Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 AM #1
arkansasbowman

Son's Upgrading from Mini to Axe

Now time for me to buy, have to figure out my budget and decide what works good for someone that has always just rented
arkansasbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 AM #2
mandiesbaby483

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
mandiesbaby483 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mandiesbaby483 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mandiesbaby483 supports Empire
Fire your sons setup a few times and get a good feel for it. An electro is a lot different than a rental for sure. go to your local store and get your hands on a few different models in your price range. Have the dealer throw a tank on each so you can shoulder the gun. Each one feels different. Find what's comfortable. Hell, if the dealer really wants to sell a particular gun, they will probably load a few rounds and take you to the range if they have one.

The biggest thing about gear imo is don't be pressured to place a price tag on performance or quality. My Axe setup with loader and custom Crossfire still costs less than base models of the higher priced guns. It shoots like a champ and has afforded me the ability to buy equipment for my son and I without breaking the bank.

facebook.com/gunsforhosespaintball
mandiesbaby483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:34 PM #3
balsac

My mini has been rock solid. I also have some Empire pads and a few Empire loaders also. I take care of my gear, but also like to push it to the limit. I feel their quality is awesome. Plus, they have a tech on this forum. That blew my mind when I found that out. That is some great service right there. I haven't had to call them but lots of people rave about their customer service. That being said... I have an etek also and some Planet Eclipse gear as well. I can say the same for PE also.
balsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:30 PM #4
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
If he is still renting all his stuff, his first purchase should be a nice mask. It doesn't matter how nice his gun is if he cannot see to shoot it because his mask is fogged up.