What the **** is a nootropic?
Nootropics - also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, neuro enhancers, cognitive enhancers, and intelligence enhancers, are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods that purportedly improve mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration.
There's tons of information on the internet about many different types nootropics that aid brain function, most provide support to other body systems too.
Here's a decent article for those interested to start you off: http://www.unfinishedman.com/nootrop...#axzz2JWgrVSdH
I've been doing some research all night about which supplements I want to start taking and I've got 8 new ones picked out that I'm about to go see if I can find at the store.
As well improving cognitive functions, multiple drugs I have chosen also provide cardiovascular benefits, which are important for me on adderall, antioxidant properties and nervous system support, among other things. Also the some of the supplements should help to keep my tolerance to my adderall down as well as increase the effects with the other enhancements provided by the supplements.
Including what I already have been taking I will be taking these daily:
- Memory/Alertness/Prevent lack of oxygen/Improves night vision
- Heart health/Short term memory
- Antioxidant/Anti-inflammitory/Keep organ tissue healthy/Prevent cognitive decline(More in old folks)
- Memory/Alertness/Anti-Depressant/Can suppress appetite and increase sexual interest
- If you only wanted to take one OTC drug for cognitive enhancement, it's one of these.
Prefixes just vary in potency,Pi weakest, Oxi strongest. Just depends which ones I can find at what price. But these enhance cognition and have cardiovascular benefits. The Aniractam is also known for anti-anxiety properties.
- Magnesium is needed in 300+ chemical reactions in the body/Maintain low adderall tolerance/Nervous system support.
Vitamin B 6 & 12
- Neurotransmitter synthesis/Metabolism/Help absorb other supplements.
- Non essential amino acid, supports muscle growth/Sometimes slight anti-depressant effect.
- Sleep/Antioxidant/Slight cognitive enhancement.
D-Amphetamine Salt Combo (generic Adderall)
- ADHD/Motivation. Not considered a nootropic but obviously does aid brain function.
Made this thread to see if anyone else is into cognitive enhancing nootropics, if you do take any, what are they and what do they do for your body? How long have you been taking them? Etc.