PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 06:40 AM #43
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
As already stated, this originates from Josh Coray (Pbjosh) you can do a simple google search and find a god bit of info on this, looks like hes been looking for investors for a while, the company J4 looks like it was started around 2005 from what ive found. from his startup bio it sounds like these will not be milled in house.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2013, 06:58 AM #44
cmhary369

Sounds really cool
Old 02-01-2013, 07:11 AM #45
pop_pop
Drilla all Day and Night

Annual Supporting Member
pop_pop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pop_pop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pop_pop has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pop_pop has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
pop_pop supports Empire
That's really exciting stuff. Best of luck, I can't wait to fire one of these and see how it feels.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 AM #46
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
Going to offer any special deals or special edition type markers for us at the EXPO??? That would be a nice cherry on top of the ice cream sundae.

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory & RIOT Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 AM #47
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Gotta love the speculation on PBNtion! You guys make up the best stuff. I can't wait to read more.

But, from the FB page, we did post:

Quote:
As a Pre-pre-FAQ: What is a Stacked Tube Spool (STS) gun?

In the case of the Torque, it is a gun that has two 'tubes', the top one has the bolt, barrel and feedneck, the bottom has the valve and piston. Normally the a stacked tube gun has a poppet valve on the bottom, with a hammer and a ram. Well, we took all of that out and replaced it with... a single moving spool valve.

What does this mean for the action of the gun, the performance and complexity? It could be the worst of both stacked tube guns and spoolers, but it isn't.

The main advantages are apparent - it is far easier to clean a broken paintball out of then any other spool valve gun, the bolt just pops out like an Ego, Impulse, Intimidator or any relative stacked tube gun. You do not have to de-gass it, so mid game, or post game clean up is far faster and easier then a normal spooler. In addition, like the rammer on the Ego, the spool just drops right out, and only has 3 o-rings.

But look inside and there is the big difference. When you pop out the spool, there isn't anything else. There is no valve. The front of the gun is volume chamber and that is it. The 3 o-rings on the piston, plus one on the rear pin are all the o-rings you have to lube up, replace, or take care of.

But how does it shoot? Most stacked tube guns are loud and have kick - and there is where this gun really shines. You will have to see, hear and feel it to see for yourself, but it is smooth, quiet and very fast, as some people here will be able to tell you.

Ask away if you have any questions!
J4's gun the Torque is not the new Creed, sorry, though thank you for the praise. It is an entirely new class of gun, and the parts are bespoke.

See, way back in the days of pumps we had the inline (nelson) and stacked tube (Sheridan) style pumps. Then that transferred to Semi-autos... the Tippmann's and VM-68/Illustrator type guns. Then we got the spoolers, Automags, Novas, to Matrix and such.

But short of the Shoebox Shocker, we never really had an easy to clean and maintain spooler. That is where the patent #7610907 steps in:

This is a Stacked Tube Spooler (STS) that has a lower mounted spool carry the bolt.

It really isn't like any gun out there. This is really, for the first time in quite a while, a totally new gun design.

More details later.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-01-2013, 07:54 AM #48
Steve M
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Annual Supporting Member
Steve M plays in the APPA D4 division
Steve M supports DLX Technology
Steve M supports Empire
Interesting! Can't wait to see this.

Back Players Gang | Fat Ballers Club | Da Luxe MOB | Shocker Owners Club
Old 02-01-2013, 07:59 AM #49
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
I have seen the mule it works its takes 10 sec to pull apart and has minimal kick. Unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to shoot it under high rates of fire but test firing its a dream and will be a great gun.

You PB nationers should be supportive of company's coming into your sport especially one that has reputable designers from past paintball company's and even a little of the ones you all love today so if you haven't seen it don't talk **** and don't call it what it's not. When you shoot it and use it and see the user friendliness you might be more thankful or then you can run your mouth if you still disagree but not until then.

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 02-01-2013, 08:25 AM #50
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenHero_08 View Post
As already stated, this originates from Josh Coray (Pbjosh) you can do a simple google search and find a god bit of info on this, looks like hes been looking for investors for a while, the company J4 looks like it was started around 2005 from what ive found. from his startup bio it sounds like these will not be milled in house.
Fact.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 AM #51
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
Gotta love the speculation on PBNtion! You guys make up the best stuff. I can't wait to read more.

