PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-22-2013, 02:00 AM #1
xxerexx
GIR

d-lite minireg upgrade recharge issues

I purchased the d-lite minireg upgrade (not just the piston) and I'm having recharge issues. After the first shot it takes about three seconds to fully recharge (watching the pressure gauge). I did find this thread http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3786613 . However I've already broken it in with about two cases worth of dry firing and the recharge doesn't seemed to have improved at all. What else am I missing?
xxerexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 AM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
About the only thing I could recommend would be to double check your spring stack configuration and all of your reg o-rings. Make sure things are adequately greased. If the problem persists, maybe put some more dry cycles on it and re-check.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:47 PM #3
TeamBigShot (Banned)

did u solve it? have you tried putting the stock one back to see if it continues?
TeamBigShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:20 PM #4
xxerexx
GIR

I put a couple more tanks (68/45) through it and the issue is still there. Right now I've swapped it out for a sidewinder, but I can try putting the old internals back in and see what happens. One thing I noticed is that with the d-lite internals the low end of reg's output adjustment is about 200 psi.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:56 PM #5
TeamBigShot (Banned)

do that and tell me what happens, and you said you have more than just the piston? what else are you referring to, valve assembly?
TeamBigShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:03 PM #6
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Going back to the stock internals will remedy the problem. This has been an issue with the D-Lite small pistons.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM #7
Methodcaptain

Try swapping out spring stacks. Mine didn't recharge well with the 5 springs provided. I swapped it out for the 6 stock springs, and problem solved!

WANTED: Blue angel A1 grips
Wanted - Angel A1/SB/AR:K parts and markers broken or working

WANTED: Deathstix kits in Purple: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4579745
Methodcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:25 AM #8
xxerexx
GIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBigShot View Post
do that and tell me what happens, and you said you have more than just the piston? what else are you referring to, valve assembly?
I have the re-designed larger piston meant for the d-lite piston along with the d-lite piston (plus + bearing, springs, adjuster screw since it all came in the service kit).

Changing the spring stack to the stock six spring configuration like Methodcaptain suggested didn't make a noticeable difference. Swapping back to the old stuff significantly improved the recharge, however it wasn't instant. It jumped most of the way and then half second or so to finish.

I guess I'm just going have to chalk this up to a learning experience and stick to using the sidewinder.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:50 AM #9
Methodcaptain

I would give it a chance to break in with the swapped out spring stack.

Also, have you tried another tank? I had one instance that I kept rebuilding my mini-reg thinking that it was creeping/not recharging fast enough, only to find out that my tank regulator was causing the erratic behavior.

Just throwing ideas out there for you based on what I've experienced.

WANTED: Deathstix kits in Purple: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4579745
Old 05-14-2013, 01:09 PM #10
xxerexx
GIR

I can try one of my other tanks when I'm watching the pressure. They're all ninjas set to ~450-500 atm. I'm a little low on air but I can try the break in with the different spring stack too.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:01 PM #11
Methodcaptain

Let is know how it goes.