Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 PM #1
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE
 
Kungpoopanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galion, Ohio
Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Would it be possible to build a good pump with $200?

Would it be possible guys? I just cant' find one marker I like so I thought I would build one but I do not know if I can with $200. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2013, 07:32 PM #2
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com
 
Trigger Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northampton, PA
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
you can find a cheap working cocker and grab your pump kit of choice for under 200. my pump cost 120 for the gun and 77 for the ccm deluxe kit. so if you can find a cheap cocker then all you need is a kit. i would suggest the ccm deluxe kit if you have enough money leftover. the stroke is so smooth and snappy.

and if you cant find a normal cocker for cheap then you can always grab a nice trilogy for really cheap.
__________________
Reverse Poison 2K12 Bob Long G6R
DP G3 Spec r W/ Techt Bolt Engine, VP Deuce Trigger, and a 7E OLED Board
2K2 Vert. Feed Autococker W/ CCM Pump Kit and Gat Products A/T

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 PM #3
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE
 
Kungpoopanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galion, Ohio
Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post
you can find a cheap working cocker and grab your pump kit of choice for under 200. my pump cost 120 for the gun and 77 for the ccm deluxe kit. so if you can find a cheap cocker then all you need is a kit. i would suggest the ccm deluxe kit if you have enough money leftover. the stroke is so smooth and snappy.

and if you cant find a normal cocker for cheap then you can always grab a nice trilogy for really cheap.
I did not think of that. Thanks! I think that is what I will do? Any autocokers you recommend?
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:43 PM #4
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com
 
Trigger Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northampton, PA
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
i honestly would prefer anything 2k+..... they are easier to find parts for them.
__________________
Reverse Poison 2K12 Bob Long G6R
DP G3 Spec r W/ Techt Bolt Engine, VP Deuce Trigger, and a 7E OLED Board
2K2 Vert. Feed Autococker W/ CCM Pump Kit and Gat Products A/T

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:47 PM #5
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE
 
Kungpoopanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galion, Ohio
Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post
i honestly would prefer anything 2k+..... they are easier to find parts for them.
That's what I'll do then. What model is the one you bought if you don't mind me asking?
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 PM #6
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com
 
Trigger Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northampton, PA
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
pmd you
__________________
Reverse Poison 2K12 Bob Long G6R
DP G3 Spec r W/ Techt Bolt Engine, VP Deuce Trigger, and a 7E OLED Board
2K2 Vert. Feed Autococker W/ CCM Pump Kit and Gat Products A/T

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:52 PM #7
clarkie070988
A traveling man
 
clarkie070988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Annual Supporting Member
clarkie070988 plays in the PSP
clarkie070988 plays in the APPA D4 division
clarkie070988 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
clarkie070988 is Legendary
clarkie070988 is Boss
clarkie070988 supports DLX Technology
you can build one under that but it would be cheap lol
__________________
I <3 MY Wife & Daughter
POWERED BY:
Wanna Play Paintball/YourPBfriend/OCD Paintball
LUXE MOB/PUMP OT/Back Players Gang/BST Perfection/World Ballas/Fat Ballers Club
clarkie070988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:04 PM #8
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE
 
Kungpoopanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galion, Ohio
Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkie070988 View Post
you can build one under that but it would be cheap lol
That is what I was afraid of. I think I am going to do what the guy above me said.
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 PM #9
clarkie070988
A traveling man
 
clarkie070988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Annual Supporting Member
clarkie070988 plays in the PSP
clarkie070988 plays in the APPA D4 division
clarkie070988 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
clarkie070988 is Legendary
clarkie070988 is Boss
clarkie070988 supports DLX Technology
if you want to wait awhile building a pump just buy pieces at a time but start with a body then go from there
__________________
I <3 MY Wife & Daughter
POWERED BY:
Wanna Play Paintball/YourPBfriend/OCD Paintball
LUXE MOB/PUMP OT/Back Players Gang/BST Perfection/World Ballas/Fat Ballers Club
clarkie070988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 PM #10
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^
 
HeatedNubbycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkie070988 View Post
you can build one under that but it would be cheap lol
not necessarily. when i was building those pretty nice prostocks i was only putting in about 130-140, and 3 guys at LP are still using them and doing just as good as us with our CCM's and whatnot.

in my personal opinion id do what trigger said though. find a cocker that has a problem with the pneus, pick it up for 70 bucks and slap an econo pump kit on it. looking at 100-120 for that. or go with the CCM and your still under budget
__________________
SubZero Pump

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:21 PM #11
clarkie070988
A traveling man
 
clarkie070988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Annual Supporting Member
clarkie070988 plays in the PSP
clarkie070988 plays in the APPA D4 division
clarkie070988 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
clarkie070988 is Legendary
clarkie070988 is Boss
clarkie070988 supports DLX Technology
build a full ccm lol
__________________
I <3 MY Wife & Daughter
POWERED BY:
Wanna Play Paintball/YourPBfriend/OCD Paintball
LUXE MOB/PUMP OT/Back Players Gang/BST Perfection/World Ballas/Fat Ballers Club
clarkie070988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:26 PM #12
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com
 
