Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlane77 View Post
You're right. You have all the answers. Sorry I questioned you.
My point was, if you're getting a concussion from there you have other issues than just finding something to protect that spot, which apparently flew straight over your head.
aresfiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 AM #23
whitemexican90

whitemexican90 plays in the APPA D4 division
whitemexican90 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whitemexican90 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Concussion - A concussion is a minor traumatic brain injury (TBI) that may occur when the head hits an object, or a moving object strikes the head

You can get a concussion from anything. People are prone them. It's possible that this paintball hit him from a foot away directly in the soft spot at the right moment. Kind of like those stories where the kid gets a line drive in baseball directly on his chest and stops his heart. I got shot point blank from about 3 feet in the ear last winter by a rental that was shooting 300+. Right through soft ear of my mask and into my ear canal. Once I was able to see straight and hear well enough to drive myself to the ER I got the work up for....wait for it.....a concussion.

How is he out of luck? There's about 10 suggestions as to what he can do to protect his head. I say a beanie with maybe a sweatband under it for some extra padding.

Good luck man. I've had about 3 from playing HS and minor league football. I still feel the effects and I haven't played in 10 years. Take care of yourself and if giving up paintball is what has to happen then that's the way it is.
Thanks man!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 AM #24
whitemexican90

I have had these symptons (balance, talking, memory, doing school work, light sensitivity, concentration, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY EXCRUCIATING HEAD PAIN!!!) since I got these 2 concussions back on May 4 and 5. I now am pretty much sympton free except for some occasions and I also have learned some techniques on how to handle these situations and what to do by going to a bunch of therapies. I got hit in the Cerebellum which is where the hair line is at and it is considered the back of your head and got hit twice on top of each other on my left temple. If you knew what I have gone through since the past 3 years when I moved here to Virginia and how hard it's been on me, you would understand WHY I play paintball and WHY I wouldn't give it up for anything else. By me playing paintball is how I can express myself and is like my outlet!
Thank you everybody for your help! Wish me luck!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM #25
tlane77
I like to pump it

tlane77 plays in the APPA D4 division
tlane77 is a top reviewer
tlane77 is Legendary
tlane77 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
My point was, if you're getting a concussion from there you have other issues than just finding something to protect that spot, which apparently flew straight over your head.
Believe me, I got it.
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:56 PM #26
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemexican90 View Post
I got hit in the Cerebellum which is where the hair line is at and it is considered the back of your head
Then say that instead of the soft spot at the back of your head, because the Cerebellum is NOT in that soft spot.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM #27
whitemexican90

Quote:
Then say that instead of the soft spot at the back of your head, because the Cerebellum is NOT in that soft spot.
So what you are trying to tell me is that ALL MY DOCTORS, that went to COLLEGE to get a DOCTORS DEGREE, are ALL WRONG?!?!?!
THATS FUNNY DONT YOU THINK?!?!?!?
I'm pretty sure their right you know what mean?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 PM #28
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemexican90 View Post
So what you are trying to tell me is that ALL MY DOCTORS, that went to COLLEGE to get a DOCTORS DEGREE, are ALL WRONG?!?!?!
THATS FUNNY DONT YOU THINK?!?!?!?
I'm pretty sure their right you know what mean?
Well, if (if is the keyword here) your doctors are telling you that your brain is in the soft spot in the back of your head, yeah, I am.

Although, according to you, you took a hit to the back of the head, which changes the situation entirely from getting a concussion from getting hit where there is no skull/brain (the soft spot where you initially said it was) to somewhere that it actually is.

So, calm down and specify the base of the skull instead of the soft spot next time. Would you say your palm when you actually mean thumb? Nope.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 PM #29
tlane77
I like to pump it

tlane77 is Legendary
tlane77 is Boss
Quote:
Well, if (if is the keyword here) your doctors are telling you that your brain is in the soft spot in the back of your head, yeah, I am.

