Trall85 plays in the PSP
Trall85 plays in the APPA D4 division
Trall85 is Legendary
Trall85 supports Empire
Trall85 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaBaller View Post
You sir made me laugh! Well played!

Honestly, just play the event and enjoy it Everyone.
|SPONSORS|
EMPIRE | RPS | NINJA | GARMENT GEAR | RAZA | EKK
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 PM #23
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Splat7 supports Team VICIOUS
Splat7 plays in the APPA D3 division
Why would it make sense to put 3 teams part of the same organization in the same bracket? It would be like practice for them, not a tournament. That isn't fun for anyone... if that organization happens to be really good, then instead of blaming your loss on the bracketing, you should probably go to the field and practice a bit more.

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

2011 CFPS Series Champions D4X
2012 CFPS Series Champions D4X
Old 02-06-2013, 05:39 PM #24
zerokai
Palm Beach Vipers

zerokai is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
zerokai plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVegas View Post
In case you haven't realized this is the start of the NEW 2013 CFPS Season. There are no rankings at this point unless you played an event that no one else was invited to play in. With that being said IMO, sister teams should be placed in the same bracket to elimnate division stacking. It's only fair to the other teams that are competing in the event(s).

I relaize that John utilizes a "modified" PSP rule book for the CFPS, however, starting off the 2013 CFPS with 16 disgruntled teams for placing sister teams in different brakets would be bad for business. Don't you think?

You can bet this will raise a lot of concern or hasn't already done so. Let's see how the Smiths handle this situation. It will be rather interesting to say the least.
Silly me for thinking that responding on PBN to be helpful wouldn't rile up those who have already prepared thier reasons for being disgrungtled even before playing the event.

Terribly sorry if my reply was not up to your expectations. But just for the record I am well aware of the fact that this is the first event. I am also aware that the schedule and bracket seeding is not (or at least should not be) controlled by an event promoter. That's what the APPA software, ID and ranking system is desgined for. And in this case last seasons ranking can, if the promotor so choses, be included in the new season rankings. This removes any implication of bias or impropriety by the event staff. But make sure you add that to your list of things to be disgruntled about when things dont go your way.

Also, in case you were wondering this isn't my first rodeo, I've been to a couple events.

Sorry if your teams end up in the same bracket, thats sometimes one of the unfortunate happenings when you have multiple teams in the same division. And I also agree that I have never heard anyone ever complain about it in the past. I certainly haven't.

Win or lose to any team, including my own, we will be there to have fun and play.
Palm Beach Venom - 2012 PSP Galveston Island Open, World Cup and World Series Division Three Champions

www.palmbeachvipers.com
www.EmpirePaintballl.com
Old 02-06-2013, 05:44 PM #25
eternalmergy
The Hindu Hammer

eternalmergy is a Paintball photographer
eternalmergy plays in the PSP
eternalmergy donated to help Peyton Trent
eternalmergy posts videos on PbNation
eternalmergy plays in the APPA D2 division
eternalmergy is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
eternalmergy is Boss
Well said Ken

Central Florida Paintball

>Redline Media<
Old 02-06-2013, 08:11 PM #26
AVegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaBaller View Post

Two worst threads ever in the cfps section, and you started both of them. Then made another name to post in your own thread. You're clearly not going to win this weekend either. Just get over it, stop making excuses and try to enjoy the event.

No one forces you to sign up.

Negative! That is not me. I honestly appreciate your efforts in attempting to proving me wrong after each one of my rebuttals has silenced you and the other guy posting. However, I will repeat myself that is NOT me. I have this ID and this ID alone.

GG!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM #27
SoFlaBaller
2k4

No. You just continue to prove you have no idea what you're talking about. APPA > you. That's pretty much the end of it.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 PM #28
pbizlife

pbizlife plays in the PSP
pbizlife posts videos on PbNation
/thread
Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM #29
pbbliss
Philippians 4:13

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pbbliss plays in the PSP
pbbliss supports Team VICIOUS
pbbliss plays in the APPA D2 division
pbbliss supports Empire
pbbliss is All In
pbbliss is All In
for the D6 and D5 brackets, those are obviously really new / beginner teams who, in my opinion, have a lot more to worry about than stacking divisions. Those are new teams with no real prior history to carry over seeding points from the prior season and should be snake seeded alphabetically Unless APPA draw does have some record of past history to seed them by.

The D4 and D3 teams should have enough history for most of the squads to be snake seeded into brackets as the APPA rules states.

BUT in all fairness - at the first event of 2013 - why is it fair for the squads with 2, 3, 4 teams to all be put into one bracket and only 1 gets to advance? That doesn't make any sense either. They all paid their entry fee and i think it would stink that they have to knock each other out of contention in the prelims than at least until the quarter or semis.

Now AFTER the first event, and all the teams are seeded accordingly then sometimes the chips fall where they fall.
Strange Fan #196
Tampa Bay Damage #63
Old 02-06-2013, 10:32 PM #30
paintball is in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbliss View Post
for the D6 and D5 brackets, those are obviously really new / beginner teams who, in my opinion, have a lot more to worry about than stacking divisions. Those are new teams with no real prior history to carry over seeding points from the prior season and should be snake seeded alphabetically Unless APPA draw does have some record of past history to seed them by.

The D4 and D3 teams should have enough history for most of the squads to be snake seeded into brackets as the APPA rules states.

BUT in all fairness - at the first event of 2013 - why is it fair for the squads with 2, 3, 4 teams to all be put into one bracket and only 1 gets to advance? That doesn't make any sense either. They all paid their entry fee and i think it would stink that they have to knock each other out of contention in the prelims than at least until the quarter or semis.

