Full Time Tape Head

Does bf3 count?
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2013, 05:41 PM #23
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Plus you sure as **** never see mass bundle deals or anything near the quality and quantity of holiday sales with console games. In fact, most games get pulled from the shelf by the time they hit $20. The only $10 games you find are bargain bin pieces of trash based on Pixar movies.

The budget market for console games has always been filled with the supply of used games. Eliminating that destroys your base of casual gamers that are far more likely to purchase a new game from your franchise after they happen to play a used, rented, or borrowed copy.

It's ****-tarded and they are narrowing their sales strictly to the hardcore gamers that are dedicated and impatient enough to buy a game the moment it releases at full price, when they don't even comprise the majority of the total market.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

XBL - xStonedCrow
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:49 PM #24
AxeCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
Plus you sure as **** never see mass bundle deals or anything near the quality and quantity of holiday sales with console games. In fact, most games get pulled from the shelf by the time they hit $20. The only $10 games you find are bargain bin pieces of trash based on Pixar movies.

The budget market for console games has always been filled with the supply of used games. Eliminating that destroys your base of casual gamers that are far more likely to purchase a new game from your franchise after they happen to play a used, rented, or borrowed copy.

It's ****-tarded and they are narrowing their sales strictly to the hardcore gamers that are dedicated and impatient enough to buy a game the moment it releases at full price, when they don't even comprise the majority of the total market.
That feel when you buy everything by rockstar (including GTA 1 to 4) ever for $30
AxeCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 PM #25
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
Honestly, I'd say the always online is a much more bigger issue. What if I can't access online or the server crashes, are you telling me that I can't play my games at all if their tied to system?

Imagine if dye releases a DM 14, but in order for it to turn on has to be hooked up only to a rotor, a dye throttle tank, and ultralite barrel. If none of those parts are present, then the marker cannot function. What do you think the reaction would be for most players?

It's mind boggling imo. I don't have to go online just to use my laptop for other things, so why should I do the same for playing games?
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:09 PM #26
Burn0ut_bill

Burn0ut_bill plays in the PSP
Burn0ut_bill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Burn0ut_bill plays in the APPA D4 division
I can't get broadband where I live. So will the next Xbox not even work for me?

MWXL
Burn0ut_bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM #27
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeCop View Post
That feel when you buy everything by rockstar (including GTA 1 to 4) ever for $30
IIRC I got all the GTA's on Steam for 12.79

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM #28
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

PaInTeRjOe_BkO is reppin' sidebar 4 life
This seems to me like a huge and most likely false rumor. There's no way they're ready to do this, Gamestop is still a huge company that supports not only Microsoft but other companies (Sony, Nintendo, Gameinformer.) Gamestop would go under, Target would lose a **** ton of sales along with any other game-selling store. I feel like this would just not be a solid decision for Microsoft, which I feel is pretty good at making business decisions. Maybe in the future when the CD is just rooted out entirely, maybe not this next-gen but next next gen?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 PM #29
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaInTeRjOe_BkO View Post
This seems to me like a huge and most likely false rumor. There's no way they're ready to do this, Gamestop is still a huge company that supports not only Microsoft but other companies (Sony, Nintendo, Gameinformer.) Gamestop would go under, Target would lose a **** ton of sales along with any other game-selling store. I feel like this would just not be a solid decision for Microsoft, which I feel is pretty good at making business decisions. Maybe in the future when the CD is just rooted out entirely, maybe not this next-gen but next next gen?
This is what people said when Steam came out. Now everybody loves steam.

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 PM #30
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
This is what people said when Steam came out. Now everybody loves steam.
Yeah but I don't think PC had such a large market when steam came out, at least when it came to hard copies. But I suppose you're right. I mean when MP3 came out, Sam Goody and other stores like it went out of business. So who knows. I just don't think it'd be a wise choice, they'll lose a lot of sales.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:16 PM #31
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Quote:
Yeah but I don't think PC had such a large market when steam came out, at least when it came to hard copies.
You're kidding, right?

I remember the days when EB used to be packed with PC games. Literally an entire wall of its own. Now? A few copies of Diablo and WoW behind the counter and a few dozen games squeezed onto a rack between DS accessories.

