bulzeye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
No hopper included, we promise!
come on you could have at least given us some false hope.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 09:22 PM #674
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
I suspect we will only be delaying it a month. In the meantime, we will show you guys how it works, and also show the externals and related.

And since it will be asked, no, we are not releasing the price yet.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-20-2013, 09:34 PM #675
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
I suspect we will only be delaying it a month. In the meantime, we will show you guys how it works, and also show the externals and related.

And since it will be asked, no, we are not releasing the price yet.
So you are going to show the gun off at the show. But your not going to give at least a price point.

Not sure how that will roll with the other companies releasing new stuff. I would say if anything give a worse case price so at least we have some to reference off.

But I would say good call on delaying the release. You only get one shot to make a first impression. Think of other high end markers companies that didn't and now see how there sales are going up in "Vapor"

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory & RIOT Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 PM #676
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
now see how there sales are going up in "Vapor"
Had #99 in here - actually quite a decent gun for some of it. Unfortunately I can see the DNA from the ZR1 and LUXE in it heavy. Lots of clever in it. Poor execution. The worst trigger I have felt in a while and the gun fired when you aired it up.

I hope people can see the problems with the ZR came from the same source. After a couple things were fixed I loved it. Stupid nice shooting gun.

I wonder if Spurlock is doing the SP guns still... I mean, GoG. Hmm. I am so less worried about the impulse now.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 PM #677
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
nah spurlock has no involvement with gog. Billy parted ways from him awhile ago, basically when italia started the .50 movement and partnered with spurlock to produce .50 versions of SP's designs.

To my knowledge its just alien and machine (spurlocks own and horrible company) that is currently being done. Then again im not 100% if jack rice is still working with him or not, havnt followed his work for some time.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 PM #678
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
I think he pissed off on of the major machinist and had to switch to somebody different. Or they are just busy on Italia's stuff...

There was a marked difference in the quality after SP.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-20-2013, 11:14 PM #679
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
This has the sound of Vaporware more and more every day. Hope you guys get beyond the prototype phase.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 AM #680
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2 View Post
This has the sound of Vaporware more and more every day. Hope you guys get beyond the prototype phase.
why does it sound like vaporware? they do have a working prototype, what it sounds like is they weren't happy with their "production" gun they received.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
Old 02-21-2013, 01:59 AM #681
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
As mentioned by others, the decision to delay is a hard one - but one that makes sense. Release a better product.

I've worked in the broadband (device testing) business a long time and the amount of times things get launched before they are ready and it comes back to bite is unbelievable. When time is taken, then a decent product is launched.

I can't wait to get my hands on it, shoot it, let people touch it and lick it. Then take it away and say "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH now buy one"

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
Old 02-21-2013, 06:53 AM #682
TrashHeep

TrashHeep owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
My biggest question is,production? Once you do officially release it, r u going to be able to keep up with the demand? If I order one, is it going to take months for it to get to me? Some of the other bigger companies have theses issues. Also what is the packaging like? Cardboard box or nice case? Does the gun come with extras? Like extra barrel backs and parts? Went thru the whole thread and I didn't see these questions asked? Just curious?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 AM #683
White Devil
El Jefe

Annual Supporting Member
White Devil supports Team VICIOUS
White Devil posts videos on PbNation
White Devil supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashHeep View Post
My biggest question is,production? Once you do officially release it, r u going to be able to keep up with the demand? If I order one, is it going to take months for it to get to me? Some of the other bigger companies have theses issues. Also what is the packaging like? Cardboard box or nice case? Does the gun come with extras? Like extra barrel backs and parts? Went thru the whole thread and I didn't see these questions asked? Just curious?
I think its gonna have most of those options. From previous postings, it looks like there are going to be different "packages", similar to how cars work. The cheapest one will most likely just be the gun, manual, barrel, and whatever else they decide. The "highend" package I believe will come with a deadlywind barrel and other good stuff, maybe even a nice case.

This isn't confirmed, and will not be confirmed until they release the gun and pricing info though.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:21 AM #684
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
My biggest question is,production? Once you do officially release it, r u going to be able to keep up with the demand?
That is where part of the team really shined. The Machine shop is top notch easy to work with, and if demand outstrips their machines they can have another up and running in 14 days. We made some design choices that means the next machine in can run the bodies non stop in an autofed operation.

If we get orders for thousands our expected time is 14 days for the machines, a couple weeks for parts to run, and assembly with us and the local guys knocking out and testing guns, we could handle ramp up in a month or so, the only lead time items being solenoids.

If we only have orders for a couple hundred, we will be done in less then a month.

We are planning a staged pre-order, similar to how WDP did it.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-21-2013, 07:24 AM #685
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
You have me so excited right now.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:44 AM #686
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I think its gonna have most of those options. From previous postings, it looks like there are going to be different "packages", similar to how cars work.
Yes, we plan on a TS (Top Shelf) version of the gun with upgrades throughout.

Also we plan on some short run limited edition bodies, instead of the yearly up of the design that makes the previous revisions obsolete. Part of the design allows for the areas that would receive changes in the future to be retrogradable for previous designs. And we fully expect some horrid variants.

That being said, the base variant availible at first should be upgradable for a few years at least. More like the Mini then like the DM series. Part of the reason for the delay - to make sure what we put together can be solid for a while, instead of just good enough.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-21-2013, 12:01 PM #687
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
I like the idea of limited run bodies. Similar to bob long. I think it beats the limited anno idea of eclipse macdev etc
Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 PM #688
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
come on you could have at least given us some false hope.
For $200 more we offer a free loader! It is fast as a Rotor! (Looks a lot like it also...)

Happy?

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM #689
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
For an extra $1000, Josh will hand deliver your marker anywhere in the world

Old 02-21-2013, 12:24 PM #690
Kazer

Kazer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
For an extra $1000, Josh will hand deliver your marker anywhere in the world
Only if he takes shots with me. 1 shot per each time the creed was mentioned in this thread.
Worth it.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 PM #691
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
Only if he takes shots with me. 1 shot per each time the creed was mentioned in this thread.
Worth it.
At this point, I think you should just chug the whole bottle.

Like I asked before, is J4 planning to have any presence out here in Southern California and doing any demos besides PBE? I know a lot of us here would love to see these and check them out.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 PM #692
TrashHeep

TrashHeep owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Please tell me even though there is different prices, they will all come with a gun case! There is nothing worse than having a nice gun...say like a bob long and paying the money, and having no case for it!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM #693
Kazer

Kazer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashHeep View Post
Please tell me even though there is different prices, they will all come with a gun case! There is nothing worse than having a nice gun...say like a bob long and paying the money, and having no case for it!
Understood Gat Wraps. Things are fantastic.
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.