Now AFTER the first event, and all the teams are seeded accordingly then sometimes the chips fall where they fall.
Wow finally someone that can make a good point without fighting... thank you thats all im say if after this event sis team are in different bracket then no one can say **** cause the point did it... but not the first event dude..

To the Viper player that have add there comments here stop taking **** so personal, if anything the owner of your teams should tell John to put you in the same bracket
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 PM #31
igotbanned-ibra5
I ball

igotbanned-ibra5 plays in the PSP
igotbanned-ibra5 posts videos on PbNation
igotbanned-ibra5 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball is in me View Post
Wow finally someone that can make a good point without fighting... thank you thats all im say if after this event sis team are in different bracket then no one can say **** cause the point did it... but not the first event dude..

To the Viper player that have add there comments here stop taking **** so personal, if anything the owner of your teams should tell John to put you in the same bracket

He is not a player he is PBV.

Ken is giving you an answer when you asked for one. If you only wanna hear what you like then don't ask.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:35 PM #32
eternalmergy
The Hindu Hammer

eternalmergy is a Paintball photographer
eternalmergy plays in the PSP
eternalmergy donated to help Peyton Trent
eternalmergy posts videos on PbNation
eternalmergy plays in the APPA D2 division
eternalmergy is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
eternalmergy is Boss
lmao

Central Florida Paintball

>Redline Media<
Old 02-06-2013, 11:46 PM #33
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Quote:

I still don't understand why the idea of "sister teams" in different brackets upsets you so much.

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 AM #34
amofop

amofop plays in the PSP
amofop plays in the APPA D4 division
amofop supports DLX Technology
Just my two cents but I really don't care who I play against when brackets are made... I go out there to be the best... Only way is to beat the best. If they are ranked in my division ill play them. i dont care what jerseys they wear. So bring it on. *rambo music playing in the background*

Just play paintball.

WTB BACKUP SET UP
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post79063791
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM #35
paintball is in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat7 View Post
I still don't understand why the idea of "sister teams" in different brackets upsets you so much.
And i don't understand why the idea of "Viper Teams" in the same brackets upsets you so much

I wouldnt think you would agree since its your team... but i guess we'll see what John thinks and go from there...

Everyone is free to think what they like dude
Old 02-07-2013, 01:19 PM #36
himynameisrobert

himynameisrobert plays in the PSP
himynameisrobert owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
himynameisrobert supports Team VICIOUS
himynameisrobert plays in the APPA D4 division
himynameisrobert has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
himynameisrobert has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My IQ just jumped off a cliff, along with my hope for humanity.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:26 PM #37
SoFlaBaller
2k4

Quote:
And i don't understand why the idea of "Viper Teams" in the same brackets upsets you so much

I wouldnt think you would agree since its your team... but i guess we'll see what John thinks and go from there...

Yeah, and your opinion means jack **** since you don't know what you are talking about. John pays APPA for a reason. Every legitimate league uses APPA for a reason.

I wish you would've been around pre-appa... I can only imagine the whiney posts from you about sandbagging. If you're worried about losing, sit on the sideline with a binky in your mouth.

Can't blame the refs and brackets every time..

PBV and whatever team you play on are not the first organizations with multiple teams to enter the same division. It's happened every year, almost every event.

Last edited by SoFlaBaller : 02-07-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:43 PM #38
ITZ OPIE
The one and only!

ITZ OPIE plays in the PSP
ITZ OPIE donated to help Peyton Trent
ITZ OPIE plays in the APPA D3 division
Old 02-07-2013, 03:21 PM #39
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Quote:

Now that we can stop tiptoeing around the issue, its obvious that you have an issue with the viper organization having multiple teams in the same bracket (even though there are other teams/organizations entering with multiple teams).

The reason I have a "problem" with, for instance, all the Viper teams in the same bracket, is because we already play against each other every weekend. So if we play against each other every weekend, why would we pay a lot of money to do the same thing at a tourney? We, just like every other team, goes to a tourney to play other teams we don't usually see and find out who the best is.

Now if the seeding so happens for all of the Viper teams to be in the same bracket, then so be it. But purposely putting all the same organization's teams in the same bracket is ridiculous. Yes, the more teams an organization puts into a tournament equals a greater probability of that organization taking home a win as a whole. But its not like we, or any other team, puts 3 lines of the same 10 guys in and you have to beat the same 10 players 3+ times. Each line has a different group of players.

Having more teams = more games (usually). Which everyone should be happy about. And NO, sorry if it hurts anyones feelings, but every team is not going to win. These tournaments are getting more and more competitive and I think the majority of players would be happy about that. It's getting harder to win, but that pushes the sport forward and the players in Florida to get better and really fight to win a tourney.

It does not "upset" me to see multiple teams affiliated with the same organization in the same bracket, but it simply does not make sense. The only reason you have for wanting it this way is so you have a greater chance to win. The only "fair" way to do this is for it to be random, which it is. I don't think anyone should have a problem with random bracketing or seeded bracketing.

I'm not trying to be aggressive or fight with you, I am simply being assertive. I really wish your team and everyone else's team good luck this weekend. Definitely a fantastic turnout and CFPS is always a competitive and fun time.

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

Old 02-07-2013, 03:51 PM #40
Paintball Jefe

wow i just got smacktalk paintball flash back...."itz opie" flying lawn mower... is that a real video? lol
Old 02-07-2013, 03:59 PM #41
Mike Grenade

Mike Grenade is a Paintball photographer
Old 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM #42
Paintball Jefe

lmao
Closed Thread