Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM #1
paintball is in me
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Teams with multi squads question...John Help

John/CFP,

Want happens when you have teams with the same owner in the same DIV that enter more than one squad? do you put them to go against each other?

Last edited by paintball is in me : 02-06-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: error
paintball is in me is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2013, 12:42 PM #2
paintball is in me
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball is in me View Post
John/CFP,

Want happens when you have teams with the same owner in the same DIV that enter more than one squad? do you put them to go against each other?
Are there any PSP guidelines on this?
paintball is in me is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 PM #3
zerokai
Palm Beach Vipers
 
zerokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
zerokai is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
zerokai plays in the PSP
Schedules are based on seeding points and other variables detailed in the PSP rule book. John has no control of the draw.
__________________
Palm Beach Vipers
Palm Beach Venom - 2010 PSP Phoenix Divison One Champions
Palm Beach Viper Kids - 2010 PSP Division Three World Cup Champions - 2012 CFPS Series Champions
Palm Beach Venom - 2012 PSP Galveston Island Open, World Cup and World Series Division Three Champions


www.palmbeachvipers.com
www.EmpirePaintballl.com
zerokai is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM #4
AVegas
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
really PBV.. that's your answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerokai View Post
Schedules are based on seeding points and other variables detailed in the PSP rule book. John has no control of the draw.
In case you haven't realized this is the start of the NEW 2013 CFPS Season. There are no rankings at this point unless you played an event that no one else was invited to play in. With that being said IMO, sister teams should be placed in the same bracket to elimnate division stacking. It's only fair to the other teams that are competing in the event(s).

I relaize that John utilizes a "modified" PSP rule book for the CFPS, however, starting off the 2013 CFPS with 16 disgruntled teams for placing sister teams in different brakets would be bad for business. Don't you think?

You can bet this will raise a lot of concern or hasn't already done so. Let's see how the Smiths handle this situation. It will be rather interesting to say the least.
AVegas is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 01:37 PM #5
Tw1st3d 1
No Rum?
 
Tw1st3d 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Florida
Seriously? I've never once heard a complaint from any CFPS teams about how the draw went because of "stacking" a division.
Tw1st3d 1 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 01:48 PM #6
eternalmergy
The Hindu Hammer
 
eternalmergy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: americas wang
eternalmergy is a Paintball photographer
eternalmergy plays in the PSP
eternalmergy donated to help Peyton Trent
eternalmergy posts videos on PbNation
eternalmergy plays in the APPA D2 division
eternalmergy is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
eternalmergy is Boss
same. appa makes the schedules.
i havent heard of any team complaining about this before either.
__________________
Redline
RIP Opie.
RIP Odin.

Central Florida Paintball


>Redline Media<
eternalmergy is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 01:51 PM #7
ITZ OPIE
The one and only!
 
ITZ OPIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
ITZ OPIE plays in the PSP
ITZ OPIE donated to help Peyton Trent
ITZ OPIE plays in the APPA D3 division
No ones heard this complaint because its a non-existent problem.
__________________
My signature would **** your signature up.
ITZ OPIE is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM #8
Trall85
Eat all the things!!
 
Trall85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Panama City, FL
Annual Supporting Member
Trall85 plays in the PSP
Trall85 plays in the APPA D4 division
Trall85 is Legendary
Trall85 supports Empire
Trall85 is All In
Play who you play and play them like you wuld anyone else, regardless of who the team is. In the end its YOUR team that won or lost.
__________________
MacDevMilitia
Aggressivesports.net: All your MacDev needs
P.C. Katana / Katana Senshi
|SPONSORS|
EMPIRE | RPS | NINJA | GARMENT GEAR | RAZA | EKK
Trall85 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM #9
paintball is in me
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw1st3d 1 View Post
Seriously? I've never once heard a complaint from any CFPS teams about how the draw went because of "stacking" a division.
I have never seen three sis teams in the same div... I'm asking the question cause I want to know and other teams at CFP Sunday also talking about it... its a simple question

Not sure why folks are making a big deal about a simple question.... I truly donít believe having 3 sis team in different brackets would be a good idea but that just the way I feel..my question is about the rule if any that all
paintball is in me is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:42 PM #10
SoFlaBaller
2k4
 
SoFlaBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Denver
Dude- the best team will win, who gives a **** about sister teams and what brackets they're in...
__________________
Florida State University
"dont even try it bro"
SoFlaBaller is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 PM #11
AVegas
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaBaller View Post
Dude- the best team will win, who gives a **** about sister teams and what brackets they're in...

