PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 PM #43
paintball is in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat7 View Post
Now that we can stop tiptoeing around the issue, its obvious that you have an issue with the viper organization having multiple teams in the same bracket (even though there are other teams/organizations entering with multiple teams).

The reason I have a "problem" with, for instance, all the Viper teams in the same bracket, is because we already play against each other every weekend. So if we play against each other every weekend, why would we pay a lot of money to do the same thing at a tourney? We, just like every other team, goes to a tourney to play other teams we don't usually see and find out who the best is.

Now if the seeding so happens for all of the Viper teams to be in the same bracket, then so be it. But purposely putting all the same organization's teams in the same bracket is ridiculous. Yes, the more teams an organization puts into a tournament equals a greater probability of that organization taking home a win as a whole. But its not like we, or any other team, puts 3 lines of the same 10 guys in and you have to beat the same 10 players 3+ times. Each line has a different group of players.

Having more teams = more games (usually). Which everyone should be happy about. And NO, sorry if it hurts anyones feelings, but every team is not going to win. These tournaments are getting more and more competitive and I think the majority of players would be happy about that. It's getting harder to win, but that pushes the sport forward and the players in Florida to get better and really fight to win a tourney.

It does not "upset" me to see multiple teams affiliated with the same organization in the same bracket, but it simply does not make sense. The only reason you have for wanting it this way is so you have a greater chance to win. The only "fair" way to do this is for it to be random, which it is. I don't think anyone should have a problem with random bracketing or seeded bracketing.

I'm not trying to be aggressive or fight with you, I am simply being assertive. I really wish your team and everyone else's team good luck this weekend. Definitely a fantastic turnout and CFPS is always a competitive and fun time.
"tiptoeing around the issue" "issue with the viper organization having multiple teams in the same bracket (even though there are other teams/organizations entering with multiple teams)."

Which teams dude??? your organization is the only one putting in three teams..

Viper teams in the same bracket, is because we already play against each other every weekend. So if we play against each other every weekend, why would we pay a lot of money to do the same thing at a tourney? Because if the rules say you cant you cant.... AGAIN my question was to John asking if there's a rule and if so what does the rule state, if there's no rule you can do what you want...
Old 02-07-2013, 06:19 PM #44
paintball is in me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OcK-WivMW4

2:42... good job getting away with a major
Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM #45
SupportinYou
FSSSB

SupportinYou plays in the PSP
SupportinYou is playing at Living Legends V
SupportinYou owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SupportinYou posts videos on PbNation
SupportinYou is Legendary
It seems that a huge argument always breaks out every time you post. For everyone's sake, please just stop posting and contact John directly.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 PM #46
paintball is in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupportinYou View Post
It seems that a huge argument always breaks out every time you post. For everyone's sake, please just stop posting and contact John directly.
Dude i asked a simple question and everyone started adding comments...
Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 PM #47
SoFlaBaller
2k4

Dude- it's been answered 10 different ways for you. STFU
Old 02-07-2013, 07:43 PM #48
eternalmergy
The Hindu Hammer

eternalmergy is a Paintball photographer
eternalmergy plays in the PSP
eternalmergy donated to help Peyton Trent
eternalmergy posts videos on PbNation
eternalmergy plays in the APPA D2 division
eternalmergy is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
eternalmergy is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball is in me View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OcK-WivMW4

2:42... good job getting away with a major
how does this pertain to anything in this thread? please stop trying to make a fuss.

your question has been answered by multiple people in this thread.

quit.
kthanksbye

Central Florida Paintball

>Redline Media<
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 PM #49
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops