PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 PM #1
blk mrkt

Annual Supporting Member
slp on a A1

Hey guys I could use some info from my fellow a1 owners.

I've recently gotten back into paintball and I'm still learning about all the products that have come out since ive been gone, I just picked up a bl victory and a ninja slp reg for it. I did search around the forum for this, but most threads/ replies were old and left kindof unanswered.

Can I use my tank w/slp reg on my A1 and what should the Lp/hp settings look like?

Im Really just wondering if I can use the same tank on both guns or if I need to have a seperate tank for each? I'm also waiting for delivery of an ego so I'm hopeing I won't need three different tanks.

I would appreciate any info you might have on this,thanks
blk mrkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2013, 08:11 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
If your A1 has been updated to the lastest D-Lite/Magno valve then you can run the SLP on it. If not you will want a standard LP output tank at 450 psi. The standard Ninja reg uses a shim system to allow you to easily convert from roughly 450 psi LP to roughly 850 psi HP output, so it makes for a good choice if you frequently go between HP and LP guns.
dr.strangelove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:21 PM #3
blk mrkt

Annual Supporting Member
I have the original magna valve on it but I saw that they came out with an updated version and was considering picking it up anyway. Do I have to make any other adjustments or can I install the d-lite and screw in the slp? Thanks for your help on this im shure you've probably answered tons of questions like this
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 PM #4
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Even with the stock Magno kit you should be fine running the SLP. Your HPR pressure should probably be somewhere in the vicinity of 180-190 psi. If you do go for the D-lite stem, no adjustment is necessary. If you add the Booster II bolt, you can drop your HPR pressure a bit more.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 PM #5
blk mrkt

Annual Supporting Member
Sweet, again I have actually have the original booster bolt but maybe I'll pick the booster II up while I'm at it. Deffinatly cheaper than buying another tank. I've read a lot of your posts on here, whenever and you've actually helped me out a lot in the past so thanks for this answer and all the previous ones. Your the man!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:11 PM #6
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

You won't need a new tank regardless - the stock Magno internals alone will get your pressure down a level usable with the SLP. The rest of the upgrades do knock it down a bit though, and you pick up some efficiency which is always nice. If you've already got the Booster I, you won't likely notice a big difference moving to the Booster II. You should be pretty well set.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 PM #7
blk mrkt

Annual Supporting Member
I probably should have mentioned that I had those upgrades in the first place, but I think I saw both the newer versions on eBay for pretty cheap so if it will help then il probably grab them but I'll try it with the current setup first