Annual Supporting Member
kwik is a Supporting Member
kwik is playing at Living Legends VI
kwik is playing at Living Legends VII
kwik supports Team VICIOUS
kwik supports Pev's Paintball
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
What field testing is going to take you more than a day?

You can fit in many games in one day including initial setup and chrono tuning, you can get fills all day to keep testing and have plenty of time to put it through almost any test you want to as long as you have prepared those tests properly.

I am not sure what you would like to test that takes more than a whole day?

Also, a quick field strip bolt is/was an innovation when they were first used - they made it ten times easier and less time consuming to clean and work on your marker, just like your analogy of the first use of electronic eyes....they were just innovations in different areas.

ICD-Owners

Last edited by kwik : 02-07-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM #380
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Just so anyone knows if your skeptical about buying one and you are in the south Texas area I will be buying one so if you wanna shoot it or try it before you purchase yours let me know

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 PM #381
PModern

PModern plays in the PSP
PModern plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by password1 View Post
The modern take can be found in a reputable source like Merriam Webster:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aesthetic
appreciative of, responsive to, or zealous about the beautiful; also : responsive to or appreciative of what is pleasurable to the senses
I'm not sure you read your link. I am sure that there is someone on the internet that finds a stacked tube beautiful. I don't think that is the primary reason for the bolt.

I would also consider the use or the HES to track bolt position to be an innovation. It was tried before on the Sandridge. It wasn't great. It isn't a brand new idea but is Skype not innovative because Cisco came out with some awful video conferencing solution fifteen years ago?

Last edited by PModern : 02-07-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:01 PM #382
mas11j

mas11j plays in the PSP
And now this thread is no fun.

Last edited by mas11j : 02-07-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-07-2013, 01:27 PM #383
_aNoDyNe_
aXe UseR

_aNoDyNe_ plays in the APPA D5 division
_aNoDyNe_ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
_aNoDyNe_ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hmmm...different...
Old 02-07-2013, 01:54 PM #384
63VDub

has been a member for 10 years
It's all in good fun. password got me ruffled, and I, in turn, got him. I am looking forward to seeing this marker succeed.

I am at the pinnacle of mediocrity.

Wiring problems? I know the man who can hook you up with a brand new FURIOUS harness!!CLICK HERE!

http://www.icd-owners.com/ It's where you need to be.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:03 PM #385
Kazer

Kazer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63VDub View Post
It's all in good fun. password got me ruffled, and I, in turn, got him. I am looking forward to seeing this marker succeed.
I read this in Sean Connery's voice from Finding Forrester. You got him, he got you, write the letter.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:06 PM #386
White Devil
El Jefe

Annual Supporting Member
White Devil supports Team VICIOUS
White Devil posts videos on PbNation
White Devil supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63VDub View Post
Same.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:26 PM #387
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
I read this in Sean Connery's voice from Finding Forrester. You got him, he got you, write the letter.
LOL Me too. Great movie. I hope this marker comes in purple. Or black.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 02-07-2013, 03:00 PM #388
kwik
Herbal Cultivar M.D.

Annual Supporting Member
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
lol, who knows maybe dub is Connery! gasp.....

=P

Neeed PBE to happen and the 4 million pictures to be posted on PBN.

ICD-Owners
Old 02-07-2013, 03:12 PM #389
63VDub

kwik, watch my vids. I sound NOTHING like Connery. Unless Sir Sean is a backwoods redneck.

Wiring problems? I know the man who can hook you up with a brand new FURIOUS harness!!CLICK HERE!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:19 PM #390
kwik
Herbal Cultivar M.D.

Annual Supporting Member
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
lmao, i know...I watch most of the vids in JT's youtube channel, got to see what you guys look like =)

ICD-Owners
Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 PM #391
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
mmmm yuengling... to bad it wasnt friday this thread could make it a good night
Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 AM #392
kostis11

kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 is attending Decay of Nations VII
kostis11 supports DLX Technology
nice, get me more guns
Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 AM #393
password1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik View Post
What field testing is going to take you more than a day?
Also, a quick field strip bolt is/was an innovation when they were first used - they made it ten times easier and less time consuming to clean and work on your marker, just like your analogy of the first use of electronic eyes....they were just innovations in different areas.
I wish the people I play with were so nice. In my area, none would let a stranger borrow their brand new marker for the entire day to do 'fiend-like' testing.

I must be not critical enough (or too critical?). Because it takes me a long time (like at least two days), before I get the feel for new equipment.

Completely agree with your statement that a field strip bolt was an innovation two decades ago when it originally came out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PModern View Post
I'm not sure you read your link. I am sure that there is someone on the internet that finds a stacked tube beautiful. I don't think that is the primary reason for the bolt.

I would also consider the use or the HES to track bolt position to be an innovation. It was tried before on the Sandridge. It wasn't great. It isn't a brand new idea but is Skype not innovative because Cisco came out with some awful video conferencing solution fifteen years ago?
I don't think you are correct, I'm sure there is someone who finds a stacked tube beautiful. Since I was saying neither the aesthetics nor functional aspects are innovative... and in no way said the look wasn't attractive to someone... I don't understand what you are trying to say.

The HES solution to FSDO and finicky dwell setting is 'new' so it does fit the innovation definition. Although since it's a fix to a spool's flawed design, I wouldn't really say it deserves the 'innovative' implications. i.e. a technological advancement that brings functional benefits that were not already present in the field.

It's kind of like laptops that came with a 'cooling tray'... a device which looked remarkably similar to a TV tray. Designed to prevent your lap from getting burnt and the system from overheating. I didn't consider that an innovation either. Maybe I'm just not so eager to throw words around or maybe I'm tired of the constant hype from these companies. Dunno.

63duvs: I must not have been paying attention. Were you trying to get me ruffled? Sorry I got you ruffled. It's just a forum. Try not to take it so seriously.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 AM #394
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
I don't like the " if you don't like it, we didn't build it for you" attitude. I live in a rural area. I doubt there are going to be many guys around that own one, let alone let everyone try out their "under $2000" marker for an entire day. It's not like an ion in their prime where every other person had one. This is a small relatively unheard of company and taking the approach of "if you don't like it **** off" approach is rather piss poor in my opinion.

I hope it works out, and I hope it's inexpensive and available. I really would like to own one, but with the way things are going, I doubt it happens. There are too many fantastic markers out there today with companies that want my opinion and my business than to deal with a company that has this attitude of elitism and superiority over their customer base.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 AM #395
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
I guess fields are different.

Last weekend, I was at a weekend big game in the UK. On the saturday, this youngsters (17 or 18 year old?) Etha went down, so I lent him my just picked up Alien Invasion 2012 and lent it to him, even though I was heading home due to a back problem.
Didn't even know his name.
Next day, he brought it back to me all nice and clean.

Anyway back on topic... Can't wait to get my hands on this marker. Love playing with shiney new toys !

Markers: Bob Long Insight, MVP, 2012 G6R and VCOM

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
Old 02-08-2013, 10:55 AM #396
63VDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by password1 View Post
63vdub: I must not have been paying attention. Were you trying to get me ruffled? Sorry I got you ruffled. It's just a forum. Try not to take it so seriously.
Oh, I usually don't. I'm a rural guy myself and will have to travel a way to try one, but most of the guys I play with are good about loaning stuff out.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM #397
L3GIT Meyham

Smile

Ok guys josh just sent me an email of a pic of the grip frame and lower half of the gun (ie) the trigger guard and front grip. Wow does it look good. Low and long. Good spacing between the grip frame and front foregrip. Looks very comfortable. I can't wait to see this finished.
J4 Paintball/marketing campaign & logo design

CBC (Christian Ballers Club)
EKK elite
Old 02-08-2013, 02:21 PM #398
CON*RAD
Infinity Legend

Annual Supporting Member
CON*RAD is playing at Living Legends VI
CON*RAD owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CON*RAD is for the Gunfight
CON*RAD is for the Gunfight
You should share. If the spacing is anything like the demon, or luxe I'm sure I'd like it.

Check out my marker sale! Luxe, vapor, pm8 and etek inside-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post83620681
Old 02-08-2013, 02:58 PM #399
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GIT Meyham View Post
Ok guys josh just sent me an email of a pic of the grip frame and lower half of the gun (ie) the trigger guard and front grip. Wow does it look good. Low and long. Good spacing between the grip frame and front foregrip. Looks very comfortable. I can't wait to see this finished.
Again why do people do this. "Hey just saw a picture but I can't share it. You guys will have to wait till it comes out. But I know what it looks like."

I know stuff about other guns but you don't post crap like that. Nothing like rubbing salt in the wounds.

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory & RIOT Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.