Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 PM #1
WRATH20

Should I buy this timmy?

Alright so a guy locally wants to sell a timmy, which I have no idea about. All I know is it's old as hell which means parts are probably gonna be a ***** to find. I don't know how much it's worth so I come to you guys for help. I've never shot a bob long marker so at this point, I don't know whether I should get it as a fixer upper or just resell it for quick cash. If anyone has some info on it and can tell me generally what it's worth that'd be cool as hell. If I can grab it for $100 should I do it?

Disregard the other things in the picture, It's for the gun only

WRATH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 PM #2
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
2k2 Intimidator. You won't make much money on it buying it for $100. It looks to be in good shape but you probably won't be able to flip it for more than $150 at best and once you take shipping out of that you're basically back where you started
Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 PM #3
WRATH20

Weak, how about if I were to keep it..Do 2k2's shoot decent?
WRATH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:26 PM #4
resistance16

Hell for 100$ I'd buy it just because of the good price.

Is fuath liom a bheith ina chomhalta de na náisiúin ach is é seo an t-aon bhealach is féidir liom a fháil amach faoi imeachtaí áitiúla.
resistance16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 PM #5
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

My first high end ever was a Generation E Matrix (as in pre-Dye) but two of my friends went with Intimidators. One had a green to black fade 2k2 with a volumizer like that one has and a similar trigger and the other had a chrome and red 2k2 that was hideously ugly but had nice parts on it. Both of those guns were stupidly fast.

Finding parts might get annoying, especially things like wiring and eyes. It'll shoot great and for $100 I can't think of anything better but just be very careful with the electronics. I'd see if you can get him even lower, I seem to recall seeing a 2k2 go for like $80 pretty recently.

Also you should try to figure out what kind of board it has if you care about ramping and adjustability.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 PM #6
Counterfeit_Syn5304
-1uP-

Annual Supporting Member
Counterfeit_Syn5304 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Counterfeit_Syn5304 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Counterfeit_Syn5304 supports Pev's Paintball
Counterfeit_Syn5304 plays in the APPA D5 division
Counterfeit_Syn5304 is Legendary
Counterfeit_Syn5304 supports Empire
You can get eyes still from many places...check out paintballer187 for wiring and screw kits. Its a 2k2 with an updated ram cap and a volumizer on the lpr.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 AM #7
spyder1
█2k1█

Annual Supporting Member
spyder1 is a Supporting Member
spyder1 is a founding member
spyder1 is BST Legit
There is an endless supply of parts for gen 2 intimidators here on nation, eBay, or stores such as my brother's, paintballer187.

Last edited by spyder1 : 03-05-2013 at 07:45 AM.
spyder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:33 AM #8
DefTone
finger lickin good

Annual Supporting Member
DefTone is a Supporting Member
DefTone is a founding member
DefTone supports Team VICIOUS
$100 is not a terrible buy as long as everything works on it...Good guns that will flat out rip when setup right. Parts are not hard to come by, lots of them still to be found and lots of us are still building 2k2 style guns all the time...I'm getting ready to build a Dragon timmy pretty soon.

You wanna make $14 the hard way?
DefTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM #9
jessekeels
I'm a 'dust black' guy

Flipping a 2k2 is nearly impossible especially for $100. It will shoot good but wiring, and screws are a pain to mess with. The metal strips out easy and the wiring being 11 years old will probably need to be re soldered eventually. Save yourself a headache and spend 150 on a 3rd gen wiring is much simpler and less of a burden. I'm speaking from having 3 2k2s. However, if it shoots perfect and has no problems 100 is probably about what it's worth (and what you could sell it for).