PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 10:32 PM #358
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
www.docsmachine.com for the Doc. He's also here on PBN (can't remember his username off-hand). He's been around forever, and he's fixed a LOT of ****ups in his day He's usually pretty backlogged though, so it might take a while for him to get back with you and to do the project, if you do decide to go that route.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 PM #359
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
www.docsmachine.com for the Doc. He's also here on PBN (can't remember his username off-hand). He's been around forever, and he's fixed a LOT of ****ups in his day He's usually pretty backlogged though, so it might take a while for him to get back with you and to do the project, if you do decide to go that route.

I've been trying to get ahold of Doc for a good minute. I think he's just so busy right now, that' you should consider yourself lucky if you receive a response from him.

About stripping feednecks though, I don't understand why people add a dab of blue locktight, when screwing in a feedneck. It works great. There's no reason to over tighten.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 PM #360
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

If you don't use any loctite, or if you don't wait long enough for it to dry, the feedneck will loosen fairly quickly, and I think that's when a lot of people go Incredible Hulk on them. Cross-threading is another issue. If the parts aren't threading smoothly, STOP IMMEDIATELY. I've seen many times when people will get a part that starts to cross thread, and then they wind up causing huge problems by forcing it in and getting it stuck. The only way it's coming out after that is by taking all of the threads up to that point along with it.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:48 AM #361
Somnambulistz
DirtyDeeds,DoneWithSheep

Annual Supporting Member
i'll talk about drake's coffee cake later....

i'm gonna tell everyone a story....

long time ago, back in 04, yours truly Johnny Dollar had this magnificent 05 speed. It was beautiful, shot beautiful, not a single upgrade needed 1 bit. Now this nose picker here accidentally stripped 1 eye hole screw I felt like a De Gaul retreating to North Africa, or wherever that guy went after losing badly, i forgot its late gimme a break Brad jesus!

Anyways, oh Jordan did fret, but alas, there was a wonderful wdp factory tech who took me by the hand, (not really), gave me a diet coke and a tissue for my tears (nah not really either), he took that gun, he gentley helicoiled that hole, matched it with literally a screw that you could barely tell a size difference, and his cat, was the cat that saved christmas 1979.

PBN SOCCER THREAD (SPORTS) LIVERPOOL F.C.

"i know that it must totally suck to be a black man nurse trapped in a white man's body but the white devil and i have our own paternity problems to deal with, i need my step fathers sperm......."
Old 02-21-2013, 01:59 AM #362
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I'm watching the ironmen scrim heat in the 2013 pre season and heat is struggling .... Picking up mouse and Margot might really be the boost the men needed to podium this year.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:11 AM #363
Carapace
+KA-B00M+

Carapace is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinrey1025 View Post
In all honesty. This is all bull****. Information like this wouldve been great to know/have. I never would've taken the damn feedneck off. I bought a marker that "works". Im sorry but not being able to remove and install the feedneck in a stock fashion doesnt count as "works" in my book. Im sure other people wouldve taken this issue alot further than what I have. Ive seen people go ballistic over pettier **** on here. But to act like not passing information like this is ok, no big deal... drives me insane.
I can see your frustration, but essentially, you clean off the "threads" reano the gun, and helicoil after, good as new and still "works". So what if you can't break it down past the feedneck??? Why would you even need to do that unless your breach doesn't clear the bottom of the neck??? Does the feedneck wabble? Does it not "securely" hold your loader where it should be? do you get any shotty performance from your feedneck being secured to the body by the only way possible? if you answered "no" to all of these, then i'd call that "working"... it may not be a 10 of 10 perfect score, but it's definitely "working"...

Last edited by Carapace : 02-21-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:14 AM #364
Somnambulistz
DirtyDeeds,DoneWithSheep

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
I'm watching the ironmen scrim heat in the 2013 pre season and heat is struggling .... Picking up mouse and Margot might really be the boost the men needed to podium this year.
Forget that, let's have some music in the thread, its been too sterile around here late.......

get it rollin

EDIT:

FINE I'll do it myself.....

PBN SOCCER THREAD (SPORTS) LIVERPOOL F.C.

"i know that it must totally suck to be a black man nurse trapped in a white man's body but the white devil and i have our own paternity problems to deal with, i need my step fathers sperm......."