Best Buy and Circuit City became the ONLY place where you could consistently find hardcopies of PC games. The latter yielded me a pretty baller library for next to nothing when it went out of business.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

XBL - xStonedCrow

Last edited by komodo_117 : 02-07-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM #32
MutR.
Shut up.

Quote:
Yeah but I don't think PC had such a large market when steam came out, at least when it came to hard copies. But I suppose you're right. I mean when MP3 came out, Sam Goody and other stores like it went out of business. So who knows. I just don't think it'd be a wise choice, they'll lose a lot of sales.
they lose more sales now because of people buying used. The game developers see none of the money made on used copies.

Going digital also allows them to offer bundle deals and sales like steam does. Those used game buyers would become the buyers who wait for their sales or bundles. That money would go into their pocket in stead of gamestops pocket, allowing the opportunity for even more frequent sales, etc..

Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 PM #33
Citizen X
Very Varenyam

Annual Supporting Member
Citizen X is a Forum Captain
Always-online, though not really an issue for me, is pretty weak. Sometimes, my router doesn't work or my signal can get choppy. I hope this isn't true, but I don't think I'll be too eager to buy anything MS releases in the near future.

A new kinect is useless to me as I still think the idea behind it has always been retarded. I don't want to be the controller.

Since the last three or four big fall updates, I've hated what the UI has become. It's just one billboard after another. The 360 is actually inconvenient to play games on now, which is the only reason I bought it in the first place. I haven't turned it on in months. Halo 4 is still in its packaging...

Whether this is true or not, I'm more excited for Sony's event on the 20th. I'm much more interested to see the direction they head with the PS4.
Citizen X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:00 PM #34
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
Quote:
they lose more sales now because of people buying used. The game developers see none of the money made on used copies.
The easy fix to this would be to have cdkeys with consolegames, register the game to your console account. Done.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
FS Random Markerbundle FS
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 AM #35
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen X View Post
I'm much more interested to see the direction they head with the PS4.
From what I've been seeing, you're looking at nearly the exact same prospects.

With the added bonus of no backwards compatibility.

But that could all be horse**** as well.

XBL - xStonedCrow
Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 AM #36
MutR.
Shut up.

ive heard rumors of the ps4 allowing you to record gameplay. this will be cool for youtube commentators.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 AM #37
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
aside from the fact that games are cheaper while not always being online-only, the reason steam works is because all you need is a pc+internet connection to access it.

What if the xbox 1080, ps5 is released with similar function? Would the servers of the 720 and ps4 be shutoff forever? I could take my old NES, pop in a game and it would still run like it did almost 20 years ago. Could you say the same thing about the 720/ps4 down the line?
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:53 AM #38
automagsrule
LOIC

I believe we are on the verge of a major revolution in console gaming like Hollywood saw with the death of the studio system in the 50s

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 PM #39
Pwned6911
Erin Go Bragh

If they make it online only I won't be buying it. That is just stupid. What if I don't want to pay for/can't afford Xbox Live? What if I just want to use my video game system as a ****ing video game system like my PS2, Gamecube, N64, etc?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:40 PM #40
MutR.
Shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwned6911 View Post
If they make it online only I won't be buying it. That is just stupid. What if I don't want to pay for/can't afford Xbox Live? What if I just want to use my video game system as a ****ing video game system like my PS2, Gamecube, N64, etc?
Buy the ps4. free internet.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:30 PM #41
AxeCop

Quote:
Buy the ps4. free internet.
We don't know if that will be free yet.

And if Microsoft does do always online for the next xbox, if there is no free service, then I seriously doubt it succeeding.
AxeCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:42 PM #42
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
You're kidding, right?

I remember the days when EB used to be packed with PC games. Literally an entire wall of its own. Now? A few copies of Diablo and WoW behind the counter and a few dozen games squeezed onto a rack between DS accessories.

Best Buy and Circuit City became the ONLY place where you could consistently find hardcopies of PC games. The latter yielded me a pretty baller library for next to nothing when it went out of business.
I never remembered a whole wall at EB or Gamestop dedicated to PC. Only just a double-sided rack. Idk to me it always seemed like hard copies of PC games were harder to come by. Probably because they couldn't sell them back used to the store.