Trigger Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northampton, PA
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatedNubbycake View Post
not necessarily. when i was building those pretty nice prostocks i was only putting in about 130-140, and 3 guys at LP are still using them and doing just as good as us with our CCM's and whatnot.

in my personal opinion id do what trigger said though. find a cocker that has a problem with the pneus, pick it up for 70 bucks and slap an econo pump kit on it. looking at 100-120 for that. or go with the CCM and your still under budget
I was just about to say this..... My pump is not cheap by any means. it can easily compete with higher end pumps and it cost me 50-75% less. the only thing my pump is missing is a nice lower tube kit. it still shoots +-3 fps like every other decent pump.
__________________
Reverse Poison 2K12 Bob Long G6R
DP G3 Spec r W/ Techt Bolt Engine, VP Deuce Trigger, and a 7E OLED Board
2K2 Vert. Feed Autococker W/ CCM Pump Kit and Gat Products A/T

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 PM #13
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^
 
HeatedNubbycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
Yea, the pump guns are just the same as speedball guns:

i can spend 250 upgrading a DP G3 to shoot better then an Ego 11
or i can spend ~200 on a pump that has a nice CCM kit, and maybe some springs, and it will shoot just as good as your other guns. Only if you have a nice barrel kit though, dont skimp on the barrel....
__________________
SubZero Pump

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 PM #14
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com
 
Trigger Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northampton, PA
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatedNubbycake View Post
Yea, the pump guns are just the same as speedball guns:

i can spend 250 upgrading a DP G3 to shoot better then an Ego 11
or i can spend ~200 on a pump that has a nice CCM kit, and maybe some springs, and it will shoot just as good as your other guns. Only if you have a nice barrel kit though, dont skimp on the barrel....
i have a shift kit that i use on my spec-r and pump.
__________________
Reverse Poison 2K12 Bob Long G6R
DP G3 Spec r W/ Techt Bolt Engine, VP Deuce Trigger, and a 7E OLED Board
2K2 Vert. Feed Autococker W/ CCM Pump Kit and Gat Products A/T

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:34 PM #15
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE
 
Kungpoopanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galion, Ohio
Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatedNubbycake View Post
not necessarily. when i was building those pretty nice prostocks i was only putting in about 130-140, and 3 guys at LP are still using them and doing just as good as us with our CCM's and whatnot.

in my personal opinion id do what trigger said though. find a cocker that has a problem with the pneus, pick it up for 70 bucks and slap an econo pump kit on it. looking at 100-120 for that. or go with the CCM and your still under budget
Hmm. I like the sound of that. I am sorry but I am new to this, what is a pnues?
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:38 PM #16
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com
 
Trigger Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northampton, PA
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpoopanda View Post
Hmm. I like the sound of that. I am sorry but I am new to this, what is a pnues?
its short for the pneumatics. you know those strange looking thingys with hoses coming out of them. thats what makes the autococker cycle with out you having to cock it by yourself. hence the name auto-cocker.
__________________
Reverse Poison 2K12 Bob Long G6R
DP G3 Spec r W/ Techt Bolt Engine, VP Deuce Trigger, and a 7E OLED Board
2K2 Vert. Feed Autococker W/ CCM Pump Kit and Gat Products A/T

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 PM #17
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE
 
Kungpoopanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galion, Ohio
Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post
its short for the pneumatics. you know those strange looking thingys with hoses coming out of them. thats what makes the autococker cycle with out you having to cock it by yourself. hence the name auto-cocker.
That is what I thought. Thanks! So I should just buy a one with broken pneumatics? So I am just going to take those out and replace it with a pump kit?
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM #18
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^
 
HeatedNubbycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
it doesnt really matter if they are broken or not. cheaper if they are broken, the whole setup comes off to put the pump kit on. if you have any questions i can do a how to on taking one apart and replacing it with a pump kit. just need to get my hands on an autococker. PM me if youd like and i could walk you through it.
__________________
SubZero Pump

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 PM #19
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE
 
Kungpoopanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galion, Ohio
Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatedNubbycake View Post
it doesnt really matter if they are broken or not. cheaper if they are broken, the whole setup comes off to put the pump kit on. if you have any questions i can do a how to on taking one apart and replacing it with a pump kit. just need to get my hands on an autococker. PM me if youd like and i could walk you through it.
That would be great if you could do that bro! Should I PM you when I get my autococker or just PM you now? Any recommendations on which to get?
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:45 PM #20
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com
 
Trigger Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northampton, PA
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpoopanda View Post
That is what I thought. Thanks! So I should just buy a one with broken pneumatics? So I am just going to take those out and replace it with a pump kit?
yeah if you can find one with broken pneus then i would do that. you dont need them anyways.

Before:



After:



can you see the difference? btw the 2nd pic is my pump
__________________
Reverse Poison 2K12 Bob Long G6R
DP G3 Spec r W/ Techt Bolt Engine, VP Deuce Trigger, and a 7E OLED Board
2K2 Vert. Feed Autococker W/ CCM Pump Kit and Gat Products A/T

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 PM #21
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE
 
Kungpoopanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galion, Ohio
Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post
yeah if you can find one with broken pneus then i would do that. you dont need them anyways.

Before:



After:



can you see the difference? btw the 2nd pic is my pump
Looks amazing! Yeah I can see the difference.
Kungpoopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump