Shooter28
PEACE

Shooter28 plays in the PSP
Shooter28 supports DLX Technology
Shooter28 supports Empire
Anyone ever rebuild a micro maxflo? I've got one that blew the lp burst disk
ΞΞ

R.I.P.{HSP}
Gun Sale Thread | SHOCKER PARTS!!! | My gun collection | D00M.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 AM #1619
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
Not me. I only had a micro maxflo once. And I never even used it lol
Old 02-13-2013, 10:57 AM #1620
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr donated to help Peyton Trent
dehr supports Bob Gurnsey
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly* View Post
pursuit was so addicting at one point.
ya, ill never pass the final level though. i need 800 points but will get 600 on saturday when my asm renews. but ill never get the last 200 i need cause id either need the 10 year badge, 2 years without an infraction, or have the OG supporting member badge
Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 AM #1621
war009
Fluffy Bunnies Pump

war009 donated to help Peyton Trent
war009 supports Team VICIOUS
war009 supports our troops
war009 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
war009 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
war009 is Boss
war009 supports DLX Technology
I feel the same way
Old 02-13-2013, 11:10 AM #1622
K-9
name's ryon. hi

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
K-9 plays in the PSP
K-9 donated to help Peyton Trent
K-9 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter28
Anyone ever rebuild a micro maxflo? I've got one that blew the lp burst disk
It's pretty easy once you get it apart

Zdspb.com mang
Old 02-13-2013, 11:17 AM #1623
Shooter28
PEACE

I looked there. I must be retarded

Looking again
ΞΞ

R.I.P.{HSP}
Old 02-13-2013, 11:29 AM #1625
war009
Fluffy Bunnies Pump

war009 donated to help Peyton Trent
war009 supports Team VICIOUS
war009 supports our troops
war009 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
war009 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
war009 is Boss
war009 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-9 View Post
Lol you could have done that in the first place
Old 02-13-2013, 11:32 AM #1626
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrain View Post
Morning fellas. I'd be surprised if it was macroless only because I don't see PE "falling to peer pressure" or "ffollowing the trend just to do so" But I guess they could surprise us. The idea is cool, but having never owned one outside of a mini for a short time I don't know the benefit/added issues that it can lead to.
Well i know jack from Alien has pretty much flat out said that the new indy will be macro-less, and the invasion was, so it must be easily do-able.

PE on the other hand, each of their guns has to have some kind of "revolutionary" feature. It gives them a focus for marketing and justifies people dropping their 1500+ marker that's just over a year old, or in the case of the ego, year and a half now since the CSL. With most of the new designs coming out being macro-less, Luxe, axe, timmy, marq, torque, clone, zr1, aura... its a industry trend, that pretty much improves every marker. i have yet to use a macro-less gun and say, i miss the macro fittings hitting my fingers and being in awkward positions when i screw the reg in or leaking when i air up my gun. on such a high end gun, it would be like Mercedes trying to promote their new car with drum brakes by saying "we dont give in to peer pressure, and hey, if it works, dont fix it".

that being said, the only gun i have had issues with being macro-less, is the Mini, because it uses those tubes in the frame with o rings, and we all know more o rings cause more possible leaks.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 AM #1627
BTrain

BTrain is playing at Living Legends VI
BTrain has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BTrain has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BTrain is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenHero_08 View Post
Well i know jack from Alien has pretty much flat out said that the new indy will be macro-less, and the invasion was, so it must be easily do-able.

PE on the other hand, each of their guns has to have some kind of "revolutionary" feature. It gives them a focus for marketing and justifies people dropping their 1500+ marker that's just over a year old, or in the case of the ego, year and a half now since the CSL. With most of the new designs coming out being macro-less, Luxe, axe, timmy, marq, torque, clone, zr1, aura... its a industry trend, that pretty much improves every marker. i have yet to use a macro-less gun and say, i miss the macro fittings hitting my fingers and being in awkward positions when i screw the reg in or leaking when i air up my gun. on such a high end gun, it would be like Mercedes trying to promote their new car with drum brakes by saying "we dont give in to peer pressure, and hey, if it works, dont fix it".

that being said, the only gun i have had issues with being macro-less, is the Mini, because it uses those tubes in the frame with o rings, and we all know more o rings cause more possible leaks.
All I'm saying is if it doesn't benefit their marker, I don't see them making the change just to make it. Your comparison is a little off in that there is a performance benefit to disk over drum. Other than having the line out of the way of your hands, I don't know the specific benefit of macroless. Does it flow better? Is volumization better? Yes, there is no external hose to leak, but do the internal lines perform that much better? Like you said, The mini/Axe using the o-ring inside create another location for a leak. Do other companies' methods prevent this?

Like i said, I don't know what the benefits or downfalls of it are. PE addressed the position of the line with the POPS and SL reg so that it's in line with the rest of the marker, not off to the side. Not as clean as macroless, but fits my purposes and helps me with off-hand shooting and comfort.

Smart Parts Shocker NXT
Smart Parts PL Dynasty Shocker
Dye Rotor V3, Virtue Crown I
Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM #1628
Marmaduke
Aqua Team Agg Force

Marmaduke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Marmaduke plays in the APPA D4 division
The only issue I see with PE not going macroless is that it is becoming industry standard. I see it as Ford and Chevy adding MP3 hookups, but Chrysler saying "F you guys, we're keeping with CD".

While I cannot see any performance to be gained, some people may shy away from a PE marker just b/c it isn't macroless. That would be a very silly reason to do so IMHO (though I'm professed PE fanboy). However, I don't think PE will want to risk the possible loss of sells over something that silly.

I'm thinking they will be getting rid of the "torpedo" LPR in front. Maybe we'll also see some sort of tool-less disassembly.
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
Old 02-13-2013, 12:16 PM #1629
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrain View Post
All I'm saying is if it doesn't benefit their marker, I don't see them making the change just to make it. Your comparison is a little off in that there is a performance benefit to disk over drum. Other than having the line out of the way of your hands, I don't know the specific benefit of macroless. Does it flow better? Is volumization better? Yes, there is no external hose to leak, but do the internal lines perform that much better? Like you said, The mini/Axe using the o-ring inside create another location for a leak. Do other companies' methods prevent this?

Like i said, I don't know what the benefits or downfalls of it are. PE addressed the position of the line with the POPS and SL reg so that it's in line with the rest of the marker, not off to the side. Not as clean as macroless, but fits my purposes and helps me with off-hand shooting and comfort.
I understand, but they have had an abundance of time to work on the new ego, and i don't see them needing that time unless there is a major change coming that would require lots of cad/design time.

The changes they have made in the past years were improvements, but minimal. if you pick up a 05, then go to a CSL, there is a noticeable difference, but going from year to year it is hard to notice a huge difference from one to the next.

Basically, they are continuing to evolve the marker, but i don't see why they would take a year off, if they weren't making a substantial change. obviously there isn't much more for them to do the ego. At such a high price point, people will eventually start asking why it still has macro lines.

Going macro-less would take lots of time to figure out how to route the air passages, redesign the ASA, LPR and HPR. Obviously its not going to net a huge performance gain, but nothing they have done from year to year has. When looking at a kick *** gun like the CSL, you have to ask, what will make it better. the only answer i could give is maximize performance, which they continue to do every year, and go macro-less.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:28 PM #1630
StrangeBalla55
bamcis

StrangeBalla55 donated to help Peyton Trent
StrangeBalla55 supports Sherwood Forest
Afternoon. I still am thinking of making my own gun If i get a mill. Have ideas from incorporating the marq bolt design with shaft but for a stack tube design, and lpr below it, and reg half in the body and use a foregrip for volumeizer

ShockerOG
DEEP SEA

or DEATH
Old 02-13-2013, 12:30 PM #1631
BTrain

BTrain is playing at Living Legends VI
BTrain has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BTrain has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BTrain is attending Decay of Nations VI
Yeah, Based on the time that it's been there should definitely be some major changes coming. And I'm not saying they aren't going to do it. If they do, they would have found the benefits to it aside from just being "another" macroless marker. They certainly have taken the time to make a change like that. I just don't see them doing it for the sake of doing it. Which would make sense over the time they've taken to produce it

Smart Parts Shocker NXT
Smart Parts PL Dynasty Shocker
Dye Rotor V3, Virtue Crown I
Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM #1632
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Strange- I would love to see what gun you put out.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:12 PM #1633
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo918 View Post
Strange- I would love to see what gun you put out.
X2
Old 02-13-2013, 01:20 PM #1634
Shooter28
PEACE

Macro vs. macroless is like auto cocker noid/hoses out side the body vs. internal air passages. It's obviously better, and there aren't any draw backs to it. You can still use a standard reg and use it with the frame removed to tech it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-9 View Post
<3
ΞΞ

R.I.P.{HSP}
Old 02-13-2013, 01:23 PM #1635
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Well I sold my sl66 frame this morning for way more than I bought it for. And about 30 minutes the dude with the star framed etek, bailed in me. So not I am stuck with no frame or anything for this shego.

The hunt continues.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:37 PM #1636
smartballer91
GOATBOY

Annual Supporting Member
smartballer91 plays in the PSP
smartballer91 posts videos on PbNation
smartballer91 supports our troops
smartballer91 is an NCPA player
smartballer91 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
smartballer91 plays in the APPA D4 division
smartballer91 supports DLX Technology
At least you got some cash in the end.
Gear Sale
Old 02-13-2013, 01:45 PM #1637
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatafetus View Post
I wonder if anyone is experimenting with a more durable macro system...like the steel braided lines, but less weight. Maybe a solid aluminum tube like on the RT mags. I think that with the right attachment, that could work nice.
Solid aluminum tubes and steel lines are horrible. When I bought a phantom, the steel line was the first thing I replaced.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:51 PM #1638
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
yea, money never fails. keep an eye on ebay, i see star frames pop up about once a month on there.