But, from the FB page, we did post:

J4's gun the Torque is not the new Creed, sorry, though thank you for the praise. It is an entirely new class of gun, and the parts are bespoke.

See, way back in the days of pumps we had the inline (nelson) and stacked tube (Sheridan) style pumps. Then that transferred to Semi-autos... the Tippmann's and VM-68/Illustrator type guns. Then we got the spoolers, Automags, Novas, to Matrix and such.

But short of the Shoebox Shocker, we never really had an easy to clean and maintain spooler. That is where the patent #7610907 steps in:

This is a Stacked Tube Spooler (STS) that has a lower mounted spool carry the bolt.

It really isn't like any gun out there. This is really, for the first time in quite a while, a totally new gun design.

More details later.
Say Hi to Hodge for us!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:27 AM #52
ryanhall41
Ryan from Arc Anodizing

closed or open bolt?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 AM #53
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanhall41 View Post
closed or open bolt?
Open bolt

"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 AM #54
ryanhall41
Ryan from Arc Anodizing

cool, I was just thinking that i would easily be done as a closed bolt due to the design but I didn't really see much of an advantage for that
Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 AM #56
tim2thousand4
Breakout Action Sports!

Annual Supporting Member
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 is playing at Living Legends VII
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
Always good to see a new company come to life! Good luck guys!

Bob long insight soft face bolts in stock now!!
Hottest new markers!!www.breakoutactionsports.com
Old 02-01-2013, 08:40 AM #57
ophooligan
Avid Death Squad

ophooligan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
And people said the death of the NPPL would stifle industry growth....
HAAAAAA, nice work. I like what you did there...
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM #58
MisfitKillaz
Bleedin' Green

MisfitKillaz plays in the PSP
MisfitKillaz is an NCPA player
MisfitKillaz plays in the APPA D4 division
Spools have always been easy to clean, that main selling point is pretty laughable. I will say the gun is interesting and I really want to get my hands on it. A little concerned about the hall-effect sensor though. Every time I've seen that applied in the paintball industry it hasnt been very durable.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 AM #59
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitKillaz View Post
Every time I've seen that applied in the paintball industry it hasnt been very durable.
*Cough*Sandridge*Cough*

EΔRL
Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 AM #60
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitKillaz View Post
Spools have always been easy to clean, that main selling point is pretty laughable. I will say the gun is interesting and I really want to get my hands on it. A little concerned about the hall-effect sensor though. Every time I've seen that applied in the paintball industry it hasnt been very durable.
The one point your missing is you have to pull the entire engine out of the gun to clean a ball break and you also risk tearing an o ring when you reinstall and you want to do that in middle of a game or would you rather pull a bolt pin clean reinstall bolt done.
Plus the engine has I think 3 I rings wow how simple could It be if you ever had a leak.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:09 AM #61
pbjosh
In February -

pbjosh is a founding member
pbjosh works for a Paintball manufacturer
Hmmm... the sandridge had HE sensors mounted to the ram, out in the front of the gun, open to getting shot, held on by clamps?

Think Mini trigger. It is a HE trigger, mounted in the gun. No major problems with that, are there?

Our HE sensor is a tad bigger then the Mini's. And is on the eye daughterboard, so it is a quick and cheap replacement. Don't worry, we have been working on this for a while, we throught through that.

Colin @ Deadly wind: “We need to stay away from each other. You scare me.”

Owner of Patent #7610907: Paintball marker action assembly
Old 02-01-2013, 09:19 AM #62
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Doesn't that result in electrical over dwell? The system compensates mechanically, but I'm not sure i totally see the advantage of introducing a second sensing system. You need a really fast reacting noid to makes feedback system work, don't you? Time delay like pneu lag is a real b to work with in controls

Granted its just electrical power being used in that system, but still, if electronic over dwell is ok it seems to me the advantage over a fixed number are limited.

Perhaps the algorithm is more in depth
Old 02-01-2013, 09:25 AM #63
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Looks interesting. I love new stuff coming out. Hope it all works out well.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.