Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-20-2013, 12:43 PM #1
dakotaman

Annual Supporting Member
dakotaman owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dakotaman is attending Decay of Nations VI
Arrow Flying with paintball gear

What are the airline rules for flying with a paintball guns and tanks? I know you have to remove the regulator from the tank but can you just put the marker in your luggage?
dakotaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 04:07 PM #2
PalmHarborPirates (Banned)

PalmHarborPirates is playing at Living Legends V
I would just mail the tank to where your going to.
http://youtu.be/zxrjcw584Dc
PalmHarborPirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 AM #3
STRIP3S
Stumpf

STRIP3S plays in the PSP
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STRIP3S plays in the APPA D4 division
As long as the marker is separated from the air tank, it should be fine. It is also true that you have to take the regs off the bottles when putting them in luggage.
The thing I would do is check the TSA page on how to travel with specific luggage. And being with the way TSA is, these can change from day to day.
XFT

GEARBAG SALE - TOO MANY ITEMS TO LIST
STRIP3S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 AM #4
Killa Daddy Of Two
Killa Daddy of Two

Killa Daddy Of Two is playing at Living Legends V
Killa Daddy Of Two owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Killa Daddy Of Two has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Killa Daddy Of Two is attending Decay of Nations VI
I flew to OKDDay, with gear. Make sure you separate Reg from tanks, and pack everything into your CHECKED luggage, and DECLARE it. This is pretty much a safe way to do it every time, every airline. DECLARING it is KEY, you wouldnt want to surprise any xray screeners, with something that looks like a firearm, if they know before hand, they will most likely wave it on, without hand checking it, and opening your luggage.
Killa Daddy Of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:19 PM #5
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The big thing with TSA is really taking the reg off your tank, as stated. After that, some items specifically have to be placed in check on luggage, and some can be placed with carry on. I actually flew with a HPA tank in my carry on luggage. Reg was separated, and when I went through the checkpoint, they wanted to check it out. Easy as Pie.

After that, check your individual airlines rules for traveling with sports equipment. So don't care, others have certain rules for sports gear. Like maybe you need to have it in hard sided luggage or hard sided case in the luggage.

Use TSA approved luggage locks. You want to lock your stuff, to reduce the chance of sticky fingers walking away with your stuff, but if it isn't a TSA approved lock, it will get cut off, and you will not have any form of security.

Document everything that you have in your checked in luggage. This may seem a bit paranoid, but if anything goes missing, you can prove that you owned what is now missing. Take pictures, get serial numbers, get as much of a description of what you have. Make copies of this, like send one copy to your email, carry one on a thumb drive, maybe even have a hard copy. If something goes missing, it is best to report it right away, not later on when you finally have access to the list of what you had go missing.

You do not have to declare your paintball stuff. It is not a firearm, and as such it does not have to be declared. Mind you, not a bad idea, but at the same time, if the airline and TSA are busy, you are causing them extra work.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote