Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 12:54 PM #442
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
People are expecting the best features of both spool and poppet, like this is the gun that bridges the gaps and is the perfect marker. In truth it is a simple spool valve blow forward that is set up to be stacked tube.
Once you get more info I think you'll realize it's got a bit more finesse than a simple spool valve blow forward. I don't think 1600 shots per fill is out of the question, which is about on par with poppets these days. Might even be a little on the low side for an estimate.

But until more info is released, you can't change what people are going to imagine in the space of the unknown. Including you.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 PM #443
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Once you get more info I think you'll realize it's got a bit more finesse than a simple spool valve blow forward. I don't think 1600 shots per fill is out of the question, which is about on par with poppets these days. Might even be a little on the low side for an estimate.

But until more info is released, you can't change what people are going to imagine in the space of the unknown. Including you.
I'm taking a "wait and see" position. Because so far most of the guesses(and they are guesses) have been conflicting. Originally I thought it was balanced, then I was told it was a blow forward and I was an idiot for thinking it was balanced, now I'm called an idiot for thinking its a blow forward.

So, I'm not going to believe anything until the gun actually comes out.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 02-11-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 PM #444
Umami
Mad as a hatter

I'm not calling you an idiot, I'm just telling you not to jump to conclusions (as you're accusing other people of doing).

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:04 PM #445
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
I assume it will throw paintballs out a round tube. You can take that statement to the bank.

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory & RIOT Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
Old 02-11-2013, 02:06 PM #446
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUJU View Post
I assume it will throw paintballs out a round tube. You can take that statement to the bank.
I'm going to go with cylindrical tubes

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
Old 02-11-2013, 02:15 PM #447
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Quote:
You just have to make sure the gnomes are well-fed.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:19 PM #448
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
I'm just saying people should expect reality, not a gun that gets 2500 shots to a 68/45, has no kick, makes no noise, weighs less than 2lbs with barrel, and requires almost no maintenance. I'm sure it will be a good gun, and may have some of those, but if people are expecting more some supergun that puts everything else to shame by being better than every other gun in every way, they will be disappointed when it does come out, and will most likely say its **** because it doesn't live up to their impossible expectations.
That would be a fantastic gun, which one are you talking about? Not ours. I think we have stated ours will get about 1600+, which is really just a tube more than a LUXE, and it will be similar to a LUXE in kick and noise level (maybe not better, but the most common comment is that it feels like a LUXE) and that it will be easy to clean compared to most spoolers. We are not making outrageous claims, shoot; the Macdev GT gets 1700+ iirc.

The big two parts this offers is the self-timing and some simplicity. It is mostly just a new layout that might be the merge some people want. Shoot, we think it is cool. And it does shoot nice! Hey, a nice shooting gun that might have the right feel for some people might be all this it; I do think we have put enough thought into that to make it rugged.

We will be the first to say it is not the perfect gun for everybody, nor does it belong on a shelf as you have described. That is a strawman, and we are not setting this gun up to be something like that. We are not saying this will be easier than an Ego to take care of, is should be about the same, short of the LPR. It is going to be fairly light. That is what people should expect.

And we are not a big company - we are starting up. This will not be the 10th version of the gun. This will be generation 1 for production. Unlike some though, we have had running prototypes for over 8 years. The patent was filed 7 years ago, awarded over 3 years ago, the current internals we have been running with almost no change in design for 2 years. Now we are confident enough in our design to launch it.

The old adage is, you can have things Good, Fast, or Affordable. We didn't do this Fast. This is not a rushed design that had money thrown at it.

We are working manufacturing with a group of guys that have a history of making paintball equipment; they are not new to the industry either. We have been around helping other people bring product to market, doing upgrade parts, refining others for over 10 years while being store and field owners and related on and off since our first field over 17 years ago. We are ingrained with the industry.

We have taken our time, refined the design, improved it, simplified it, rebuilt and in the end what we are bringing to PBE is our first showing of the pre-production gun. Nothing more. Have you seen our motto?:

“Tech. Not hype.”

We really appreciate the excitement, the encouragement and overall well-being from the (we hope) future customers and the industry, even other manufacturers. But we are not going to set ourselves up like this gun is something that is anything like what is described above.

That would be suicide. This is a solid gun, tested over the long haul. We are not going to jinx it by making claims it is something it is not.

We feel this gun will speak for itself, that the technology we designed into it will be apparent, and welcomed. We don’t need to put this up on a shelf as if it is the ‘best-everything-ever-gun’. We don’t need to hype this to some crazy level to sell it. No need for anybody to put those words in our mouth.

We believe this will sell itself. That shooting it, tearing it down, and working with it every day the player will know and recommend this gun. That is how we will build sales. Not claiming that is it better than every gun before just because of an O-ring placed in the breech or the pressure it runs at or the slightly different airpath. We are not setting it out to be the greatest thing ever, and we don’t want and people buying thinking it is shooting straighter just because of made up claims.

This gun will sell because we will build a good product that is simple and smart and works. If we don’t, we deserve to fail. We are in this for the long term, and we are going to act like it. We are setting up slowly, working on a good network, working to make sure we are intergrated with the industry.

Thanks guys! See you at PBE.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Last edited by J4 Paintball : 02-11-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:23 PM #449
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Dammit, I have to go to the Liquor Store...again
I have found it is best to read this thread a few times in the evening, instead of all at once.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-11-2013, 05:28 PM #450
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
Vegard is Boss
If your product is where your mouth is I might actually get one nib, that'd be a first in 12 years.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
Old 02-11-2013, 05:55 PM #451
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
If your product is where your mouth is I might actually get one nib, that'd be a first in 12 years.
I was thinking the same thing, but in half the time

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
Old 02-11-2013, 06:55 PM #452
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
stuff by you
Hype doesn't come from the manufacturer. Everyone is projecting their own fantasies onto the gun, and like I said the 2500 shots was a hyperbole, I figured it was such a high number that would be obvious, I suppose I placed too much faith in my fellow man. I am simply trying to say to those trying to imagine what the gun will be like, keep your feet on the ground.
Though, if you're comparing it to the luxe I assume you're pricing the gun around $1200-1500?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 PM #453
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Though, if you're comparing it to the luxe
No, by happy accident, the way it shoots gets compared to a LUXE. It reminds me more of the Shoebox Shocker, but not many people have shot that, so they say LUXE.

But hey, Ions can shoot that well, just seems most people just say LUXE. I am not complaining. One person said a Droid. It is a spooler that runs low pressure and has smaller surface areas then any of the above guns. It should shoot kinda like them. Nothing really remarkable.

$1500 - lets just say that is a bit high...

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 PM #454
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
I would think a gun like this would need to be in the $800 range to make it happen. I'm not picking on your gun. Same with the Vanquish or whatever else is coming out. Performance is key but so is price point. I'm curious again to see what price everyone is at. With the high end getting more competition, manufacturers are going to fight for customers.

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory & RIOT Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 PM #455
GoBigPaintball

Annual Supporting Member
GoBigPaintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
GoBigPaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
We where able to shoot one of the first versions of the marker Josh and his team where working on and it was...how do I say, fan-freaking-tastic. Smoother than a luxe, and butter smooth. So when is GO BIG going to be getting them Josh?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 PM #456
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigPaintball View Post
We where able to shoot one of the first versions of the marker Josh and his team where working on and it was...how do I say, fan-freaking-tastic. Smoother than a luxe, and butter smooth. So when is GO BIG going to be getting them Josh?
Same here never seen the electronics and had a crappy make shift reg but the mech version was awesome smooth and made a sound signature like an old cocker. Smoothness would be like josh said like the old shoeboxes the weight made them smooth IMO, but this gun has a competitive weight with everything out today and still smooth it will be great and i cant wait to see what the did with reg and electronics

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 PM #457
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I would think a gun like this would need to be in the $800 range to make it happen. I'm not picking on your gun. Same with the Vanquish or whatever else is coming out. Performance is key but so is price point. I'm curious again to see what price everyone is at. With the high end getting more competition, manufacturers are going to fight for customers.
Which is odd considering low to mid end manufacturers are raking in money hand over fist.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 PM #458
GoBigPaintball

Annual Supporting Member
GoBigPaintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
GoBigPaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE2Cocker View Post
Same here never seen the electronics and had a crappy make shift reg but the mech version was awesome smooth and made a sound signature like an old cocker. Smoothness would be like josh said like the old shoeboxes the weight made them smooth IMO, but this gun has a competitive weight with everything out today and still smooth it will be great and i cant wait to see what the did with reg and electronics
Honestly, if the final version is anything like what we shot 6-9 months ago, it's going to blow your socks off. The version we shot was essentially a partially milled body...can't wait to see what the final version is going to look like.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 PM #459
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
I don't even know if it had any milling but it will be awesome it's so simple it's stupid seriously I honestly can't wait to get a hold of one shoot it all weekend then lookforward to cleaning it when I get homes because it will be extremely user friendly I it's anything like what we saw

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 02-11-2013, 11:13 PM #460
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
So when is GO BIG going to be getting them Josh?
I was thinking a GO BIG special milled version...

We expect the first set of (non GO BIG) guns to be ready at the end of March/early April, pending any changes.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-11-2013, 11:17 PM #461
Jaccen

I'm interested largely on account of the HES. Looking forward to what it's used for, reliability, etc. Definitely a marker I'll be keeping an eye on.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:21 AM #462
XKE

Annual Supporting Member
XKE plays in the APPA D1 division
I like the straight forward no-nonsense attitude.

I dont know if the marker will be for me or not. I am interested in it though.
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.