edited by addicted2dunes : 01-25-2013 at 02:01 PM.
addicted2dunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM #14
JaCkLeZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadian-Kaos View Post

WTF? Why would that be stuck? Take a hammer punch and put it against the hammer lug and try to wack it forward or backwards to loosen it. Or put an old cocking rod back in and hammer it forward with a hammer.
Hey,

The pin is touching the body and I can't even get a sheet of paper between the body and the pin.

Thanks
GC
Old 01-27-2013, 10:26 AM #15
Kanadian-Kaos
Canadian, eh?

Kanadian-Kaos owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If the lug is sticking out the bottom of the hammer, then it is not protruding on the allen key side (top of the lower tube). The lug would have to be sunken into the hammer to be hitting on the top of the tube...

Try giving it a wack. If that doesn't work then try to remove the lug.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:53 AM #16
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Maybe the spring was fatigued and got stuck between the body and the lug. It's the only piece that hasn't been questioned.

978-530-6747
Old 02-06-2013, 09:03 PM #17
-[Clown]- E

put your cocking rod back in it all the way, grab you some pliars and just yank, ive dealt with this on a couple cockers ive worked on and this is what it came down to, 1st cause was old/oxidization together 2nd cause was piece of paintshell somehow got lodged between hammer and body miraculously,

im guessing its #2, so run your gun under hottest water you have for a while and hopefully it'll melt the shell then give her a good yank,at most youll have to replace the cocking rod (not big deal)