Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 PM #1
imberiman

Ego Solenoid Repair?

So has anyone ever looked into the 05/06 along with other solenoids from their markers that have developed bad rear sections where the coil is at. Has anyone ever tried to repair them? I have successfully repaired some that had the screws cookie cut the back section. I am wondering if anyone on here has a solenoid rear section that is bad from a 05 or 06 that I could get from them and try rewrapping the coil with new wire in an attempt to see if that repairs them.

I am not doing this for money or anything just to see if it is something that can be repaired. I just dont have any 05 or 06 noids around that are bad.

Thanks
Adam

I build Dm4/5/c flow plugs. In stock ready to ship.

I do custom machining and large runs. If you are looking to have a product machined/manufactured contact me.

AIMLESS FACTORY INSIDE.
imberiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:15 PM #2
tekrob21

Lightbulb

I have been successful with repairing the solenoid on my 06 EGO. I read a lot of posts saying the wrong screws were used but they are all the same size on my frame. It is just poor design. You should not be allowed to screw them in to the point that they damage internals.

Nonetheless it IS possible to repair! If it's only the back section that is damaged (the section housing the electro-mag coil). Depending on the damage to the coil (it only takes 1 break for failure) you may not even need to rewire the entire spool. Just unwind the coil up to the damaged portion and resolder the connection. The solenoid should still be powerful enough to fire the marker.

I noticed there are a lot of people that have had this issue and the cost of the part is almost not worth it. So I'm wondering if people would want to see a walkthrough for this repair process. The solenoids are hard to get now and I know it saved me a good bit of cash.

-Rob
tekrob21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:16 AM #3
zachsdad86

this is nice.I fixed one last night but have not been able to test it yet. This gives me hope!

My WTB/Trade thread

ICDO

For God does speak—now one way, now another—though no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings Job 33:14-16
zachsdad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:47 PM #4
begginerzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekrob21 View Post
I have been successful with repairing the solenoid on my 06 EGO. I read a lot of posts saying the wrong screws were used but they are all the same size on my frame. It is just poor design. You should not be allowed to screw them in to the point that they damage internals.

Nonetheless it IS possible to repair! If it's only the back section that is damaged (the section housing the electro-mag coil). Depending on the damage to the coil (it only takes 1 break for failure) you may not even need to rewire the entire spool. Just unwind the coil up to the damaged portion and resolder the connection. The solenoid should still be powerful enough to fire the marker.

I noticed there are a lot of people that have had this issue and the cost of the part is almost not worth it. So I'm wondering if people would want to see a walkthrough for this repair process. The solenoids are hard to get now and I know it saved me a good bit of cash.

-Rob
please do add walkthrough im trying to sell mine and most people wont buy it cuz of my broken solenoid and i dont want to spend the money to replace it
begginerzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:53 AM #5
ccluff2

you can buy a brand new solenoid for $60-80. The only part specific to 05-06 egos is the spool housing, so you just buy a new similar model solenoid from asco and just switch over the spool housing and soldier the ego connector onto the new solenoid wires. The solenoid will be esentially brand new for $60-80 and there is an endless supply of them.(as long as you have/keep the ego style spool housing from your old ego noid to swap over to the new solenoid)

I would never pay the 150-160 PE wants for a new ego 06 noid, thats just rediculous and it's taking advantage of people who don't know how to easily fix what they have.

WEBSITE COMMING SOON...
ccluff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:13 PM #6
superswole

05 Ego repair

Ok I got 2-3 bad end parts that got screwed into. My dad owners a very large electronics manufactoring fac. They have all kind of experts at soldering. Someone give me some more info on what needs to be done and I'll post pics and results on how it goes. Thanx
superswole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:01 PM #7
ccluff2

I just looked over a rear section closer and its permanently glued shut. you could cut it open if you had fine tools but you could easily make the problem worse buy cutting in the wrong spot. The rear section is already ruined as is so it can't hurt to try and fix it. I would suggest removing the spool housing and pilot housing before working on the coil housing. There are 2 pins on either side about 1mm behind the little chrome ball that need to be pressed out from the bottom to remove the pilot housing.

WEBSITE COMMING SOON...
ccluff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:45 PM #8
superswole

solenoid repair

Ok mine wasnt glue and took me about 5 min to take apart. Yep back of coil has some broken wires. Its off to the pros and get back to you in a day or two. thanx
superswole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:25 PM #9
empire1122 (Banned)
professional rapist

empire1122 is playing at Living Legends III
empire1122 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
empire1122 supports Team VICIOUS
empire1122 is for the Gunfight
empire1122 posts videos on PbNation
empire1122 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I fixed one with a ****load of lube and teflon and a little medical tape haha.
empire1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:27 PM #10
TetsusaigaDrgn

im getting my so-called "broken solenoid" back from the pro shop next week. i work with a person that has 2 masters and 1 phd in electrical engineering.

im going to fnd out from him whether the solenoid can be fixed. he said that fixing could be as easy as rewinding the coil.

manufacturers like planet eclispe and dye are killing the sport for charging so much for a solenoid, which should really only cost $50 max to replace. i hope they go out of business.
TetsusaigaDrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:27 PM #11
96 Ls lnteg
Hola