You're right the best team will win. Some people are looking to keep a sense of fairness and equality with regards to all aspects of the sport. Or should we allow simple minded people like you to conitune to tranish the sport.
AVegas is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM #12
Tw1st3d 1
No Rum?
 
Tw1st3d 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball is in me View Post
I have never seen three sis teams in the same div... I'm asking the question cause I want to know and other teams at CFP Sunday also talking about it... its a simple question

Not sure why folks are making a big deal about a simple question.... I truly donít believe having 3 sis team in different brackets would be a good idea but that just the way I feel..my question is about the rule if any that all
You must be new here then. There have been plenty of events in the past where there have been multiple "sister" teams in the same division. And not one person complained about it, because it's a non issue. If anyone here is making a big deal out of something simple, it's you. The best team will win, regardless of how many of the same teams you have to play. Stop whining about something that doesn't matter.
Tw1st3d 1 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM #13
SoFlaBaller
2k4
 
SoFlaBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVegas View Post
You're right the best team will win. Some people are looking to keep a sense of fairness and equality with regards to all aspects of the sport. Or should we allow simple minded people like you to conitune to tranish the sport.

What exactly do you think the point of APPA is?
Jackass.
__________________
Florida State University
"dont even try it bro"
SoFlaBaller is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 PM #14
AVegas
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaBaller View Post
What exactly do you think the point of APPA is?
Jackass.
Hey Jackass, the last time I checked there has never been an "official" representative at these events. Even at national events, anything player related is handedled by the PSP, not the APPA. The APPA is a datbase of player/team information and classification.

Also there are two rule books; the PSP Rule book and the John Smith "Modified" PSP Rule book.

Get your facts straight... Jackass
AVegas is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:58 PM #15
Tw1st3d 1
No Rum?
 
Tw1st3d 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Florida
The Johns modify the format, not the rule book. Maybe you should get your facts straight.
Tw1st3d 1 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:00 PM #16
Mike Grenade
 
Mike Grenade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Mike Grenade is a Paintball photographer
Sister teams are required to face off in a round of fisticuffs

it's right there in the book
Mike Grenade is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:02 PM #17
AVegas
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
The "format" is part of the PSP rule book. Your point is now moot
AVegas is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:06 PM #18
Tw1st3d 1
No Rum?
 
Tw1st3d 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVegas View Post
The "format" is part of the PSP rule book. Your point is now moot
Incorrect. There isn't a single mention of format anywhere in the entire PSP rulebook.
Tw1st3d 1 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:15 PM #19
AVegas
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
The following (taken directly from the PSP rule book) are regards to "FORMAT"

4. Match Structure
5. Scoring
6. Ranking and Seeding*
7. Tournament Structure
AVegas is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:55 PM #20
SoFlaBaller
2k4
 
SoFlaBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVegas View Post
Hey Jackass, the last time I checked there has never been an "official" representative at these events. Even at national events, anything player related is handedled by the PSP, not the APPA. The APPA is a datbase of player/team information and classification.

Also there are two rule books; the PSP Rule book and the John Smith "Modified" PSP Rule book.

Get your facts straight... Jackass


Two worst threads ever in the cfps section, and you started both of them. Then made another name to post in your own thread. You're clearly not going to win this weekend either. Just get over it, stop making excuses and try to enjoy the event.

No one forces you to sign up.

__________________
Florida State University
"dont even try it bro"
SoFlaBaller is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:59 PM #21
eternalmergy
The Hindu Hammer
 
eternalmergy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: americas wang
eternalmergy is a Paintball photographer
eternalmergy plays in the PSP
eternalmergy donated to help Peyton Trent
eternalmergy posts videos on PbNation
eternalmergy plays in the APPA D2 division
eternalmergy is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
eternalmergy is Boss
whatever your schedule will be, it wont be changed, its not made by the venue.
next event depending on how you/your teams played will determine if you play your sister teams.

the venue dosent make the schuedule, its done through APPA if im correct. as the seasons progress your schedules will change.

I have also put teams in where they play each other, its not a big deal.
__________________
Redline
RIP Opie.
RIP Odin.

Central Florida Paintball


>Redline Media<
eternalmergy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump