FaxOli
Men Are Made Not Born

FaxOli helped look for balloons
FaxOli supports Team VICIOUS
FaxOli supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotaevo View Post
"looks like an XXXX had a kid with a YYYY"

There, now it's been said, for the love of God please don't flood the rest of the thread with those...
Looks like a creed and a impluse had a kid just because you told me not to post said comment i did you a favor and stated my opinion

Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 AM #130
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
You need to throw in a LUXE. Or at least a couple Blonde Ions... Demon/Creed mashup? Would be closer.
Insert Alex Hodge.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:24 AM #131
egocanival17

Annual Supporting Member
egocanival17 is playing at Living Legends V
egocanival17 is playing at Living Legends VII
egocanival17 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
egocanival17 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
egocanival17 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
egocanival17 supports DLX Technology
egocanival17 supports Empire
Looks like a blend of a vanguard creed and an 09 impulse.

Interesting
Old 02-02-2013, 01:24 AM #132
Bloodymurder

Annual Supporting Member
Bloodymurder supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaught_lives View Post
Let me see if I understand this.

This belong to a designer who originally made this as the new Creed (Hence the design similarities with the reg and front end) for Vanguard UK and when Vanguard UK got bought out, the new owners did not get the patent for Creed. So, this Company either was started by the Designer or Bought the Patent from the designer to release what they are now calling the "Torque".

So PBJosh Design this, from what i understand, but did he start this company or is he working for this company or is he contracted by this company?

This marker has me intrigued with the whole Stacked Tube Spool Valve (STS) idea.
We haven't fully established that this is the situation, but it does appear as though Mr. Hodge had a hand in this.

That being said, given the internal design the top half is doomed to look more or less like every other stacked tube marker (creed, ego, 09 impulse, etc). The design of the grip frame/reg has become fairly standardized as well. I'm just eager to see some innovation rather than a re-hash of a shocker or timmy or ego design.

Albion College Lacrosse
Old 02-02-2013, 01:34 AM #133
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaught_lives View Post
This belong to a designer who originally made this as the new Creed (Hence the design similarities with the reg and front end) for Vanguard UK and when Vanguard UK got bought out, the new owners did not get the patent for Creed.
Alex Hodge was never compensated for his work properly. Fact.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:39 AM #134
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBunkerD View Post
Alex Hodge was never compensated for his work properly. Fact.
... You should go learn to read some others posts. Such as mine. As it clearly stated that alex wasnt paid for his work when it exchanged hands.

"But considering Alex didnt get paid from Vanguard far as i know, and how Vanguard did not purchase the rights to the creed and is discontinued, I could understand alex selling the design to another company with a few improvements."

Last edited by Shortbuscrew : 02-02-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:42 AM #135
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbuscrew View Post
... Go back to my post and learn to read, i did clarify that and you're just copying my post to tell me this? really?

Let my copy my part, highlight it and make it bold for you to be more capable of reading it other than coming off as some ***!@#$ troll telling me what i already know. Now F off.

"But considering Alex didnt get paid from Vanguard far as i know, and how Vanguard did not purchase the rights to the creed and is discontinued, I could understand alex selling the design to another company with a few improvements."
Hi. I wasn't talking to you. I don't know why you are butthurt right now, but do me a favor and relax. Thanks.
\
Enjoy the block list. LAWL.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 AM #136
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
[quote=GetBunkerD;77955273]Hi. I wasn't talking to you. I don't know why you are butthurt right now, but do me a favor and relax. Thanks.
\
Enjoy the block list. LAWL.[/QUOT

And the troll post you did was purely being.. A failed attempt to troll a statement, by only telling him that it was a fact, after he stated alex was never paid "Vanguard UK and when Vanguard UK got bought out, the new owners did not get the patent for Creed." You came off as a know it all and had to "correct" somebody who is infact correct from the start. I'm correcting you that i had it posted earlier in a thread that you seemed to have to post again. Making yourself feel special?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:58 AM #137
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Guys relax

Anyway - can't wait for it - it is going to be very good. We already know it is going to shoot around 1600-1800 balls (11 - 13 pods) with stock barrel. So more with proper bore matching.
For a Poppet crossed with a Spool, that is remarkable mix. Sure, it isn't G6R levels, but with some tweaking it probably will be not far off!

As for the amount of O-Rings in the system - sounds like not much! I think I count 4-5 on the spool system? Can you imagine how much it needs maintenance? I mean, no air blowing out of the system as the bolt is moved by the spool system..

Can't wait to get my hands on it and look inside! This is going to be the 'Ego of the Spool World'.

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
Old 02-02-2013, 02:29 AM #138
Nuke em
Nuke 'em if you got it!

Nuke em owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nuke em owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nuke em supports Team VICIOUS
Nuke em supports Team VICIOUS
I expect this gun to be really good. Looks like it comes with a two-piece barrel system, nice eyes, nice trigger, good grip frame, and a macro line-less regulator system. Definitely a top of the line marker, with their stated "1600-1800 balls" efficiency! The J4 Torque will be a great gun, as long as the developers keep updating small things along the way!

Here's my pen-tooled version to make all of the features easier to see:
Old 02-02-2013, 04:56 AM #139
disturbed989
gun whore addict

Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
The design looks and sounds good now we have to wait and see about the execution. Hopefully it turns out good because I would like to see another new company throw their hat in the high end ring.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:13 AM #140
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
J4 Paintball I have a design question.

If it doesn't have an LPR how are you doing the first low pressure movement? No matter if it's a spool or poppet. You need the soft touch at first so you don't blender paint.

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory & RIOT Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 AM #141
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
This belong to a designer who originally made this as the new Creed
Uhm, since nearly a whole page is dedicated to this, let me set this straight.

I know Alex Hodge. Shoot, we are friends on FB.

If Alex had worked on this, we would have said so. Unlike some other companies, we would be touting that Alex had worked on this if he wanted. After we are rolling we might send he a set of the CAD files just to make his own body, and we would pay him, upfront, like we do all of the people involved.

This is a new design. As in, no gun like this has ever been build besides my prototypes, and Ydna's Husher (built after my patent was filed.)

Any resemblance is accidental.

The only reason we bring this up is because Alex doesn't get enough props for his work as is. We would LOVE to bring an L x gun to market. But sadly this one isn't.

This design, the internals, concept, layout and such, is all ours.

Quote:
If it doesn't have an LPR how are you doing the first low pressure movement? No matter if it's a spool or poppet. You need the soft touch at first so you don't blender paint.
If I may challenge your statement a bit: The Shocker and LUXE?

No LPR, in fact I think the Shocker had 17lbs of forward movement pressure?

We have significantly lower operating pressure, and smaller surface areas. And we use tested partially balanced bias areas, figured from my initial testing done in 2005 or so. There is actually a counter balance for the rearward bias, because, unlike most stacked tube poppets, we have a higher rearward pressure then forward.

In the near future we can put out drivetrain systems that drop in and change the bias for an even smoother, slower, and lower force gun.

We played the long game, this is a very well tested design with 6 versions that have been tested to wearing out. The latest is incredibly simple, fast, smooth, and robust. Don't worry, you will see...

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 AM #142
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D3 division
The Luxe operates at around 200 psi and has no LPR. The Clone has no LPR and runs on 100 psi and has absolutely nothing to slow it's bolt movement down. These guns simply have smaller holes that go to infront or behind your bolt to slow the flow thus slowing the bolt down. I'm sure this has a nice soft bolt plus didn't it say Exalt made the bolt tip which means its a soft flat face.
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:01 AM #143
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nuke em - that looks great. Mind you, that is a our 'rough' body, before cosmetic finishes. The 'blank' - we plan on doing quite a few different styles if the market supports it.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-02-2013, 09:07 AM #144
Killabot
MoFo Gun Slinger

Killabot is a Supporting Member
Killabot owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Well all I know is I got to have this thing and hope that it comes in some freaking awesome colors!!
1 of 1 Pooty Clone GT
JMJ Featherlight Excalibur 04
Ironmen Timmy
Classic Timmy
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 AM #145
Mr. Stealthy

I love the lack of the LPR in the front. It will let you get your hands right up to the barrel like single tubes. Also a cool concept with a stacked spool valve. Lot of innovation here it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:19 AM #146
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
Understand wondering if you were using the luxe design or a dye spool design. Just curious on it See you guys at the expo.

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory & RIOT Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
Old 02-02-2013, 09:33 AM #147
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
Can't wait to see how it works out in production. I threw a rough design mildly similar to this together to replace the guts of the bottom tube of a spyder a few years back. I think it was posted up here. Spool valve bottom tube with the bolt connected. It was neutral balanced though and was designed to run an lpr. Would have been fun to build. Anyways, can't wait to see this shoot.
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.