Last edited by Somnambulistz : 02-21-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 AM #365
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Spent an absurd amount of time on a set of eyes to align on a Sb. Gah

It's shooting tits right now but blind.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 AM #366
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

I can see your frustration, but essentially, you clean off the "threads" reano the gun, and helicoil after, good as new and still "works". So what if you can't break it down past the feedneck??? Why would you even need to do that unless your breach doesn't clear the bottom of the neck??? Does the feedneck wabble? Does it not "securely" hold your loader where it should be? do you get any shotty performance from your feedneck being secured to the body by the only way possible? if you answered "no" to all of these, then i'd call that "working"... it may not be a 10 of 10 perfect score, but it's definitely "working"...
This could have been said about a certain freak back also....catch me drift slick? I know it worked, but wasn't aware of condition altering defect. It's easy , the guy before me fuct it up...oh wait, that was Jeff....and I know he didn't do it....so we gotta go waaaay back to some newb with a screwdriver. Atleast Ivan didn't send you a scathing insulting pm. Two way streets.

978-530-6747
Old 02-21-2013, 09:41 AM #367
Carapace
+KA-B00M+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
This could have been said about a certain freak back also....catch me drift slick? I know it worked, but wasn't aware of condition altering defect. It's easy , the guy before me fuct it up...oh wait, that was Jeff....and I know he didn't do it....so we gotta go waaaay back to some newb with a screwdriver. Atleast Ivan didn't send you a scathing insulting pm. Two way streets.
Big difference between a back that can't be straightened/uncrinkled and a feedneck that can be helicoiled...
Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 AM #368
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends VII
trancer23 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
trancer23 is Legendary
wait, did i screw something up?

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 AM #369
Carapace
+KA-B00M+

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
Do you use flathead screwdrivers to unscrew your SS freak backs by wedging the tip in the insert window then through the wording on the other side only to torque the hell out of it?

Honestly though, Pinrey... If you don't like the demon, because of that "eye sore" trade me that demon for my dark shocker straight up, ano will cost you about the same on either gun, except this dark doesn't have ANY defects besides color mismatchings... I'd be MORE than happy to have my machine gun back...

Last edited by Carapace : 02-21-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:53 AM #370
pinrey1025

pinrey1025 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Big difference between a back that can't be straightened/uncrinkled and a feedneck that can be helicoiled...
Only difference I see is you could get it replaced. Cheap like. And my fix is with a machine shop. Or buying a new marker.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:55 AM #371
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

Not seeing it boss/ helicoil, lot of people tossing that word around. I want to know who's doing these magical helicoils. I see names being dropped of people that no longer offer services. Lets get on the same page here, if products aren't being exchanged at cutthroat prices most of these people aren't doing work. Ivan paid top dollar for that ****ing monstrosity and now he's at the end of an expensive rope. Go ahead an find a helicoil that will work and ill stop ragging on that gun coming to me then to him damaged and bleeding cash. Until then , someone ****ed that gun up and passing the buck is ****ing weak.

978-530-6747
Old 02-21-2013, 09:57 AM #372
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
You didn't do anything Jeff . Just stating I got the freak back from you that carapace pm'd me about belittling my ability to spot small issue . It's point worthy. Ivan got a **** deal. And he's handled it fine, I'm pissed because I sold it to him, mind you I never inboxed it from rich and it's got a major flaw.

978-530-6747
Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 AM #373
pinrey1025

Quote:
Do you use flathead screwdrivers to unscrew your SS freak backs by wedging the tip in the insert window then through the wording on the other side only to torque the hell out of it?

Honestly though, Pinrey... If you don't like the demon, because of that "eye sore" trade me that demon for my dark shocker straight up, ano will cost you about the same on either gun, except this dark doesn't have ANY defects besides color mismatchings... I'd be MORE than happy to have my machine gun back...
Look man. if i wanted to trade or anything from you i woulve started hitting you up. Like i already stated... info like this needs to be passed on. whether you did it or not idk. and honestly I dont care. its not gonna fix anything. all I know is I never got any intel when the marker arrived into my arms. I got what i paid for. evidently a little more of a money pit if you ask me. but im still happy with the marker.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 AM #374
Carapace
+KA-B00M+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
Not seeing it boss/ helicoil, lot of people tossing that word around. I want to know who's doing these magical helicoils. I see names being dropped of people that no longer offer services. Lets get on the same page here, if products aren't being exchanged at cutthroat prices most of these people aren't doing work. Ivan paid top dollar for that ****ing monstrosity and now he's at the end of an expensive rope. Go ahead an find a helicoil that will work and ill stop ragging on that gun coming to me then to him damaged and bleeding cash. Until then , someone ****ed that gun up and passing the buck is ****ing weak.
What are you not seeing??? Helicoil is hidden because it fixes "threading issues" so you can't even SEE this "eye sore" he spoke of because it's INSIDE THE BODY... That barrel back is on the exterior of the guns setup and can be seen by anyone who cares to look... you're not seeing the difference there?

Bob does helicoils, he's a magical person so i'll let that one slide :|

Has anyone even contacted bob about the helicoil issue??? what you're describing as an "expensive rope" is 15-20 bucks for the helicoil then 30 bucks round trip shipping from him to bob and back... compared to the overall price of the gun, thats EXPENSIVE??? come the **** on dude, now you're just splitting hairs...

Again, if it can't be felt *performance wise* and can't be seen *aesthetic wise* how can that be misconstrued as "not working" or even better, "unusable"???
Old 02-21-2013, 10:43 AM #375
pinrey1025

I called fma. they said that service is no longer available. Did i talk to bob? probably not. the eye sore part is now. obviously itll be repaired and no longer an eye sore. but with the repair on the chopping block. why was it glued in the first place if helicoil is so cheap? if its 15-20 bucks with 30 shipped around,

and no it cant be seen, felt, or anything you said. but bottom line is somebody glued the feedneck in place. y not glue in the barrel, the tank, mini reg. back plate. solenoid. hell y even thread anything? if it wont cripple the "appearance, performance"?

after it is fixed, we all get that itll go un-noticed. working good as new. and as a bonus ill still be able to change out the feedneck as i please.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:00 AM #376
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

What are you not seeing??? Helicoil is hidden because it fixes "threading issues" so you can't even SEE this "eye sore" he spoke of because it's INSIDE THE BODY... That barrel back is on the exterior of the guns setup and can be seen by anyone who cares to look... you're not seeing the difference there?

Bob does helicoils, he's a magical person so i'll let that one slide :|

Has anyone even contacted bob about the helicoil issue??? what you're describing as an "expensive rope" is 15-20 bucks for the helicoil then 30 bucks round trip shipping from him to bob and back... compared to the overall price of the gun, thats EXPENSIVE??? come the **** on dude, now you're just splitting hairs...

Again, if it can't be felt *performance wise* and can't be seen *aesthetic wise* how can that be misconstrued as "not working" or even better, "unusable"???
The fact that you knew about the hack and said nothing in regards to it to either myself of Ivan shows that this was alil more involved that even you wanted to tackle. You were in contact with me about the purchase of the gun from the start, this is my point. I figured you to be stand up. When you pointed out the issue with that precious freak back, again a ****ing accessory- I refunded your money ASAP. But you continued to ***** and belittle. This is my point, you could have been like " yo, feednecks ****ed on that demon" but I guess that's above you?

Oh and trying to get someone to do this kinda work isn't as easy as everyone thinks. Doc is busy and appears to be busy for awhile. There are other machinist...but fact is he shouldn't have to do that to his gun - but has to cause there are flat out shady people selling busted ****. Oh and the freak still worked right Jeff??

978-530-6747
Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 PM #377
Carapace
+KA-B00M+

Again, I didn't consider it a hack job, I considered it a proper fix over previous owners issues. A little more involved than I wanted to tackle??? Really??? I've owned as many markers as you have and I don't consider a small repair like that to be a hack job or even a problem... And I was in contact with you through that whole process with the demon, I even tried to get it back myself but was unable to get cash together to do so, that should prove i don't give a **** about something i can't even see/notice.

About the freak back, I *****ed after i found out because it was an oversight on your part. then when you refunded, I ceased *****ing and chalked it up to a minor error. You got your freak back in the same condition you sent me and I got my cash back, after that occurred you got NO cross words from me and I even thanked you for handling it properly. Thats not being stand-up? So since i'm sensing sarcasm, i'll just take that as an insult.

I could hope that another crippled pony makes its way into your stable, but that wouldn't be very stand-up'ish, would it? :|
Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 PM #378
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Gents, maybe this is something better hashed out over the phone, or by PM.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Closed Thread