Although, according to you, you took a hit to the back of the head, which changes the situation entirely from getting a concussion from getting hit where there is no skull/brain (the soft spot where you initially said it was) to somewhere that it actually is.

So, calm down and specify the base of the skull instead of the soft spot next time. Would you say your palm when you actually mean thumb? Nope.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 PM #30
WreckBalla
SD

WreckBalla is playing at Living Legends VI
WreckBalla has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla supports DLX Technology
Quote:

why would you nit pick like this? we all know what he meant and he was just asking for some advice, not criticism. Cmon lets just get along here!
LIFE STYLE ,You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball....
WreckBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 PM #31
tlane77
I like to pump it

tlane77 is Legendary
tlane77 is Boss
Because that's what kids do.

Try to be better than the next person. Even if it makes you look like an idiot.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 PM #32
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckBalla View Post
why would you nit pick like this? we all know what he meant and he was just asking for some advice, not criticism. Cmon lets just get along here!
Nit picking and saying that you need more than just a new mask if you're getting a concussion when you're not even getting a skull hit (because that's what the second one was explained as) are two entirely different things.

Quote:
Because that's what kids do.

Try to be better than the next person. Even if it makes you look like an idiot.
You have no idea how difficult you are to get to understand things... He explained it as being shot in the soft spot, which is NOT the skull, and I said that if he's getting a concussion from there that he's got more problems than just covering that.

Are you understanding it yet or is it flying over your head that even though they're close, the soft spot below the skull and the skull are two entirely different things?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 PM #33
tlane77
I like to pump it

tlane77 is Legendary
tlane77 is Boss
Quote:
Nit picking and saying that you need more than just a new mask if you're getting a concussion when you're not even getting a skull hit (because that's what the second one was explained as) are two entirely different things.

You have no idea how difficult you are to get to understand things... He explained it as being shot in the soft spot, which is NOT the skull, and I said that if he's getting a concussion from there that he's got more problems than just covering that.

Are you understanding it yet or is it flying over your head that even though they're close, the soft spot below the skull and the skull are two entirely different things?
We are way past this. Instead of saying "hey man why don't you try this", you **** on him for A) explaining it wrong B) telling this kid he has problems outside of what is going on and C) his doctors are dumb and you know more than them.

My guess is this. You're that kid that gets **** on in real life, so you come here to make yourself feel better. I suspect if you pulled this crap to someone's face, they'd laugh at you and tell you to shut up.

Close?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:32 PM #34
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

Quote:
A) explaining it wrong
I'm sorry, but there's a big enough difference that it can change the outcome entirely.

Quote:
B) telling this kid he has problems outside of what is going on and
Well, the way he had explained it, hell yeah I'd think there were other physical problems. If someone says they broke their thumb but got hit on the palm, wouldn't you say that something wasn't right even if they actually meant they broke their thumb and got hit on the thumb?

Quote:
C) his doctors are dumb and you know more than them.
You obviously can't read the if (which means that's IF they were telling him that) they are dumb, but they didn't.

I don't know where you get the I get **** on in real life from, but I'm extremely blunt and frankly I don't give half a **** about how I present my information. If it comes out as negative, then it comes out as negative. I don't mean for it to come out as negative unless I say "**** you" or direct it at you, so if it looks like I'm trying to **** on him or piss him off I'm sorry.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 PM #35
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
I'd suggest getting a d3o padded beanie to wear under the goggle you end up with. The stuff is amazing.

www.d3o.com
www.ignitebeanies.com

-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:05 PM #36
Predator1117
Playing since 1995

Predator1117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Predator1117 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Stop using monster ball and crono everyone under 300fps
You shouldn't need a helmet. A beanie at most.
I got TBI and I don't use anything other than a headband.
Speed 05
Angel LCD
STO
Eaton Ripper Gen
Ripper 2 Timmay
Empire Sniper
68 Carbine
Pro Lite
Predator1117 is offline   Reply With Quote