PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 AM #547
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

is the reverse threaded screw not enough to make you stop and think?

WTB cocker pneus, slider & Karni FB

PMR UL Frame FS

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 AM #548
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
I'd tend to agree with this.

I'm also thinking that the advantage of having the valve and drivetrain in the bottom tube is that you are keeping people out of somewhere they don't need to be on a regular basis.

for maintenance after a day's play, all you have to do is pop the bolt off, run a pull thru and you're done.

With a DM, you'd have to remove the entire valve assembly, giving access to all those orings that could get rolled or what have you.

To me it seems like an easy way to help stupid proof the gun.

Think how Planet moved the rear frame screw into the frame, making you open up the grips and make sure everything was unplugged before taking them apart. This happened after a pro paintballer (I wanna say Nicki Cuba for some reason...) brought them a gun at an even with the solenoid and eye wires sheared off cuz they forgot.

PS - Josh/Tony (not sure who's behind the corporate account) I love the website.
If you are too stupid to maintain a gun then you shouldn't be operating a firearm.

Also, it isn't a pull through after a days play. You will most likely need to remove the ram to clean it after a day's play and apply lube before you go out and play in order to keep it running.

Most spool valves use a lot of lube due to the amount of Orings they are sliding on. Poppets should also be lubed, but you can get away with more because most of them only have 2-3 Orings in the lower tube. Spools can have up to a dozen Orings that need lube.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 AM #549
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post

If you are too stupid to maintain a gun then you shouldn't be operating a firearm.

Also, it isn't a pull through after a days play. You will most likely need to remove the ram to clean it after a day's play and apply lube before you go out and play in order to keep it running.

Most spool valves use a lot of lube due to the amount of Orings they are sliding on. Poppets should also be lubed, but you can get away with more because most of them only have 2-3 Orings in the lower tube. Spools can have up to a dozen Orings that need lube.
Ion the reverse thread screw makes me question which way to turn it but only out of habit from owning countless cockers and Timmy's I always open grip panels when taking frame off.

Paper cut good luck with that thought process not trying to be rude but you can't look at it that way they will always find a way to own a marker and screw it up. If everyone would read a manual before they even play with a gun you would be better off but they don't and they wi continue to own guns until you become president and figure out a way then.

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM #550
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Quote:

You break down your gun after every day of play?

I know many people that don't touch their markers for a couple cases - especially poppits.

PMR UL Frame FS

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:27 AM #551
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

I know many people that don't touch their markers for a couple cases - especially poppits.
poppet*

and yes, I take care of my equipment.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 AM #552
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Quote:

I don't pull my poppet out every weekend but pull ram out every time and clean and relube.

And the many ppl you know are probably why most should stay away from used egos. Because there trashed and poorly maintained.

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM #553
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
I gotta say I strip my markers down after every day of play just to make sure no rubbish has gotten into the ram housing etc.
Basically, my markers look immaculate inside and out
I don't re-lube the HPR/LPR - just the bolt and oil the rammer... depending on if it is a Spoolie of Poppet.

Only just got my Alien Invasion...

My EGO 11, I had to service the HPR after 5 cases of paint... other than that, it was problem free.

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM #554
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Quote:
poppet*

and yes, I take care of my equipment.
It's not like these markers are neglected! They're in beautiful shape. It's just not necessary to break it down completely after each day, IMO. Especially since we don't end up shooting that much paint.

back on topic... from what I understand of this marker, there's a total of 3 dynamic orings, not including any possible bolt orings (which don't count on stacked tube markers)

which is a total of... 1 more than an ego/timmy/nerve/pick-your-stacked-poppet? it's as basic (as far as I understand it, and in terms of orings only) as say... a DP G3/4/5/whatever-number-they're-at-now, a HP Ion bolt, a FreeStyle, a Techt L7 bolt...

PS YDNA's animation dump is out of date! there's no Geo or Etha one

PMR UL Frame FS

Jack Wood:
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 AM #555
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
they will always find a way to own a marker and screw it up.
I am only half joking when I was talking to a shop that due to the general lack of much to do wrong it will lead to our normal product base being the guys who won't own a LUXE because it is too complicated.

We ran into that with Cocker/Mags back in the day. Certain people just couldn't figure a cocker out, so they got a mag. It worked and ran just fine. So the less technical could figure it out. But if you were more technical, you ended up being a cocker owner. Some people you just hand the extra Tippmann you have. I suspect this will be for the Tippmann/Mag guys, and hence, our workload will be a bit more.

There will be some items that will have to go through a few generations before we find out all what the players break instead of ourselves. But that happens with most every gun. Though Cockers took a long time to do that. We did setup some of the parts to be very easy to replace and upgrade, just in case, and also for some fun aftermarket upgrades.

People screw up Tippmanns all the time, I am kinda curious how people are going to break this.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-15-2013, 12:11 PM #556
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
I am only half joking when I was talking to a shop that due to the general lack of much to do wrong it will lead to our normal product base being the guys who won't own a LUXE because it is too complicated.

We ran into that with Cocker/Mags back in the day. Certain people just couldn't figure a cocker out, so they got a mag. It worked and ran just fine. So the less technical could figure it out. But if you were more technical, you ended up being a cocker owner. Some people you just hand the extra Tippmann you have. I suspect this will be for the Tippmann/Mag guys, and hence, our workload will be a bit more.

There will be some items that will have to go through a few generations before we find out all what the players break instead of ourselves. But that happens with most every gun. Though Cockers took a long time to do that. We did setup some of the parts to be very easy to replace and upgrade, just in case, and also for some fun aftermarket upgrades.

People screw up Tippmanns all the time, I am kinda curious how people are going to break this.
I think one possibility: you know the hole on the bottom of the body where you went through to drill the hole for the air to come out of the valve and into the bolt. The little screw on the bottom to plug that hole. I bet there will be someone who screws that in too far and shreds the ram.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:13 PM #557
Morbidrequiem

Hopefully not with a hammer, but if they do...

Video please. xD
Old 02-15-2013, 12:15 PM #558
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Quote:
I think one possibility: you know the hole on the bottom of the body where you went through to drill the hole for the air to come out of the valve and into the bolt. The little screw on the bottom to plug that hole. I bet there will be someone who screws that in too far and shreds the ram.
Oooooo I didn't think of that...

Can definitely see some kid going "why won't my marker fire?!?! it only cycles part way!"

PMR UL Frame FS

Jack Wood:
Old 02-15-2013, 12:15 PM #559
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Challenge Accepted!

Old 02-15-2013, 02:29 PM #560
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
you know the hole on the bottom of the body where you went through to drill the hole for the air to come out of the valve and into the bolt. The little screw on the bottom to plug that hole. I bet there will be someone who screws that in too far and shreds the ram.
See, this is where I kinda smile about this design and what we did with it:

There isn't a hole from the bottom for the air passage.

Don't expect this to be like anything you have seen.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 PM #561
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Challenge Accepted!
(Makes note the Warranty doesn't apply to WildWayz)

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-15-2013, 02:35 PM #562
KurtPB
iLurk

Annual Supporting Member
KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VI
KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:

Kind of sounds like you're saying the mag community isn't technical. They've basically carried their own marker/aftermarket for some years now.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 PM #563
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
See, this is where I kinda smile about this design and what we did with it:

There isn't a hole from the bottom for the air passage.

Don't expect this to be like anything you have seen.
How about the solenoid? Did you simplify it? If you didn't who makes it? Parker or Humphrey?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:50 PM #564
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
(Makes note the Warranty doesn't apply to WildWayz)
I break (guns) for women

Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM #565
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

juggernaught_lives plays in the PSP
juggernaught_lives is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE2Cocker View Post
The shearing wires will always happen until a wireless setup or board gets a prong setup like the axe but even then ppl will still find a way to bend break or incorrectly assemble parts stupid ppl aren't going anywhere just getting worse.
Stupid people keep me in business...seriously.

Quote:
...I am kinda curious how people are going to break this.
remember you asked for it
Dye i4 LENSES and MASK BAGS F/S/T
Disruptive Custom Anodized Full Barrel Kit with 15" Carbon Fiber Tip and Barrel Case
Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM #566
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
My intimidator came freshly lubed with axle grease(no lie). I'm waiting on it to come back from the repair shop.

I opened it up:
Old 02-15-2013, 03:02 PM #567
TS4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
Just curious,

Why stack tubed spool?

Besides "being different " what are the design benefits of a stacked spool over an inline setup?
Going to assume they want the efficiency and ease of maintenance of a poppet, but the smoothness and lower sound of a spool balanced in one gun. Just a guess though... Can't wait to see the full pics and specs.
BL Insight http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4175257
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.