Old 02-07-2013, 07:51 AM #43
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernchdrank View Post
Good morning ladies!!
Morning ****.

Where you been. I know you go hoes in every area code, but don't ignore yer bros!!

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 AM #44
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is playing at Living Legends VII
Pump Scout supports Team VICIOUS
Pump Scout is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
Are you on doomsday preppers?
Nope, just what I happen to have on hand. Part of it is that I've always been a firearms guy. I wanted an AK, so I picked one up when they were going cheap, but it's nothing I'd do anything very serious with. I've got a .308/7.62x51mm bolt action for hunting and such. I've got a .45 because I "grew up" on the .45 during my time in the Army, and it was too wide for my father to shoot. He's got little hands. I have ammunition and magazines on hand because I like to have ammo should a range trip strike my desires some weekend, although as hard as ammo is to find right now, I haven't gone in a while.

The rest of it, supply-wise, is that I'm part of the ground team for the local-ish Civil Air Patrol squadron. We do a lot of emergency services work, both with airplanes that go down, as well as missing person searches, and other tasks. Part of that work means having enough supplies to survive 72 hours in the boonies. My daughter is a cadet in the squadron, and has the same gear loadout. I've got a few extra things in my rucksack, but the core gear is the same.

The whole "doomsday prepper" thing seems to me to take one of two avenues. One is the people who have Red Dawn in mind. They're going to drive up into the mountains and live up there while the world burns itself. The other are the people planning to make a go of it on their home turf. I don't have any illusions that either one is really viable in a doomsday scenario... nor do I really think one is on the horizon.

That being said, I could see a political reset here in America. We started out as a nation, a society, where public service was exactly that - service. Public office holders went back to their previous fields of work when they were done. These days, getting into politics is a career path, and that's insane.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 AM #45
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
I can see America becoming unstable in my life time. There's just so many hysterical people out there who live via knee jerk reactions. Maybe I'm paranoid.. but I'd rather not be caught by surprise.

Looking for some Gats?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM #46
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy supports Empire
Side note, I really wish I could buy the supplies to hook myself up to an IV drip.. I'm so ****in hung over right now.. I'm literally useless. But I'm supposed to be getting ready for work soon.

I'm at that point of dehydration that I'm sweating and can't cool off, horrible headache, nausea. Barely choking down my cliff bar.. of course the chocolate brownie cliff bar is the worst kind to eat when in this condition.. lol

Looking for some Gats?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 AM #47
Trevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy View Post
Side note, I really wish I could buy the supplies to hook myself up to an IV drip.. I'm so ****in hung over right now.. I'm literally useless. But I'm supposed to be getting ready for work soon.

I'm at that point of dehydration that I'm sweating and can't cool off, horrible headache, nausea. Barely choking down my cliff bar.. of course the chocolate brownie cliff bar is the worst kind to eat when in this condition.. lol
Hangovers will soon become a thing of the past. We use this guy when we're in Vegas:

AA will hate you.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM #48
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy supports Empire
Omg I was just talking about something like that to my friend Matt.. how much does a ride on the bus cost?

Looking for some Gats?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:01 AM #49
Trevor

Well you don't really ride on it - it parks at the main hotels. It's like $100 bucks for just a regular IV... and that's all you really need. They have drips with vitamins and stuff, but it's not necessary.

If you are partying with a big group, it's worth it to pay extra to have him come up to your rooms.

It really maximizes your time. Instead of being useless from 8am - 4pm the day after you party... you can immediately go hit up the pool parties, drive a ferrari, fire a machine gun, or check out the hotels.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:42 AM #50
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Ok so my gripe for the day: I am trading my dm for a ego11. Guy likes my gun, I got a video of his. Awesome. I ask if I can pay him extra to overnight it so I can shoot it on Friday. Guy tells me it's exp. I say yeah, ill send you the diff after the 13 your gonna spend. I am ready to send him 25-27 depending on tax or what not. He says he won't do it for any less that 50 bucks.....I ask him why, he says he already packed it up. A ego case and one single cp barrel as an extra warrants a 25 fee?!?!

Am I being unreasonable thinking that's a bit steep??

978-530-6747
Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 AM #51
Trevor

Its his "handling fee." Lol
Old 02-07-2013, 11:53 AM #52
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Its his "handling fee." Lol
My guy Dan at armory paid priority with me just asking him nicely. He's da man. This just means I gotta charge up the cobra LCD.

978-530-6747
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM #53
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy supports Empire
How come you're trading the DM for the ego in the first place? And shouldn't he be adding cash?

Looking for some Gats?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:19 PM #54
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
How come you're trading the DM for the ego in the first place? And shouldn't he be adding cash?
I like poppits. And turner is my idol.

It's a ego11 vicious label almost new

978-530-6747
Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 PM #55
Somnambulistz
DirtyDeeds,DoneWithSheep

Annual Supporting Member
Smile

Quote:
I can see America becoming unstable in my life time. There's just so many hysterical people out there who live via knee jerk reactions. Maybe I'm paranoid.. but I'd rather not be caught by surprise.
nah, its the internet and media, see before the internet, and the media 24 / 7 every town had 1-2 crackpots who were "OOGIE BOOGIE GOVERNMENT" and "I PEWP IN AN OUTHOUSE AND MADE MY OWN FLOUR" and "OH NOES THEIR ALL LIBERAL BLEEDING HEARTS GONNA TAKE MAH LAND (OR GHUNS)", thanks to the internet, it's given the biggest mic to these nut bars, who then spread the fear mongering and distrust to others.

We call it the "Oprah Effect", when crap somehow becomes legit because a tangent supports it and has no relevance (housewives of America sitting at home watching her everyday and her going from Nazi Lesbian Hookers From Mars to interviewing so called legit guests.

Brad gonna text ya (on a separate note lol)

PBN SOCCER THREAD (SPORTS)

LIVERPOOL F.C.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:37 PM #56
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy supports Empire
My brain feels like its bleeding.. jking but I definitely have a headache still.. feel like Bruce willis in die hard (3 I think?)

Looking for some Gats?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:51 PM #57
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
I've found that the people who actually get the most exposure aren't the ones concerned about the government getting bigger and more powerful. It's the ones who WANT the government to get bigger and more powerful that get more "mainstream" voice. There may be one or two "shows" that portray survivalists, "preppers", and the extreme right, but those are far outbudgeted and outexposed by the extreme left.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:13 PM #58
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Those shows are geared towards fears they want money for their fallout shelters and what better way to get it then to subject their watchers into fear, of government, of their neighbors, of the foreigners that don't like us.

If we learned anything from these bull**** shows, it's that they lie and chest like everyone else on tv....yuuuuuuuuup.

On a happy note, my ego will be here Saturday. And so will a foot of fresh snow......fmmfl

978-530-6747
Old 02-07-2013, 02:32 PM #59
Somnambulistz
DirtyDeeds,DoneWithSheep

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
I've found that the people who actually get the most exposure aren't the ones concerned about the government getting bigger and more powerful. It's the ones who WANT the government to get bigger and more powerful that get more "mainstream" voice. There may be one or two "shows" that portray survivalists, "preppers", and the extreme right, but those are far outbudgeted and outexposed by the extreme left.
yeah but the informed viewer / edumacated person should be able to discern between truth, reality and what is presented

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
Those shows are geared towards fears they want money for their fallout shelters and what better way to get it then to subject their watchers into fear, of government, of their neighbors, of the foreigners that don't like us.

If we learned anything from these bull**** shows, it's that they lie and chest like everyone else on tv....yuuuuuuuuup.

On a happy note, my ego will be here Saturday. And so will a foot of fresh snow......fmmfl
snow is on the way here too bro. honestly, its true, fear does sell, fear perpetuates bad behavior, and fear does nothing more than rebuke innovation.

if there is 1 person to blame for that, Julesy.

LIVERPOOL F.C.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:32 PM #60
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
So I'm working on finding a new (used) car. Found a Passat wagon, 1.8T, stick. Just about exactly what I've been on the prowl for. Turns out, the seller is an old family friend. Hopefully we can come to a deal on it tonight.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:46 PM #61
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
So I'm working on finding a new (used) car. Found a Passat wagon, 1.8T, stick. Just about exactly what I've been on the prowl for. Turns out, the seller is an old family friend. Hopefully we can come to a deal on it tonight.
Those motors are ****- review.

They shrunk the oil pan to fit the turbo parts into the engine bay. Smaller oil pan with motor cycling faster and more frequent is never a good idea.

Just my 2 cents. Knowing cars has helped me avoid disaster .

978-530-6747
Old 02-07-2013, 02:59 PM #62
Somnambulistz
DirtyDeeds,DoneWithSheep

Annual Supporting Member
good engine. make sure the turbo is working and whistles when ya give it some pedal, had the same engine in my jetta before the tree in the storm destroyed it bad (100+ year old huge elm tree).

make sure too the fuel pump is in good working order, they can be problematic

LIVERPOOL F.C.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:11 PM #63
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Motor was actually just replaced in it, and my father in law is a VW mechanic. I'm not overly worried about the motor. Plus, I'm honestly pretty gentle behind the wheel. My days of being the boy racer are LONG gone... and my kids aren't going to drive it.

Once this weekend is over, I'm going to be *****ing about getting past winter. Time to move on to spring!
Closed Thread