Community Focus

Old 04-19-2013, 10:05 PM #1
jerbarela88

Annual Supporting Member
jerbarela88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jerbarela88 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jerbarela88 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Azodin Kaos gas-thru frame mod

Anybody have an idea for how to go about turning the Kaos into a gas thru frame mechanical marker?

the idea hit me and a friend 2 nights ago and we are pretty dead set on trying it.

we are fairly new to the sport after taking a few years off respectfully, and never done any kind of hard core mods before.

any ideas would be great
jerbarela88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 PM #2
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
pretty sure this isn't possible. haven't put much thought into it because being macroless makes trouble shooting a bit more of a pain in the ***, and just simply doesn't make any difference other than looks.
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:36 AM #3
Cayennemist

Maybe if you can give us an idea how you plant to pull this off.

Honestly it just seems like more trouble than its worth, I am pretty open minded, but I just don't see how this is possible without milling a new frame/body.
Cayennemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:55 AM #4
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
and doing that^ to a $90 marker is a bit crazy. but please post pics if you try
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:36 AM #5
NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

NickRowell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NickRowell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NickRowell supports Team VICIOUS
NickRowell supports Team VICIOUS
NickRowell supports Pev's Paintball
I think it's very possible. BUT you will need alot of devotion- of your time and wallet. So here's my thoughts.

You could buy a frame of a gun that is macro line less and it must be a flat frame top that way it will screw into the gun body. Like maybe a gt frame or something. Then mill some holes into the frame to make it have the same screw hole lineup as the frame. The axe frame im assuming would work because the relay asa regulates air and theres no board to be placed in the frame. But you would need to work with all the board stuff if you get any other frame than an axe.

Here's where it gets messy- and expensive. You need to get a new reg, one that doesn't use macro line, like a gt reg, or a bob long reg. but I believe this would be unnecessary if you used an axe frame, therefore you cause just need a comfortable reg to fit.

Next you mil the inside of the body to we're the air will have a "tunnel" if you will, for it to travel to the reg. Then you need to mill the inside of the body to where the air will go from being regulated to the proper fps to the bolt. Now if you got the Axe frame the air would already be regulated in the asa so you could mill up the air transfer tube and the regulated air transfer tube together. Then get a reg and just mod it so you can screw it on, but the internals would be usless.

So here is my thought. It will be a very very cool thing, so you do this mod to it, send the bolt to pooty, then get a better feedneck, and barrel and it would be amazing. BUT after all the trouble you might as well just buy a MVP pump. Though the resell price on this thing would be around 800 ish if you got a nice anno.

MARQ CLAN
You Know You Want My Rotor!
NickRowell is offline   Reply With Quote