Annual Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
96 Ls lnteg is a Paintball photographer
96 Ls lnteg owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Wouldnt this one work?

http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/mercha...Code=SOLENOIDS

Edit: might work
Old 05-13-2011, 08:39 PM #12
empire1122v2 (Banned)
2k7er

empire1122v2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
empire1122v2 posts videos on PbNation
I fixed a leaking etek 1 noid with screw damage. Greased it and put medical tape and teflon tape on certain parts until it worked.
empire1122v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:57 PM #13
d!cky_crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Ls lnteg View Post
Wouldnt this one work?

http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/mercha...Code=SOLENOIDS

Edit: might work
ill tell you in about a week or so... i just ordered one.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:43 PM #14
d!cky_crowe

so i got a few pm's about the solenoid from airsoldier. i recieved it but the two main problems like was mentioned previously... the housing is a little different. but that is an easy fix. just take a file and smooth the wire connection housing down flat and then either solder the wires on or use elec. tape like they do when you buy it stock. as for the molex connector at the end of the two wires that connects to the board, you can do one of two things. first, you can take your old wires that have the white clip on it and solder those to the new wires that come on the new solenoid. OR you can easily get these at fry's or some other electronic and computer stores (thats where i got mine, i was a dummy and tried to take them off the old wires and transfer over to the new ones... dont do that.. it dont work) the last thing i ran into was that with the forward part of the solenoidon the bottom of the old one there are five holes (apx.) and on the new one there are 3 (apx.) i dont know the exact # because i dont have it in front of me right now. but what i did was took the back end of the new one and replaced it for the old (broken) one. luckily i didnt puncture the front end of the old one so i was able to use it still. this was easily done by removing the 2 silver clips on either sid of the solenoid. this holds the front and back end together. then ones i swapped them i just replaced the silver clips. I dont know what affect the fewer holes would have on the operation of the marker but i personally didnt want to try it since i didnt need to. yeeeeeee... B-)
Old 11-18-2011, 03:00 PM #15
ericEEE325
Still kicking

ericEEE325 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by d!cky_crowe View Post
so i got a few pm's about the solenoid from airsoldier. i recieved it but the two main problems like was mentioned previously... the housing is a little different. but that is an easy fix. just take a file and smooth the wire connection housing down flat and then either solder the wires on or use elec. tape like they do when you buy it stock. as for the molex connector at the end of the two wires that connects to the board, you can do one of two things. first, you can take your old wires that have the white clip on it and solder those to the new wires that come on the new solenoid. OR you can easily get these at fry's or some other electronic and computer stores (thats where i got mine, i was a dummy and tried to take them off the old wires and transfer over to the new ones... dont do that.. it dont work) the last thing i ran into was that with the forward part of the solenoidon the bottom of the old one there are five holes (apx.) and on the new one there are 3 (apx.) i dont know the exact # because i dont have it in front of me right now. but what i did was took the back end of the new one and replaced it for the old (broken) one. luckily i didnt puncture the front end of the old one so i was able to use it still. this was easily done by removing the 2 silver clips on either sid of the solenoid. this holds the front and back end together. then ones i swapped them i just replaced the silver clips. I dont know what affect the fewer holes would have on the operation of the marker but i personally didnt want to try it since i didnt need to. yeeeeeee... B-)
nice work.
Basically you used the back half of the new (Airsoldier) solenoid and front half of old (Ego stock) solenoid.
1, How was the connection between the two halves?
2, Have you tested it with air?
Old 11-18-2011, 04:07 PM #16
GrAzIaNo
Faded

has been a member for 10 years
didnt deadlywind make a thread on useing some completely diffrent noids to power some of his ego 5/6/7. If I remember correctly...flash and nicky T posted in the thread at some point.
GrAzIaNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:38 PM #17
ericEEE325
Still kicking

ericEEE325 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAzIaNo View Post
didnt deadlywind make a thread on useing some completely diffrent noids to power some of his ego 5/6/7. If I remember correctly...flash and nicky T posted in the thread at some point.
Interesting, searching now. lmk if you come across those thread/threads.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:49 PM #18
d!cky_crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericEEE325 View Post
nice work.
Basically you used the back half of the new (Airsoldier) solenoid and front half of old (Ego stock) solenoid.
1, How was the connection between the two halves?
2, Have you tested it with air?
Yes. the connection was perfect. no problems with that. i used air on it last night. shoots fine and no leaks. I can now confidently say that it worked for me. the last test will be actually playing with it. but as far as i can tell. it worked fine. shoots and no leaks.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:39 PM #19
d!cky_crowe

Field test done. I have used it to play twice now. Worked fine for me. If it doesn't work for you its ur fault. I'm bot responsible for you breaking ur gun (im saying that just in case) again it has worked and is working for me. Buy it and use it as a parts piece. I did NOT do a straight swap. I only used the pieces I needed from the new solenoid. Any questions. U can pm me.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 PM #20
greatsoccerman

Did you ever fix the coil?
greatsoccerman is offline   Reply With Quote