Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2013, 01:10 AM #1
andy0009

New to pump

Hey i'm looking to get into playing pump but i don't know anything about the guns so i was wondering what are some good guns for a beginner?
andy0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 06:50 AM #2
Pbdude25
Baller

Pbdude25 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pbdude25 supports Team VICIOUS
Hey, the best place to find out info about pumps would be in the pump section.
Pbdude25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:04 AM #3
Oldandsneaky
Still My Pump Badge

Annual Supporting Member
Well, there are more informed people here to help, but my personal experience went like this: When friends at work found out I was playing paintball with my son, I was given lots of old stuff they weren't using. Included was an SL68 Tippmann. I also found a cheap Tippmann A5 semi on Craigslist that I used all the time. I started using the SL68 a little, and realized how much fun it was to pop someone "old school".

Then I found a used 2000 Autococker parts gun and converted it into a pump. I don't care how outgunned I am, I'd still rather play with that old autococker than anything else I own now, including an Angel G7 Fly.

I'm convinced I'm a becoming a better player every game. The G7 just made me sloppy, and playing that way wasn't as rewarding.

Anyway lots of great pump guns out there. Explore around the Pump Section and you'll get lots of advice.
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 AM #4
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Get pump AutoCocker, a "sniper." This is quite a nice marker and it's able to be converted to semi or electro or whatever you want (not that I recommend that). They're fairly cheap, running about $150 in the BST for an entry-level marker, and you can run them on everything (Co2 or HPA, and gravity hoppers to Rotors).
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:21 AM #5
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

cocker-pumps are very popular, its easy to find one already put together or build your own piece by piece.

theres also the empire sniper, traccer, phantoms, kingman recently released the hammer 7 which looks pretty cool and can use first strike rounds too.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:37 PM #6
andy0009

Alright thanks for ur help i'll check the pump section and check out some of this guns.
andy0009 is offline   Reply With Quote