PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM #1
zz rai
One and only

has been a member for 10 years
PSI of Gauge on Front Blocks?

Hey guys, I have seen some Cockers with a gauge installed at the bottom of the front block where the screw is, and was wondering if I were to do so too, what should the max psi of the gauge?

Thanks!
zz rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM #2
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz rai View Post
Hey guys, I have seen some Cockers with a gauge installed at the bottom of the front block where the screw is, and was wondering if I were to do so too, what should the max psi of the gauge?

Thanks!
That port will indicate the operating pressure (usually 300-350ish). It's the same pressure you'd see if you had a guage on your inline reg.

I personally prefer having a guage under the front block over having one on the reg. It's good to have one or the the other.

Ideally I'd go with a 0-600 guage but have used a 0-800. I'd avoid anything lower as it would be easy to blow out the guage if there was a problem with your reg.

Also, if you have a 15' ASA you need a gauge with an offset port. MacDev offers an offset guage that works. It does have to be installed with either the front block removed or the ASA removed.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 PM #3
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
It depends on your autococker. Most autocockers with a HPR run around 250-450 psi depending on the setup, so a 0-600psi gauge would work with most. You might need a 0-1200 psi gauge if you don't use a HPR.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:56 PM #4
Dk-79
SCHWING!

I've always wound up with a sweet spot somewhere around 280 psi, and a 0-400 is usually a little easier to read when it comes to little adjustments, however, after a time they're really there as a ballpark figure to make sure you're not way over or under pressurized.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 PM #5
zz rai
One and only

Thanks guys! I will go with a 0-600 or 0-800 PSI gauge.
zz rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 PM #6
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
I was able to install a gauge on my 15 deg vertical ASA without an offset port. The gauge housing was slightly touching the HPR so I lightly filed the edge of the gauge so that you can now see daylight between the two. I used a 32 deg brand gauge that goes from 0-1200psi. Way more than necessary, I just didn't have anything else on hand the moment. You will still want to sweet spot everything anyway so this is just a quick rule of thumb to make sure the operating pressure is around what it is supposed to be
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote